Post-Game Talk: Jets 3 - Stars 0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
So... I'm watching TSN and Google tells me that both Jennifer Hedger and Bruce Boudreau are 5"10. She's probably wearing heels, but still

1000027075.jpg

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Are you sure? I wouldn't want to possibly let a criticism slip and ruin your whole evening.

Besides I'm very busy regrouping for the big attack tomorrow
There won't be any big attack by anyone unless someone comes and starts posting negative shit about this game because of a an advanced stat

When the Jets play the best teams in the league, wins will look like this. Top line sawing off at evens, other lines trying to win their matchups and elite goaltending. That's the path to success in the playoffs

If you want to enjoy a long Jets playoff run, expect wins like this one and the last one

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
There seems to be a few posters predictably absent from the PGT

To be fair to them, only the Lowry line had a +ve xGF% but honestly, who gives a f***?

Six in a row feels good. The way they won tonight feels even better
The Jets played a solid game. Bounced back from one of their worst games of the season to something closer to what we'd hope to see.

Burn Perfetti! He's a witch!

Anyway, thank god the ship has been righted. It's all fair weather and smooth sailing from here to the Cup! ;)

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
So... I'm watching TSN and Google tells me that both Jennifer Hedger and Bruce Boudreau are 5"10. She's probably wearing heels, but still

View attachment 850268
Clearly Jennifer's subject to a distortion effect due to camera angle. Apologies for my previous comment, that wasn't called for.

Last edited:

johnnyonthspot

Apr 1, 2012
So, can we be happy? Gotta go check naturalstatstrick to make sure
I am speechless. Unfortunately, no time to celebrate as they have Col saturday. I hope the don't suffer from the same hangover as they had after the Ranger win!

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
The Jets played a solid game. Bounced back from one of their worst games of the season to something closer to what we'd hope to see.

Burn Perfetti! He's a witch!

Anyway, thank god the ship has been righted. It's all fair weather and smooth sailing from here to the Cup! ;)
I doubt that lol. I'd love to see a cup victory, but I doubt it happens based on odds alone. I'll still enjoy the ride

There will be good games and bad games. But the same is true for every team

johnnyonthspot

Apr 1, 2012
These Jets have it in them to play really sound hockey -
I wasn't sure what to expect tonight - almost thought they were mailing this one in without Helle
But they played a super structured game that had the Stars mumbling to themselves -
Great effort - and great to see against what I consider the team to beat in the west.
I was not expecting this at all. Kudos to them

WpgSteve

Nov 5, 2018
Great game. I thought it was fairly even. We got the bounces and Dallas didn't. Nice to see the team win without Scheifele playing a major role. Bodes well for the playoffs.

RustyCat

Registered homie
Dec 29, 2014
Winnipeg
Lowry line excellent at their job tonight. Gus was impressive

Fourth line........can you even consider that a 4th line? They were great

Ehlers with a great bounce back game. Though his line played well

LB doing LB things and just killing it this season

Demelo and Samberg with great games

Big Stan proving I dont know shit about hockey because I sure like where he is trending after I have criticized him a few times this season

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
I watched the game on a recording so that I could turn the game off if it went in the direction of a beatdown. Decent game. Personally I really don't care about the W/L record in these games, just the process. The process was better here than in Nashville, remains to be seen how repeatable it is.

Jealous of the Stars with Johnston and Stankoven and how their coach deploys them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad