Prospect Info: Jesperi Kotkaniemi

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
If this kid comes through and proves he should be playing Center, would the Canes even entertain, moving Jordon Staal, either at the trade deadline, or after the season, especially if he slides back to a 20 to low 30 point player this year?

It would put the "C" on Aho which he would carry 2 years before he becomes eligible to be an unrestricted FA
Yea, ain’t happening

mikeyfan

Dec 27, 2018
No, that’s dumb.
Why would it be dumb? We all know AHO will replace Staal as the next Captain, If Jordon slides back to a 20 to low 30 point center and we can get a better player with his trade why wouldn't you? No one is untouchable as we have seen in the past.

I asked a question would it be feasible, and your dumb remark shows you have no insight to what may be needed to take the team to the next level.

Jordon has this year and next year at 6 Million, If JK pans out as the Defensive Center with a better offensive upside than Jordon, I'd rather trade Jordon and use what is remaining of that 6 million on Trocheck or Necas than keep a long in the tooth player around, Just because he is "fan favorite".

mikeyfan

Dec 27, 2018
Yea, ain’t happening

if it makes the team better then why wouldn't you? Yea, ain't happening shows you can't think outside the box or ahead of what is in front of you.

As stated "IF" J/K Proves he is capable of the Center slot. That is a Big IF, But a possible IF too.

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
Why would it be dumb? We all know AHO will replace Staal as the next Captain, If Jordon slides back to a 20 to low 30 point center and we can get a better player with his trade why wouldn't you? No one is untouchable as we have seen in the past.

I asked a question would it be feasible, and your dumb remark shows you have no insight to what may be needed to take the team to the next level.

Jordon has this year and next year at 6 Million, If JK pans out as the Defensive Center with a better offensive upside than Jordon, I'd rather trade Jordon and use what is remaining of that 6 million on Trocheck or Necas than keep a long in the tooth player around, Just because he is "fan favorite".

You’re actually trying to rationalize it…wow.

First of all, he has a NMC, why would he waive?

Second, he’s the Captain and the coach loves him. They’d never trade him unless he asked for it.

Third, it’s dumb.

mikeyfan

Dec 27, 2018
You’re actually trying to rationalize it…wow.

First of all, he has a NMC, why would he waive?

Second, he’s the Captain and the coach loves him. They’d never trade him unless he asked for it.

Third, it’s dumb.
First you thought they would never trade Eric because he was the Captain, or Demote Rod when he was the Captain, or Trade Ronnie because he was the Captain.

Second Rod has been around long enough to know that trades happen and sometimes you give up someone you like for the betterment of the team

Third. it's Dumb to not think it could be feasible.

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
First you thought they would never trade Eric because he was the Captain, or Demote Rod when he was the Captain, or Trade Ronnie because he was the Captain.

Second Rod has been around long enough to know that trades happen and sometimes you give up someone you like for the betterment of the team

Eeesh.

Most of the ideas you post are not feasible. I’ll leave it at that. Anything else is getting exhausting.

Nikishin Go Boom

Jul 31, 2017

Aww you’re trying so hard. Anyone could easily see Eric was being traded after the 2nd to last season and then the final one. So that is wrong.

on top of that, Jordan plays out his final two years here. He is the captain of a successful team and still brings solid production/ energy. Unlike his brother at the end.

Reactions: WreckingCrew

mikeyfan

Dec 27, 2018
Most of your responses show little insight. At least I look at possibilities to improve the team, while you cling to your heros like they will be their forever. I've seen enough players trades in sports that you thought were untouchable to not acknowledge that that anything is feasible, if the team thinks it will benefit them either now, or down the road.

I like Jordon, but he is far far from irreplaceable,

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Congrats guys, you got a good one. He is a pretty great young player and have potential to become a pretty good player.

I'm happy with Dvorak, but i'm gonna miss Kotkaniemi.

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
Most of your responses show little insight. At least I look at possibilities to improve the team, while you cling to your heros like they will be their forever. I've seen enough players trades in sports that you thought were untouchable to not acknowledge that that anything is feasible, if the team thinks it will benefit them either now, or down the road.

I like Jordon, but he is far far from irreplaceable,

You can’t even spell “Jordan”, correctly.

Why do you think I’d waste insight on your ridiculous notions?

Here’s a hint - when pretty much the whole board craps on each and every one of your ideas, you might want to reconsider posting them.

Reactions: Svechhammer

mikeyfan

Dec 27, 2018
Aww you’re trying so hard. Anyone could easily see Eric was being traded after the 2nd to last season and then the final one. So that is wrong.

on top of that, Jordan plays out his final two years here. He is the captain of a successful team and still brings solid production/ energy. Unlike his brother at the end.
And if he falls back to where he was in 2018-19 and 2019-20 you don't think the Canes will consider a trade? No one is untouchable. And if Jordon didn't have a solid season last year, you and everyone else would be calling to trade him.

All I'm saying is if J/K is the real deal, we need to move someone to put him in his natural position, Then you have Drury, Suzuki and possibly Jarvis you may need to find room for.

mikeyfan

Dec 27, 2018
You can’t even spell “Jordan”, correctly.

Why do you think I’d waste insight on your ridiculous notions?

Here’s a hint - when pretty much the whole board craps on each and every one of your ideas, you might want to reconsider posting them.
Here is an idea, learn about sports and the heartache of losing a good player for the betterment of the team.

Nikishin Go Boom

Jul 31, 2017
And if he falls back to where he was in 2018-19 and 2019-20 you don't think the Canes will consider a trade? No one is untouchable. And if Jordon didn't have a solid season last year, you and everyone else would be calling to trade him.

All I'm saying is if J/K is the real deal, we need to move someone to put him in his natural position, Then you have Drury, Suzuki and possibly Jarvis you may need to find room for.
So in this thought where Jordan struggles, you believe the Canes will pay a team that Jordan chooses to take his contract? In the same thought knowing that the management team hasn’t paid anyone to take Gardiner either. Interesting.

mikeyfan

Dec 27, 2018
Centers over the next 3 years?
21-22 Aho / Tro/ Staal / Stepan
22-23 Aho / Kotkaniemi / Staal / Drury
23-24 Aho / Kotkaniemi / Drury / cheaper vet (or young guy)
So you'd keep Staal and his 30 points a year and his over his 33 plus years of age over a trocheck at 29 years of age and his 45 to 60 points a year.

Nikishin Go Boom

Jul 31, 2017
So you'd keep Staal and his 30 points a year and his over his 33 plus years of age over a trocheck at 29 years of age and his 45 to 60 points a year.
Instead of paying Tro until he is 33+, probably at a higher AAV, and with more injury concerns, yes. 1 year vs 5+.

I like how you downplayed Staal while giving a fair range for Trocheck. Your bias is showing

Reactions: WreckingCrew

mikeyfan

Dec 27, 2018
Sick burn.

I have no idea what I’ll ever do. Well, I guess I do. You were on ignore due to your idiotic posts on the main board from long ago, welcome back my friend, welcome back.
ooh you think that hurts my feelings?

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
I guess if I have to think outside the box to maybe get some weird shit right every five years or so but make horrible suggestions the rest of the time, I'll just stay in the box.

mikeyfan

Dec 27, 2018
Instead of paying Tro until he is 33+, probably at a higher AAV, and with more injury concerns, yes. 1 year vs 5+.

I like how you downplayed Staal while giving a fair range for Trocheck. Your bias is showing
If you can get Trocheck at the same price as Staal, Then you go with Trocheck.
Again, you are ignoring the fact that I said J/K shows he is ready to take over that position. Besides Trocheck has shown he is a better score than Jordan is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad