Post-Game Talk: Jets 5 - Blues 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
It was nice to see the PP get on the score board -
I'd also think that our top players had a load lifted off once they scored that first one (and then another on the next opportunity).
This might have been weighing on the guys and to finally break through was enough to make them feel a little better about their skill -
It was certainly on display after that first goal.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
goes w/o saying but the top-line figuring it out and showing some semblance of this performance going forward would be huge.

Prior to the game this just felt like a get-right game for them. glad to see the 3 players breakthrough at 5v5 or on the PP

Last edited:

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
If Edmonton can waive Campbell, then Chevy should man up and waive Stan or Schmidt.
Right now coaching has decided Schmidt is their #6 defenseman and Stanley is #7. Until that changes neither will be waived. It might take Heinola returning to change that, or calling up Capo, but with the current CBA there is little cap value in burring contracts in the AHL so it is unlikely to be done for that reason.

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015
Right now coaching has decided Schmidt is their #6 defenseman and Stanley is #7. Until that changes neither will be waived. It might take Heinola returning to change that, or calling up Capo, but with the current CBA there is little cap value in burring contracts in the AHL so it is unlikely to be done for that reason.

It seemed clear to me that they had Heinola as #6 and Schmidt as #7 coming out of training camp. Hopefully that ends up happening. Although the Jets have been playing great defensively…

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Funny how our much maligned team is solidifying its stake in the top 3 and is only 1 point out of 1st. Take out the Preds and Stars to end out the week and we are most likely sitting 1st in the Central at the start of next week.

I wasn't going to mention that. :laugh:

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
It is by far our most balance and deep team we have had since 2017-18. Especially up front. Defense has also been mostly good. It is nice not to have to rely on goaltending as much.

YES!!!
I think the depth/balance up front is better than 18.
The D has played better than I expected. Thought Schmiddy was actually pretty good last night.

That first 10 minutes was pretty shaky. Helle held us in it. Then Jets just took over.

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
Had to get up really early this morning and watch the rest of the game.

I was happy to see how fast the Jets looked compared to the Blues.

Disappointed that I did not see a Billington meltdown.

Great game by our top line.

Onto face the Preds.

giphy.gif

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
It seemed clear to me that they had Heinola as #6 and Schmidt as #7 coming out of training camp. Hopefully that ends up happening. Although the Jets have been playing great defensively…
I don't know if it was that clear -
IIRC, Smitty was hurt most of preseason and they were giving Ville a solid look during that time.
Without a doubt, they were going to give Ville an opportunity in reg season games - he played well enough to get that chance.
The next test would be to determine if could continue to play well enough to unseat Smitty.
And that's when the wheels fell off after Ville was injured.

Reactions: surixon and Jets 31

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
If Schmidt was healthy at the beginning of the season he was always going to be part of the starting six with Heinola as the 7, if Heinola was healthy right now he would be in the lineup.

Reactions: larmex99
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad