Prospect Info: Jesse Ylönen - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Well his 2 goals are scored in the Ovy spot on the PP, the same positioning as Caufield. They will battle for that spot on the Habs in couple of years.

I would think Caufield is first wave and Ylonen would be the second wave.

Now the question is, do you split Suzuki and Kotkaniemi on the PP, too? Because if Suzuki is on the right half-wall setting up Caufield, you'd think Kotkaniemi would be one the right half-wall on the next wave setting up Ylonen?

Or do you put KK with Suzuki and Caufield on the first wave regardless?

Reactions: Maitz and dralaf

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

Now the question is, do you split Suzuki and Kotkaniemi on the PP, too? Because if Suzuki is on the right half-wall setting up Caufield, you'd think Kotkaniemi would be one the right half-wall on the next wave setting up Ylonen?

Suzuki at the point, KK on right half wall, Caufield left. Holloway/Reichel in the bumper spot with Norlinder at opposite point.

Maitz

Aug 3, 2006
Montreal

Im a person who believed your first wave have to be lethal and stay on the ice for 1:20-1:30 min. I would think Caufield-KK-Ylonen Weber-Suzuki could be pretty good.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

VirginiaMtlExpat

Second most interesting man in the world.
Aug 20, 2003
Norfolk, VA
www.odu.edu
Meanwhile, I find it encouraging that Ikonen is inching back to a promising forward. There is still time for him to rekindle his pro career. We need the influx of talent at his position.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Skip Bayless

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Why are so many of you getting sidetracked into a Drouin vs Lehkonen discussion? :skeptic:
You must just love to argue. Pure Mark Twain ("Never argue with a fool...").

Meanwhile, I find it encouraging that Ikonen is inching back to a promising forward. There is still time for him to rekindle his pro career. We need the influx of talent at his position.

what makes you say Ikonen is inching back to a promising forward?

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
This kid can do it all on the PP, can gain the zone with ease carrying the puck, can pass, can snipe, he is so fluid and dynamic out there... At even strength, he needs a bit of work in his zone zone but nothing major here, Bouchard will have a fun time to teach this kid...

Im epecting Ylonen to be a force for Laval offensively and eventually get a regular spot on the Habs, possibly in the 2nd part of the next season..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad