Post-Game Talk: Jets 6- Ottawa/St.Laurent 5

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I would rest Hellebuyck until the last game of the year.

Start sitting players and reducing their ice time to avoid any injuries before the playoffs.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Yep let's rest Laine. Playing him now till playoffs is as smart as playing Helly we want to give the players a chance to break records.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Wheeler is playing great. How much can we pay him before it crosses the line? 9 mil a season 10?

ATLbound

Aug 3, 2006
Ontario
Wheeler is playing great. How much can we pay him before it crosses the line? 9 mil a season 10?

At 32 next year absolutly not. 9-10 is already past the line. Will have to be longer term taking cap hit off per year. Even if it means the last couple seasons he will be an overpaid bottom 6 vet. Who knows though a career year at 31, he could be a freak that doesn't slow down until after 35

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
CD63xgh.gif

I made a gif of Wheels' reaction to Sheifs' pass to himself. I think this could be used wisely for playoff reactions/bad calls/whatever.

I missed the game -- about when was this play that apparently even got a laugh out of Maurice? I wanna see it now!

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
I missed the game -- about when was this play that apparently even got a laugh out of Maurice? I wanna see it now!

OTT pulled their goalie with 3.3 seconds left in the second and an offensive zone faceoff. Scheif won it, and rifled the puck down the ice.

Was about 5 feet off target from a goal.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
This game shows what "garbage time" really is when many posters here used to tout the Jet's wins at the end of pretty much every season once they were out of it as a "sign of things to come".

I was cringing everytime a sens player was taking a slapshot for fear of someone getting hurt. Rest everyone. Call up the moose!

Insthofen

Dec 2, 2016
I wish they try Laine on Wheeler's spot on powerplay every once in a while. That confused opponent big time in Finnish playoffs, and he can actually score with a wrister there, even when it's the wrong side.

Reactions: Halberdier

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Glad we won , alot of people are worried about Laine , i'm not , it's Ehlers that has me shaking my head alot lately . Wheeler had a couple goals but man he goes brain dead sometimes AND IF YOU ARE TIRED GET OFF THE ICE !!! Anyone still think we should get rid of Buff ? Man when he isn't in the lineup we are missing so many things from our game it's incredible . I don't think these games are meaningless because if we are lucky and get to the conference final , home ice against Vegas would be huge .

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I love Myers. I think he was weak early on in the season as expected, but has steadily improved. That reach, calmness and skating is almost like Chara in his prime.
Myers can be very good but he has way too many brain farts for my liking . When he is thinking the game well he is very good .

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Just took a quick glance at the last couple pages of the GDT and seriously people need to learn how to relax a bit. We are in true garbage time and we remained reasonably engaged and got 2 points. That along with no injuries is a very good night.

Yup 100% this!!

We are playing out the string and whatever happens in the next few games (INJURIES NOTWITHSTANDING) will have ZERO I repeat ZERO impact on the playoffs.

Allow yourself to relax......breath......and even be bored as a fan if you’d like.

For now

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
Tanev is looking amazing right now. He's obviously overflowing with confidence. He looked like a true scorer when he lined up that shot :laugh:

Good for him. Maybe he does actually start to score more regularly. If he can score 10 goals on average a season going forward, he has the tools to be one of the best 4th line players in this league.

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
Entertaining game to watch in a weird, sick way. Could just feel that 5 wasn't going to be enough to win it - that tells you a lot about how we played. We got the 2 points, found a way to get it done. That's a very good thing. Can we sign Karlsson?

I'm a bit worried about Helle. Rest him a bit, please.

We miss Buf.

Coach needs to duct tape both Ehlers hands onto his stick when he is in our end of the ice. The guy is so freakin weak on zone exits, trying to deak around everyone often or chip it up with one hand on his stick. I have a source that says that the only reason that they don't do it, is because he needs to be able to have one hand on his stick in the neutral and O zones. Not really, but you probably get my point.

Another Too Many Men on the Ice penalty. WTF is wrong with our bench?????!!!!!!???????!!!!!!????? FIX IT PLEASE!!!!

On to the next one.

ulf

Sep 21, 2002
sandy hook
Visit site
Watched some of it and miss the Helly that got us here. The ESL line needs to play much better in their own zone before good things start happening in the Ozone. Everybody plays game 82. Hoping for character wins in 1st 2 playoff games.....then the sweep.

WolfgangPuck

May 12, 2012
How bad the Sens are now. This team was jusr one goal away from the SC finals last year
Count your blessing Jets fans and don’t take things for granted
Enjoy the playoff run !

libertarian

Jul 27, 2017
Middle Earth
That’s the thing. If the Wild spend too much time focusing on Laine, we have the guns to make them pay. The other night against Toronto, Buff’s goal was a direct result of Hyman taking himself out of the play to shadow Laine. If the Wild do that in the playoffs, Ehlers, or Connor, or Wheeler, or Scheifele, or Buff, etc. will burn them.

Hey don't forget our sniper on the 4th line called Tanev.:naughty:

Reactions: snowkiddin

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Entertaining game to watch in a weird, sick way. Could just feel that 5 wasn't going to be enough to win it - that tells you a lot about how we played. We got the 2 points, found a way to get it done. That's a very good thing. Can we sign Karlsson?

I'm a bit worried about Helle. Rest him a bit, please.

We miss Buf.

Coach needs to duct tape both Ehlers hands onto his stick when he is in our end of the ice. The guy is so freakin weak on zone exits, trying to deak around everyone often or chip it up with one hand on his stick. I have a source that says that the only reason that they don't do it, is because he needs to be able to have one hand on his stick in the neutral and O zones. Not really, but you probably get my point.

Another Too Many Men on the Ice penalty. WTF is wrong with our bench?????!!!!!!???????!!!!!!????? FIX IT PLEASE!!!!

On to the next one.

That particular too many men penalty was pretty weak.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
This game shows what "garbage time" really is when many posters here used to tout the Jet's wins at the end of pretty much every season once they were out of it as a "sign of things to come".

I was cringing everytime a sens player was taking a slapshot for fear of someone getting hurt. Rest everyone. Call up the moose!
Difference is that now the Jets are playoff bound, but they are still winning in "garbage time". I think the Jets very strong play late last season really was an early sign of the strength of their team. They weren't just winning, but also displaying a style of play and effectiveness that has become so familiar this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad