Post-Game Talk: Jets 4 - Blues 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I would really like to see Kupari drop his shoulder and drive the net when he is charging in the offensive zone, he has the size... he has the speed.

Agreed. He has some good tools but imo he doesn't use them efficiently enough enough to be a true middle 6 player. If he learned to do so he'd be a great add here. Still like what he brings to the fourth line but he has more to give with some decision making refinement.

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
Stayed awake for the whole game, I think that's a first this year (even the afternoon game I fell asleep)! Jets played very well, but had a bit of a let down on those two B-Lose goals. I give the game four famous mice out of five...

giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

The Prediction Contest has been posted for the game against the Dead Wings. It should be noted that no less than eighteen posters earned at least three points tonight! Way to go everyone! No one has claimed the game on Thursday against Detroit, so if you would like to make a GDT, here's your chance! See you then...

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Good team win tonight. I thought it was a well played game and the team was able to get to the middle of the ice in period two to blow it open. One thing I will say about Arniel is that he has no issue in running his bench to close out games. He doesn't shorten to the same extent Bones does and thay is refreshing.

Helle looks to be back. Another excellent game by him.

JoMo and DeMelo played well other then JoMo's pizza. Found Morrissey has had some trouble breaking teams down offensively at 5 on 5 lately.

Pionk and Dillion were solid.
Snerg was ok but Schmidt was bad. He might be at the age where his game falls off hard.

Top line. Connor is a player who can ldo nothing all game but score on his one good look like tonight. It helped that Binnington left his post early and gave him a lot to shoot at. KFC isn't going to miss that open net. Scheifele was solid as was Iafallo. One thing I haven't liked about that line since Vilardi went down is they are back giving up more then they generate.

Second line. Ehlers was awful tonight. When he wasn't invisible he was making just dumb passing decisions and/or misfiring on them. He was also on the perimeter far too much. Perfetti was excellent both ways tonight. Great assist and almost had another. Namestnikov is playing well but he shows his imitations at times.

Third line. I thought they were good. They got a nice goal and were solid defensively.

Fourth line. It was nice to see Gus score and Barron and Kupari did well in limited minutes.

AussieBomberJet

Dec 28, 2017
Northern Beaches, Queensland
Looks like the Jets with be in the 11-12k attendance bracket this year with the original six filling the building when they come in. Now going on a really hot streak and creating a buzz could bump that count up but consistent sell outs aren't happening this year.
Poor attendance has been a hot topic so far this season. You can't escape it in the media.....it's everywhere. Many former STHs coming forth stating that they didn't appreciate the thinly veiled threats by TNSE regarding ticket sales, being 'if you don't buy tickets the team may end up leaving'. If that is true, I wouldn't appreciate being treated like that either.

johnnyonthspot

Apr 1, 2012
Also interested how maligned Connor is around here, but, no one says anything bout Ehlers who is supposed to be our 2nd winger not putting up points or creating offence.
I think he is a shell of his former self; he may need a change of scenery

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Poor attendance has been a hot topic so far this season. You can't escape it in the media.....it's everywhere. Many former STHs coming forth stating that they didn't appreciate the thinly veiled threats by TNSE regarding ticket sales, being 'if you don't buy tickets the team may end up leaving'. If that is true, I wouldn't appreciate being treated like that either.
That wouldn't be a thinly veiled threat, it would be reality. I don't recall anything like that in the ticket renewal emails I received this year, though. It's not like the Jets are owned by Harold Ballard, although people seem to think it's as bad.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Nice to get the win. Was tied up again with kids hockey late and couldn’t catch the game.

Not much posting when we win? Losing seems to bring out a different group with more passion all be it negative and repetitive.

GJG

JetsWillFly4Ever

May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Haven't been able to watch many games so far this year but good to see the boys bouncing back. Let's get some momentum going and hopefully bring some life to the fanbase. Judging by the crowds and my personal circle there is very little excitement for the Jets this year unfortunately.

If we can make a push to the top of the standings that could help quite a bit.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
That wouldn't be a thinly veiled threat, it would be reality. I don't recall anything like that in the ticket renewal emails I received this year, though. It's not like the Jets are owned by Harold Ballard, although people seem to think it's as bad.
No direct communication to STH, it was the ad campaign they ran during the playoffs last year.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
since being moved to Wing i've found Perfetti much more assertive offensively, he had a real good game tonight. Namestnikov is doing some of the little things to keep that line away from the Dzone and playing offensively (believe he is the top Jet in exiting the Dzone w/o turnovers) as well as maintaining possession in the Ozone. 2nd line was great again. i know KC scored that goal but which you love to see ofc but found him pretty quiet offensively, and ehlers i guess is celebrating halloween a couple weeks early and dressing up as a ghost.

Nice to get the win. Was tied up again with kids hockey late and couldn’t catch the game.

Not much posting when we win? Losing seems to bring out a different group with more passion all be it negative and repetitive.

GJG
how many posts were you expecting from 10AM-5AM on a Tues night? the last 2 Post-GDTs which were wins had 200+ posts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad