Prospect Info: Jesperi Kotkaniemi

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
If you can get Trocheck at the same price as Staal, Then you go with Trocheck.
Again, you are ignoring the fact that I said J/K shows he is ready to take over that position. Besides Trocheck has shown he is a better score than Jordan is.
Im not ignoring anything. It is you that is ignoring:
Staal is capable of getting more than 30
Staal has a nmc
The doesn’t pay teams to take contracts
Trocheck has injury issues
Team didn’t doesn’t do late 20s long term extensions which is what will it require to get him at 6 (which probably wouldn’t happen anyways)

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
TY Dundon.
I hope KK works out for ya but this helped the Habs move on.
Could eventually be a win win if KK steps up with new scenery but there is work to do.

Reactions: Mestaruus

euro

Feb 13, 2013
From a few months ago…

you have to know, watch and understand the game to get the part about elite offensive potential…Some people have it and some don’t and it cannot be teach , you have it or you don’t ... you have a lot of guys that are big, heavy shot , skate like the wind, good hands but will never be able to put up elite offensive numbers because they just dont have the offensive elite IQ. I see KK in that category
ex : lars eller, radek Faksa, scott Laughton, Ilya Mikheyev, charlie Coyle, Nick Bjugstad
he might be better then a lot of those but a similar kind of player .... please forget the Kopitar , Barkov ect ect
No speed, keeps falling, can’t get shot on net, have problem making tape to tape pass, always late on the play, gets out of position to finish check. Does
Not make his linemate better.
0 goals 1 pts in his last 19 games.
As far as i am concerned, he does not pass the eyes test and his stats are awful, forget the name and only think about was he is showing us on the ice...
KK is a good player ,good hands good shot and good size But no offensive IQ. We have to stop blaming the scout, the coach or his linemate . back in the days at 17 he was looking like a potential big 2 way top 2 center in the making.
But let’s be real now, you guys are watching hockey ...you know it when you see a kid with high offensive potential... KK does not have that ! He will be a center like Lars Eller at best.

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
Centers over the next 3 years?
21-22 Aho / Tro/ Staal / Stepan
22-23 Aho / Kotkaniemi / Staal / Drury
23-24 Aho / Kotkaniemi / Drury / cheaper vet (or young guy)

Yeah most likely something like this, although I’m still not giving up hope on keeping Tro a bit longer, he just fits in so well here. But yeah he probably does just take the money and term another team would give him.

Also I can absolutely see Staal staying here for several years past his current deal. Whether that’s 3C over Drury or he’s fine taking a lesser role as 4C and PK guy.

mikeyfan

Dec 27, 2018
Im not ignoring anything. It is you that is ignoring:
Staal is capable of getting more than 30
Staal has a nmc
The doesn’t pay teams to take contracts
Trocheck has injury issues
Team didn’t doesn’t do late 20s long term extensions which is what will it require to get him at 6 (which probably wouldn’t happen anyways)
Yes he is capable of getting more than 30 points, but until last season, he was a 30 poing player and if he reverts back to that then what?
NMC does not mean a player cannot be traded, yes Jordan has to consent to a trade but it isn't an all inclusive no trade
if you are trading Staal at then the other team is taking his contract.
Yes Trocheck has had injuries, but we see what he can do with healthy. he is twice the scoring machine than Staal is. And if J/K can play Defense the way he is being touted and is a better offensive player than Staal, the signing Trocheck to a 3 or 4 year deal could be worth it.
OBTW some players, although not as many as I'd like to see, will put their chances of winning the cup over money anytime.

Thanks for your opinion, even though I disagree, you at least gave a decent response, and for that I say thanks.

Barkkonen

May 10, 2011
Yes he is capable of getting more than 30 points, but until last season, he was a 30 poing player and if he reverts back to that then what?
NMC does not mean a player cannot be traded, yes Jordan has to consent to a trade but it isn't an all inclusive no trade
if you are trading Staal at then the other team is taking his contract.
Yes Trocheck has had injuries, but we see what he can do with healthy. he is twice the scoring machine than Staal is. And if J/K can play Defense the way he is being touted and is a better offensive player than Staal, the signing Trocheck to a 3 or 4 year deal could be worth it.
OBTW some players, although not as many as I'd like to see, will put their chances of winning the cup over money anytime.

Thanks for your opinion, even though I disagree, you at least gave a decent response, and for that I say thanks.

IF Canes FO sees him as a player who will be valuable to this organization down the line you make this offersheet happen everytime. Clearly this is the case here. You can crunch and munch the dollars as much as you want, but if you want this player profile you just got, this is the only way to achieve it. So sit back and watch this saga unfold, Im happy that Carolina has a team and did this, brought much joy and wonderment to otherwise so dull off season.

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo

SakuKoivu11

Jun 29, 2017
Not a smart move. This kid is overpaid isn’t worth what they gave up to get him. Strongly disagree with this move.

the price to get KK had to be overpaid. That’s the point of offer sheet. 1st and 3rd round were good price to pay. The only thing that might come out bad is the first round pick ending up a top 10 pick. But with the roster you guys have I doubt that unless injuries or some random thing.

Ajhccwrs

Jun 17, 2017
Im a huge Habs Fan, and LOVED KK he has undeniable talent to become a 1st line C. (Potential) However Montreal really mismanaged this young man and never gave him a fighting chance. I'm glad he finally gets a chance to progress his career the way its supposed to! Take care of KK you got a steal IMO.

larueskee

Player/Member USA Hockey or affilates 1972-2006
Mar 15, 2017
Seattle, WA
The Canes first round pick might be as late as 30th even without Jesperi. Kotkaniemi is a young NHL player that is going to be in the line up this season. A 30th and a 90th pick or wherever those picks actually fall are gambles. Thumb through the drafts from 3 and 4 years ago and see how many of those picked are playing games. I think you will feel better about this today and in the future as well. Canes are set up very nicely and I think this kid will stick in the organization. On top of this is the fact that he will remain a restricted free agent after this one year deal. That means it is likely he stays in Carolina.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Germany
    Sweden vs Germany
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $325.00