Prospect Info: Jesse Ylönen - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
I know these shift vids are a very small sample size but I've got the feeling he just thinks the game like a grinder. It's what I've seen from him before.

If anyone who watched his games so far can correct me, I'll be glad to hear it. Like if anyone's seen him have more creative puck possessions, using his nifty hands or his good passing. If he could be a Tatar like trigger man that would be great. I'd have to think that's his ABSOLUTE ceiling
I agree he plays like a grinder. But if he can grind and score that’s a rare player. To me I see Zach Hyman.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
has nothing to do with language.
"We seem to have a cottage industry for destroying offensive minded players, or making their life so miserable that they leave."
You can stop there, now it makes more sense.
Lmao! What about the language mandate for coaches regardless of their ability? Keep going! I love this!

CheldishGamibno

Turtles & Refrigerators
Aug 19, 2006
Mute City
Lmao! What about the language mandate for coaches regardless of their ability? Keep going! I love this!
I was answering your post about the bad development of players that has nothing to do with language. They are just bad at it no matter the nationality.

The language mandate for coaches though, I don't agree with that, it's outdated. As long as the Habs are stuck with that mandate, they will keep hiring mediocre coaches but anyways, back to Ylonen.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
I was answering your post about the bad development of players that has nothing to do with language. They are just bad at it no matter the nationality.

The language mandate for coaches though, I don't agree with that, it's outdated. As long as the Habs are stuck with that mandate, they will keep hiring mediocre coaches but anyways, back to Ylonen.
So hiring coaches based on the language they speak, regardless of ability or accomplishments, has no bearing on player development? Hmmm...we are still figuring out what the hell to do with Drouin as Sergachev will more than likely go home with the cup, as a 22 year old key player in Tampa’s lineup. Maybe we should try Drouin as a 1st line center again? This time? Longer than one season LMFAO!

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
wow that second goal really looked way to easy for him

for sure but keep in mind it was a preseason game. In 2 preseason games he has 4 goals, last year in 53 games he had 12 so we will see if he can carry that over to the regular season as it starts tomorrow at 11:30 AM!

I've been posting some clips in the prospect thread that sticked for regular season games, so as long as I can get to see the game I will post some vids most likely.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
Opening game of the season today for Jesse Ylonen and the Pelicans against Vaasan Sport. Puck drop at 11:30am

Hopefully he can continue his play from the preseason.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Some of our grade B's like Ylonen, Norlinder, Brook, Poehling, Struble, Harris, Olofsson can bust out this next season and some of our fan base will still be in denial and want Timmins fired.

Looking forward to watching the movement in our group (up/down) over the next year. Exciting times! Ylonen seems to be on the cusp of taking a step forward. We will see

Reactions: 26Mats and dralaf

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Ylonen with a interference penalty in the 1st period. Pelicans up 1-0. Pelicans - Vaasan Sport

Ylonen is playing with these guys on the 2nd line...

Cerveny (C)
- Age 31
- 6'-0", 187 lbs

Kangasniemi (LW)
- Age 25
- 5'-7", 154 lbs

Last edited:

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Ylonen with 2 interference penalties now.... one in the 1st and one in the 2nd. Think the Pelicans scored shorthanded on Ylonen's penalty in the 2nd.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Some of our grade B's like Ylonen, Norlinder, Brook, Poehling, Struble, Harris, Olofsson can bust out this next season and some of our fan base will still be in denial and want Timmins fired.

Looking forward to watching the movement in our group (up/down) over the next year. Exciting times! Ylonen seems to be on the cusp of taking a step forward. We will see

Yeah. A lot of people already have Ylonen as an A prospect.

I have to wait to see him in Lavsl or training camp to make projections myself.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
The stats says last season of 52 games he had 12g 10a 22pts and minus 20.
I don't think he's a goon with his 6' 167 lbs. Maybe his weight have to be updated on hockeydb. I will watch him next season in Laval because he is projected to become a good player and I read lot of positive comments over here. Weal see ...

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
The stats says last season of 52 games he had 12g 10a 22pts and minus 20.
I don't think he's a goon with his 6' 167 lbs. Maybe his weight have to be updated on hockeydb. I will watch him next season in Laval because he is projected to become a good player and I read lot of positive comments over here. Weal see ...

Bottom-6 guy, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad