Canada
Eddy Belfour leaving his box tonight
jacknicholson-angry.gif

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
These Jets have it in them to play really sound hockey -
I wasn't sure what to expect tonight - almost thought they were mailing this one in without Helle
But they played a super structured game that had the Stars mumbling to themselves -
Great effort - and great to see against what I consider the team to beat in the west.

DharmaBum

Just like a young Dave Ellett
Nov 14, 2010
Winnipeg
Larry Bro still undefeated (In regulation) vs. Dallas, now 3-0-1.
Appleton the leading point getter in this game; 2 assists.
Avoided get swept in the season series.
Played an overall good game, putting together good elements of previous games. Feels like we could be getting on a good roll.

Play like that and we can take down 'Occupied Mexico' in the playoffs.

Jaytee

Feb 27, 2015
Great statement win approaching the finish line. Home ice is within reach!
Home ice is within reach, but I'm not sure that's necessarily a good thing.

It needs to be noted, I think, that since returning in 2011, the Jets home playoff record is, well...awful. They're 7-13 at home, and 10-12 on the road. The White Outs are a lot of fun, but maybe counterproductive for the team.

I am enthused about how they're playing, going into the playoffs, though. From about mid-November to the end of December the Jets were, by quite a wide margin, the best team in the NHL. Then...they weren't.

They seem to be getting it back though, and right now they're more like December's team than January-March's team. If they can keep it up, there's nobody they can't beat. Not saying they will, but they can.

I thought playing Brossoit tonight was brilliant. It's a statement. We can beat the best teams with our backup goalie, which has to give the entire team a boost in confidence, and if it had backfired, they have an excuse - Hellebuyck wasn't playing. Honestly, this was one of Bowness' best psychological moves all season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad