Post-Game Talk: Jets 3 - Stars 0

Status
Not open for further replies.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
Home ice is within reach, but I'm not sure that's necessarily a good thing.

It needs to be noted, I think, that since returning in 2011, the Jets home playoff record is, well...awful. They're 7-13 at home, and 10-12 on the road. The White Outs are a lot of fun, but maybe counterproductive for the team.

I am enthused about how they're playing, going into the playoffs, though. From about mid-November to the end of December the Jets were, by quite a wide margin, the best team in the NHL. Then...they weren't.

They seem to be getting it back though, and right now they're more like December's team than January-March's team. If they can keep it up, there's nobody they can't beat. Not saying they will, but they can.

I thought playing Brossoit tonight was brilliant. It's a statement. We can beat the best teams with our backup goalie, which has to give the entire team a boost in confidence, and if it had backfired, they have an excuse - Hellebuyck wasn't playing. Honestly, this was one of Bowness' best psychological moves all season.
the home ice record is really getting over blown around here...

Ponds

ꮯꭺꭲꭺꮯꮮꭹꮪꮇ!
Nov 2, 2023
Anacita
Squirtle_Squad.png

Trust the squad.

Jets rolled their chuck wagon into Big D and shot the sheriff, right through the star. Here's a mash hot off the press, fittingly featuring some Texans.

The feel good factor is back and so are the Jets. I ain't talking no tall tales friend. Give em Colorado, give em Dallas, give em whoever.. and then give em the Cup.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
Guys this really isn’t important. AM chase for 70 with Leafs losing will be the talk of the sports world.
God there are days I hate Toronto
Truthfully I'm surprised they didn't break into our telecast to tell us about Mathews getting closer to 70. It will be hilarious if he breaks 70 and the Leafs go out in the first round with him not showing up in the playoffs once again leaving all the Leafs fan boys screaming for him to be traded again

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
So Bones is smarter than the stats guys and armchair coaches … how can that be?
What are the keyboard warriors going to do now?
There seems to be a few posters predictably absent from the PGT

To be fair to them, only the Lowry line had a +ve xGF% but honestly, who gives a f***?

Six in a row feels good. The way they won tonight feels even better

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Truthfully I'm surprised they didn't break into our telecast to tell us about Mathews getting closer to 70. It will be hilarious if he breaks 70 and the Leafs go out in the first round with him not showing up in the playoffs once again leaving all the Leafs fan boys screaming for him to be traded again

He will show up...

With his pants down...

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
JETS - Cheer.gif

We're all pumped here, 5 wins in a row, and shut out the 1st place team. The Jets could win the Cup here. GJG. Don't want to play the Preds, and hope we don't finish first. Second place - perfect.

Last edited:

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Great game - dialed back in to bones system

Rolling four lines all forwards basically 13-17 mins - yes please

Some pionk scares but not terrible

Brosswall, gus and Stan all good

Samberg should be top pairing with jomo

Nice hard working game by ehlers

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
5/5 Stickmen tonight, first and foremost LB we should no worries with him in net best Jets back up ever. Stanley is growing into a serviceable d man right in front of our eyes, Gus does nothing great but everything well. Toffoli needs to wake up could a possible sitting on the pine for the playoffs await, doubtful. Nik rebounds, pk was great pp still needs work as do the refs. All the line played well the D for the most part did to. Down the stretch could this team be peaking at the right time ? I think the Jets gave the Stars something to think about.

dancing-rainbow-neon-stickman-rainbow.gif

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
These aren't patsies that we are playing down the stretch, and beating them in their building should tell even the none believers that this team is a very good team and if they play the way they have to they will win more than they will lose which is very important in a seven game series

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad