ꮯꭺꭲꭺꮯꮮꭹꮪꮇ!
Nov 2, 2023
Anacita
Lowry line excellent at their job tonight. Gus was impressive

Fourth line........can you even consider that a 4th line? They were great

Ehlers with a great bounce back game. Though his line played well

LB doing LB things and just killing it this season

Demelo and Samberg with great games

Big Stan proving I dont know shit about hockey because I sure like where he is trending after I have criticized him a few times this season
The Tower or Terror completely won me over this year. Biggest turn since The Ringmaster became Stone Cold Steve Austin.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
I'm not afraid of meeting the Stars in the playoffs, never have been and never will be.
Quite honestly, the team I don't want to play against in the playoffs are the Jets.
We were playing playoff hockey way back in the fall.
Teams better be afraid of meeting us in the playoffs.
Bones has his team playing well and the goalies are the best in the league at their position.
Bring on the Avs!!!

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Fantastic showings by Stanley and Gus. Pionk was really the only player that frustrated me at any point this game, and the only times I remember it happening was on the penalty kill.

Browsing around on NHL Edge, the only Jet defenseman to break 22 miles per hour is Schmidt at 23.10. Samberg is next at 21.99.

Injury prone Ehlers is 3 games away from playing a full season.

Last edited:

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
1712897449967.png

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
I watched the game on a recording so that I could turn the game off if it went in the direction of a beatdown. Decent game. Personally I really don't care about the W/L record in these games, just the process. The process was better here than in Nashville, remains to be seen how repeatable it is.

Jealous of the Stars with Johnston and Stankoven and how their coach deploys them.
Maybe if we get lucky, our coach can deploy our young players like he does and we can lose too!

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Yeah I mean I'm glad we won and all, but let's pump the brakes a bit; one excellent win notwithstanding, there's a reason why Dallas is currenly a 200-1 favorite over us to win the division.

Maybe if we get lucky, our coach can deploy our young players like he does and we can lose too!

If we had a player named "Stankoven" I'd want him played every damn game.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Yeah I mean I'm glad we won and all, but let's pump the brakes a bit; one excellent win notwithstanding, there's a reason why Dallas is currenly a 200-1 favorite over us to win the division.

If we had a player named "Stankoven" I'd want him played every damn game.
Might have something to do with the fact that they need 2 points to clinch it, and they'd need to lose out and we'd need to win out for them to lose it.

EDIT: That's not entirely true, loser points could factor in. Dallas could lose both games in extra time and they'd still clinch it.

Last edited:

ThinIce61

Jul 11, 2018
I don't want to say some of you guys don't know much but man some of you guys don't know much

The pre game thread looks idiotic now
In fairness to those in the pre game thread who anticipated we might lose were mostly basing that I'm sure off of our horrible track record against the Dullest Starz. We could just as easily had our doors blown off and not many would have been surprised.

That said this was a great win we needed, to put it in the Stars heads that not only can they beaten but that the Winnipeg Jets could beat them.

LB fantastic again. It will be sad day when he signs elsewhere in the off season if he does.

Nice game by the Gus Bus.
If we don't resign Brendon Dillon then Samberg should be 2nd pair next season. Priority on D will be to sign Demelo.

Stanley really solid again and depending on what happens with Heinola we may have our 3rd pairing guy for next season.

Why no penalty call on Benn holding Monohan's stick for like an hour right in front of an official?. Thought the calls that went against us were pretty chintzy.

Pionk on the ice is always an adventure. If we lose to the Avs I'd like to see Pionk sit for a couple games.

Snot Rocket

HF anti-tank squad
Feb 3, 2013
Winnipeg
Fantastic showings by Stanley and Gus. Pionk was really the only player that frustrated me at any point this game, and the only times I remember it happening was on the penalty kill.

Browsing around on NHL Edge, the only Jet defenseman to break 22 miles per hour is Schmidt at 23.10. Samberg is next at 21.99.

Injury prone Ehlers is 3 games away from playing a full season.
Much like shutouts you don't say that stuff until AFTER...it's just bad juju.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
And since we like to beat on Bowness alot in here i think it's only fair that we give the guy some props for making some good lineup decisions for last night. Lord knows we would have been hearing what a dumbass he is if we lost. 49 wins already this season with 3 more games to hit 50 , that's a great season if you ask me. Oh and with 43 regulation wins right now we are 1st in the entire NHL . GO JETS GO .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad