Player Discussion Jesse Puljujarvi Part 11: Solid Return Season Completed, How Does Next Season Go For the Big Finn?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
Dishonest and dumb is refering to Kanes shooting % as his primary value while acting like the guy hasn't gained the zone all by himself several times a game. Or skating the puck out of trouble or taking on dmen to make a play

Meanwhile one would be hardpressed to recall JP taking 5 strides with the puck in the last 20 games, or taking on a defender or going around one with puck control.

Your bs sh% theory is nonsense

I'm not saying Kane doesn't do good things, but it's a simple fact he's on a SH% heater and he will regress just as night follows day and anyone paying him based on his current inflated numbers will regret it.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
Kane is the same age as Barrie, 10months older than Hyman and about a year older than Nuge all of which got long term deals with Oilers just now.
He also brings in a lot more than just scoring so his shooting % isn't a huge factor

It is an easy decision between Pulju and Kane if money is the same on a 3 -4 year deal. Puljujarvi isn't in that tier. Hopefully Holland finds a way to keep em both if Kane actually wants to stay and isn't expecting more than what Barrie is making in term and AAV

I agree, it's Puljujarvi all the way based on age alone. But yeah hopefully they can dump some bad deals like Kassian, Smith and Barrie and keep both plus Yamo.

Reactions: PulYou

dem

Mar 17, 2002
As skeptical as I was about the Kane Gongshow...

If you can sign Kane to a reasonable deal for a couple years (3?) You do it. You have to find a way to unload Kassian.

Oh.. and you definitely keep Jesse.

I dunno if theirs actually capspace to do that though.

Forgot About Drai

Dr Drai the Second
Jul 10, 2009
Edmonton
What’s with the running out of town narrative? Effect of the idiots being the loudest? Trying to get views?

Just like the analytic fanatics are very loud, so are the hard-line anti-analytics fanatics. I think they are the minority but they make a lot of noise in the anti JP discourse. Personally, I think thats a very small % of our fanbase and majority love and know Pulju worth to this team.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
He’s just trying to stick it to the anti-JP crowd here (he posts here) and on Twit-ter

Indeed I do.

See also:

Oilers record with Puljujarvi: 35-19-2
Oilers record without Puljujarvi: 5-6-3

I'm not saying he can't be better or improve some things, but he's certainly highly valuable now and people like DeBrusk and Spector trying to sell that he's somehow been struggling are just plain wrong.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Indeed I do.

See also:

Oilers record with Puljujarvi: 35-19-2
Oilers record without Puljujarvi: 5-6-3

I'm not saying he can't be better or improve some things, but he's certainly highly valuable now and people like DeBrusk and Spector trying to sell that he's somehow been struggling are just plain wrong.

Wouldn’t be the first time, and won’t be the last. Especially with Spector

Reactions: oilers'72

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton

200.gif

STFU Tychkowski

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad