Post-Game Talk: Jets 6- Ottawa/St.Laurent 5

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
Entertaining game to watch in a weird, sick way. Could just feel that 5 wasn't going to be enough to win it - that tells you a lot about how we played. We got the 2 points, found a way to get it done. That's a very good thing. Can we sign Karlsson?

I'm a bit worried about Helle. Rest him a bit, please.

We miss Buf.

Coach needs to duct tape both Ehlers hands onto his stick when he is in our end of the ice. The guy is so freakin weak on zone exits, trying to deak around everyone often or chip it up with one hand on his stick. I have a source that says that the only reason that they don't do it, is because he needs to be able to have one hand on his stick in the neutral and O zones. Not really, but you probably get my point.

Another Too Many Men on the Ice penalty. WTF is wrong with our bench?????!!!!!!???????!!!!!!????? FIX IT PLEASE!!!!

On to the next one.
TD;DR = we won.

Reactions: Jets2point0

Conflicted Habs fan

"Beauty will save the world" - Dostoyevsky
Sponsor
Nov 23, 2011
Montreal
Good game! Came home and watched the game last night in the late first period, missed the first three goals but glad to see the team hold out for the win. What happened to Buff? He wasn't in the lineup. Is he injured?
Tanev is skating faster and is becoming our most dangerous forward. I think opposing teams are spending their effort shutting down the first two lines but leaving our third open to attack. I see many chances for the likes of Tanev, Lowry Copp and Perreault!

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Just watch the Lowry shifts.... worth the price of admission.

Isn't this the truth. If that line continues to play like that, I think it takes away our opponents' ability to line match on the road. Teams would probably prefer any other line to that one. Just tenacious.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Teams focus on Stastny line because they get the media attention. Schief line gets good match ups because of it and they have been pretty dominate too lately. That 4th line though just crushes teams top lines and eats up bottom lines like no ones business.

Agree. It doesn't matter who they focus on (except for stats padding), there are three other lines that can take it to an opponent.

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
Good game! Came home and watched the game last night in the late first period, missed the first three goals but glad to see the team hold out for the win. What happened to Buff? He wasn't in the lineup. Is he injured?
Tanev is skating faster and is becoming our most dangerous forward. I think opposing teams are spending their effort shutting down the first two lines but leaving our third open to attack. I see many chances for the likes of Tanev, Lowry Copp and Perreault!

Bolded: nope. Was just plain and simply "rested" according to Maurice.

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018
What a weird game! First and fourth lines showed up to play! Second and third, not so much. We had the game in the bag, but I understand that it's hard to motivate oneself for such a game, a win is a win still. So happy for Perreault. Tanev is heating up nicely for the playoffs :D

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
What a weird game! First and fourth lines showed up to play! Second and third, not so much. We had the game in the bag, but I understand that it's hard to motivate oneself for such a game, a win is a win still. So happy for Perreault. Tanev is heating up nicely for the playoffs :D
I thought all 4 lines were good on the far side of center. We were a cluster F@#$ defensively though

NotCommitted

Jul 4, 2013
I sort of tried to watch the game but got through first period and a bit of second. Not that it wasn't an entertaining hockey game from what I saw but hard to care at this point... if Laine had scored two before I stopped watching I probably would've tried to watch it through simply to see the hat trick but meeeeh... PLAYOOFFFFSSS, I want playyyyoffssss... Crazy to think he has gone pointless for what? 6 or 7 games now? Apart from the last couple he and that whole line have played well though and early on this cold stretch they were great. Though Ehlers seems to be slipping back to some of his boneheaded ways and I think I'm also seeing the level of Laine's game starting to drop if the last 2 is any indication. He needs to score a couple, the sooner the better. I'm not worried for garbage time games and honestly last night that there were a couple plays with high risk of injury that made me go into "BENCH EVERYONE, PLAY THE MOOSE!" panic mode. I hope the Jets manage to pick it up a bit for their last couple of regular season games to start the playoffs in the right way. But great to see some more guys score, the Jets need to fire on all 4 cylinders in the post-season.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018
We've been at or near the top of their prediction model for a couple months now. Jets are coming out at 12-for-1 (so, basically, 11-to-1) on PlayNow as of today, and even at that I've thought it's a value pick to load up on a play money not-for-real-money-no-sir-ee, mods-did-you-catch-that kind of wager.

Yeah it's crazy ainnit! I just find odds where Jets are at *THE TOP TO WIN IT ALL* the best :D

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Tanev is looking amazing right now. He's obviously overflowing with confidence. He looked like a true scorer when he lined up that shot :laugh:

Good for him. Maybe he does actually start to score more regularly. If he can score 10 goals on average a season going forward, he has the tools to be one of the best 4th line players in this league.

Tanev is also handling the puck pretty well, almost looks like Ehlers (minus the giveaways) on some shifts!

Jets2point0

Oct 14, 2017
After that game I’m not sure I share a lot of the same feelings as others.. to me it seemed like we were out for a hard scrimmage and the win was never in doubt. Sure we might give up some lazy goals but we always had another gear (or 5) to turn it up when we needed to.

108 and onwards

Reactions: Trilliann

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Is this an epic fail by the Winnipeg Sun or what?

IMG_0822.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad