Value of: Jesse Puljujarvi to the Jets

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
There are only a few Jets I would trade Pulju for ..Petan certainly isn't one.

Lowry averages more PPG and plays a more valuable position while being one of the best defensively inclined forwards in the league(I don’t think I can name 5 other Forwards who are as good defensively as Lowry is). That being said Puljujarvi still has high end(as in potential to be a Nylander or Ehlers level talent) potential but that’s a major gamble.

If you consider a few(in definition as “a small portion of”) to be 10ish(Laine, Scheifele, Wheeler, Connor, Ehlers, Morrissey, Trouba, Byfuglien, Hellebuyck, Lowry and maybe Tanev or Roslovic) than sure...

Anyways I tend to agree Petan is no where near Pulju value wise but he might be a good throw in considering he looked really good beside McDavid and had great chemistry at the U20s years ago.

As for value wise I’d be inclined to believe

—————-
Roslovic for Puljujarvi + 3rd Round Pick

/

Petan + Myers for Puljujarvi

/

Vesalainen for Puljujarvi straight up

Niten Ichi Ryu

Jul 1, 2018
It would be absolutely moronic to trade Puljujarvi right now. His trade stock is at an all time low, but he's 20 years old with an enormous amount of potential. He currently playing on a line with Lucic and Strome, who has zero points in 12 games so far, but Jesse still had moments and glimpses of his speed and creative abilities. If they want to trade Jesse, they should stick him on a line with McDavid for 30 games and then it would fetch a heck of alot more than Petan and Comrie.

Plus Winnipeg would drool at the prospect of reuniting Laine with Puljujarvi, Edmonton would have the leverage in this deal. But they would absolutely regret it in the years to come. Late bloomers happen to so many great players. Joe Thornton, Pavel Datsyuk, Martin St.Louis, Blake Wheeler, etc.

People want to compare him to Yakupov, but they are both very different characters. Nail was a little brat that never listened to the coaches. Jesse is an open book and willing to learn and become molded, it's just going to take more time to develop the kid

Last edited:
Reactions: KarmaPolice

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
Talking about accomplishments for a 20yo. I guess I would offer you a 5th for Sami Niku.
That's just silliness.
Puljujarvi still holds a lot of value and will continue to do so for another year or 2. If Oilers trade him they would be looking for a return like Drouin trade.

Niku has proven him self in the AHL after winning the Eddy Shore Award in his rookie season and had a very good outing in the FEL as well(not to mention the fact he has more PPG than Puljujarvi in the NHL:naughty: ). Bad comparison,

Reactions: Flyerfan52

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Lowry averages more PPG and plays a more valuable position while being one of the best defensively inclined forwards in the league(I don’t think I can name 5 other Forwards who are as good defensively as Lowry is). That being said Puljujarvi still has high end(as in potential to be a Nylander or Ehlers level talent) potential but that’s a major gamble.

If you consider a few(in definition as “a small portion of”) to be 10ish(Laine, Scheifele, Wheeler, Connor, Ehlers, Morrissey, Trouba, Byfuglien, Hellebuyck, Lowry and maybe Tanev or Roslovic) than sure...

Anyways I tend to agree Petan is no where near Pulju value wise but he might be a good throw in considering he looked really good beside McDavid and had great chemistry at the U20s years ago.

As for value wise I’d be inclined to believe

—————-
Roslovic for Puljujarvi + 3rd Round Pick

/

Petan + Myers for Puljujarvi

/

Vesalainen for Puljujarvi straight up

I would consider trade 1.

Trade 2 is a hard no. Rentals have no value for us we don’t have the cap space to extend Myers, and this would end up being Petan + mediocre rental return for Puljujarvi - call it Petan and a late 1st. Gross.

I don’t see the point in trade 3.

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
There is no way I am ever trading Lowry for a guy that may find himself.

You don't know how much you need an Adam Lowry until you're playing the Ducks and Getzlaf and Kesler are plowing through guys left right and center. You need someone that can shut those guys down while matching the physicality.

Reactions: Flyerfan52

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
There is no way I am ever trading Lowry for a guy that may find himself.

You don't know how much you need an Adam Lowry until you're playing the Ducks and Getzlaf and Kesler are plowing through guys left right and center. You need someone that can shut those guys down while matching the physicality.

I’m not even really sure why we’d target Lowry when you clearly need him. He’s a good bottom sixer but he have a billion bottom sixers and six or seven guys that can play C.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad