Value of: Jesse Puljujarvi to the Jets

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
My thought is he'll go to the east if anywhere.

Chiarelli has shown a propensity to make the bigger deals with teams in the opposite conference.

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
Edmonton would want waaaaay more than Petan and Comrie. Comrie looks like he's trending downwards and Petan is not good enough to crack the top 9 here. I doubt Edmonton would see him very highly valued as talented as his passing skills are and as much as I think he just needs a good shot.

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
1 yr too late. Puljujarvi is already a known bust now.

Petan and 5th

For puljujarvi

Same story with Yakupov. He wasnt traded until it was already obvious that he was a bust.

He returned a no name prospect(zach pochiro) and a conditional 3rd.

Reactions: YP44 and All Might

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
No chance Jets trade Lowry who is elite defensively.
Aim for a Kassian then if Petan is the trade chip.
Oilers can hang onto him for 2 more years and if he is still failing they can net a return like Petan+Comrie.
IMO he will get a couple more NHL games and then will get sent down to AHL to develop when Rattie returns.

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
Lowry would be the ask.

If Pulju is a bust then Petan 'busted' 3 yrs ago.
Lowry is pretty great defensively. I don't think you have a clue how valuable he is.

The Jets really have no need for another scoring winger so this thread makes no sense. Unless they're giving up Lemieux, I don't see the point.

ConnorMcNugesaitl

Sep 23, 2012
It's about what Chiarelli would take for him.

Have you seen any indication they're looking to trade him for whatever they can get? I ask because I'm an oilers fan and haven't heard any such rumours.

Chiarelli is incompetent as f*** no one should argue otherwise but that doesn't make your premise for a trade any less horrible.

For a player there's no indication the team is shopping you offer a borderline waiver bait forward and a goaltender the Oilers have no need for. It doesn't matter if you think Chiarelli is the best or worst GM in the league either way it's a horrible proposal that even the worst GM wouldn't accept.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Aim for a Kassian then if Petan is the trade chip.

We’re offering what we feel Pool Party is worth...a bottom six forward prospect and a good goalie prospect. I get you guys invested heavily in Pool Party with a high draft pick....but that eventually means nothing to anyone similar to Yak. I’m not advocating Oilers give up on him yet, but at the same time no team is giving up great value for a guy who has been fairly disappointing to-date. He likely should go back to the AHL for a year to gain confidence. Cheers

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
We’re offering what we feel Pool Party is worth...a bottom six forward prospect and a good goalie prospect. I get you guys invested heavily in Pool Party with a high draft pick....but that eventually means nothing to anyone similar to Yak. I’m not advocating Oilers give up on him yet, but at the same time no team is giving up great value for a guy who has been fairly disappointing to-date. He likely should go back to the AHL for a year to gain confidence. Cheers

You’re offering nothing of even middling value, and you know it, and now comes 5 pages of bashing Puljujarvi and half-assed defences of a terrible offer that the Oilers would be out of their minds to accept.

Comrie is a mediocre prospect. Petan is a mediocre prospect. Despite what you’d prefer to believe, Puljujarvi has a lot of value still.

Consider ‘would Colorado take this offer for Jost?’ If the answer is incredulous laughter, reconsider.

Reactions: ColoradoCanes

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
And I am responding with what I feel is the minimum Oilers fan would want in return.
Vesalainen must be close to being declared a bust too since he is only one year younger than Pulju.
Puljujarvi still holds more value than Vesalaimen and would not be going for leftovers.
Yak was traded at age 22 or 23.. Pulju is not even a comparable yet.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
There are only a few players on the Oilers roster I would consider trading Lowry for. Puljarivi is not one of them.

Agreed, no chance we give up Lowry for Pool Party. Lowry drives our 3rd line and dominate defensively and chipping in offensively.

Reactions: Snowman

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
You’re offering nothing of even middling value, and you know it, and now comes 5 pages of bashing Puljujarvi and half-assed defences of a terrible offer that the Oilers would be out of their minds to accept.

Comrie is such a good goalie prospect in fact that you had to sign an Oiler cast-off to play backup.

We’re offering value roughly equal to what we’re getting......no one cares outside of Edmonton his draft position it’s all about results

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
We’re offering value roughly equal to what we’re getting......no one cares outside of Edmonton his draft position it’s all about results

He is 20 years old.

For Petan’s results at the NHL level, I’d offer a fourth round pick. For Comrie’s I’d shoot you a 7th if we didn’t have a better goalie prospect in the AHL already and another good one coming in Rodrigue.

Only in Jets land is Petan and Comrie anywhere close to Puljujarvi in value. You’re eying up the Ferrari on the lot with a couple scratches and offering a dented toaster oven and a rickety washing machine, straight up.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Jack Roslovic’s got two points in 12 games eh? Anyone thats not a PPG player by their 21st birthday is a bust, plain and simple. Oilers offer Shane Starrett and Josh Currie. Or are absurd lowball offers only allowed to go one way?

Reactions: zar and 780il

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Jack Roslovic’s got two points in 12 games eh? Anyone thats not a PPG player by their 21st birthday is a bust, plain and simple. Oilers offer Shane Starrett and Josh Currie. Or are absurd lowball offers only allowed to go one way?
Nvm..didn't read it closely

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad