Player Discussion Jesse Puljujarvi '18-19 Season Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Cam someone photoshop Tmac onto Laine in this?

Attachments

• X6lJNSE.jpg
    X6lJNSE.jpg
    182.7 KB · Views: 30

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Pulju must have spoken with bad grammar to McLellan this week. Down to the 4th line you go lad. One more affront to the English language and you're in the press box. And get rid of those sideburns!

PulYou

Feb 16, 2018

I do like the twitter meltdown of today. To me it does speaks volumes that although McLellan doesn't like Pulju, the Oilers' fans do.

And I do like when seeing how many on twitter (and ofcource here on hfboards) brought this up - McLellan's narrative how he wants to keep Pulju comfortable with Strome.

Belieber

The Nuge is huge
Jun 23, 2016
vancouver
Welcome to the 4th line kid, Sincerely Todd.

Looking forward to Caggiula getting his spot on the PP while Strome fires onetimers (if we gain possession on the PP).

Infuriating, absolutely infuriating to even think about Caggiula getting better opportunities than him.

I’ve never seen a fan base so united on a topic, everyone agrees he needs at chance.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Infuriating, absolutely infuriating to even think about Caggiula getting better opportunities than him.

I’ve never seen a fan base so united on a topic, everyone agrees he needs at chance.

Agreed, we've had Schremp, Omark, Paajarvi and Yakupov wars over the years. At this point it seems like 90%+ of us thinks that the kid is drawing the short end of the stick from the coach. I hope that the media finally starts to get on Todd for some of his bizarre decisions and player usage.

HockeyHistorian

Mar 17, 2015
I have never seen Jesse play hockey PO'd, but maybe tonight's the night - he is certainly getting the shaft. Playing with Khaira and Caggiula I would hope they try to play the puck to Pulju as much as possible. Perhaps we will even see one good breakout pass during the game where he actually gets the puck with speed. When he gets going he's not far behind McDavid in top speed, but they just don't utilize him correctly whatsoever. I sincerely hope that Pulju would just play his own game and forget about their idiotic strategies and just demand the puck.

StiffSquid

Nov 17, 2016
North Carolina
I was super excited when the oilers drafted Pulju , but now I'm starting to think it was the worst damn thing that could happen to him and his career. I really hope he gets traded , because it seems that oilers really love Todd

I truly hope that no Finnish high end prospect gets drafted by the oilers again. At least if Todd is still there.

Last edited:

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
I am legitimately curious as to why your management doesn't trade him. The coach obviously has little to no part for Pulju in future. Why keep ruining your valuable asset instead of turning it to profit. Jesse could still fetch something in return. Bury him in the 4th line for one more year and you'll get bag of pucks for him.

No offense to Oilers fans but this just seems like a very poor asset management and downright idiocy.

McCombo

Nov 16, 2013
This is getting ridiculous, the sooner Todd is canned the better! As a coach you should get most out of your players. He isn't getting anything out of our best winger (I count RNH as a center). I could stomach this if the team wins, but team loses and at the same time he is ruining our best forward prospect (if Pulju still counts as one).

My fear is some sort of deal with Carolina, like Pulju + Kassian for Faulk + cheap bottom6 winger.

Reactions: PulYou

HockeyHistorian

Mar 17, 2015
This is getting ridiculous, the sooner Todd is canned the better! As a coach you should get most out of your players. He isn't getting anything out of our best winger (I count RNH as a center). I could stomach this if the team wins, but team loses and at the same time he is ruining our best forward prospect (if Pulju still counts as one).

My fear is some sort of deal with Carolina, like Pulju + Kassian for Faulk + cheap bottom6 winger.
A trade to Carolina is probably something Pulju dreams of, mainly because of Aho.

Teräväinen - Aho - Pulju would be damn entertaining line to watch.

Hopefully things still turn to better with him and the Oilers (although there are no signs of that).

McCombo

Nov 16, 2013
A trade to Carolina is probably something Pulju dreams of, mainly because of Aho.

Teräväinen - Aho - Pulju would be damn entertaining line to watch.

Hopefully things still turn to better with him and the Oilers (although there are no signs of that).
Yea, it makes a lot of sense. But it would set this organization back by quite a bit (once again).

It would hurt to see Pulju do fairly well this year and complete explode next year next to Aho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad