Injury Report: Jesperi Kotkaniemi (Part IX)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rafafouille

May 12, 2015
QC
He’s going to be an absolute beast of a player.. like scary good! Exciting times! Imagine him at 21.... Barkov 2.0

Barkov is a Selke candidate who almost put up 100 points this year. He's arguably the best player in the entire league. Barkov 2.0 would be Gretzky. I'd be fine with Barkov 0.75.

SakuKoivu11

Jun 29, 2017
Kotkaniemi while a Finn like Barkov doesn’t play like him. Just because someone is from the same country that has no baring on they’re still.

Jeremy Lin plays like Yao Ming cuz they are both from Chinese ancestry s makes no sense.

Kotkaniemi reminds me a lot of a young Bobby Smith.

Poehling reminds me a lot of Ryan Oreilly.

Reactions: atrud66

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
He needs to gain 15lbs and work a bit more on his skating technique. He can take a week or two off then train 5 months. No tournaments or any other BS.

Reactions: jaffy27 and Redux91

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
I wish he had been NCAA eligible. Fewer games, more practices and weight room time. One year at a good program would have served him well.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
He needs to gain 15lbs and work a bit more on his skating technique. He can take a week or two off then train 5 months. No tournaments or any other BS.
Listening to the advices of Rod and Chico is okay. But not just working on the chests and the arms. Legs are a part of it.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
I wish he had been NCAA eligible. Fewer games, more practices and weight room time. One year at a good program would have served him well.

Nevermind that he played pro, he hasn't even finished high school. He had two years left at the time of the draft.

Reactions: cphabs

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
KK: These Habsoes Ain’t Loyal (The CB's/LW's/Tyga's Remix Song)

wzHaFCF.jpg

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal

Said no one ever.

Fewer games and playing lesser competition is HARDLY a "better route"

You WANt players to get accustomed to a 82 game schedule...not a 40 game schedule...

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
Said no one ever.

Fewer games and playing lesser competition is HARDLY a "better route"

You WANt players to get accustomed to a 82 game schedule...not a 40 game schedule...

No one has ever advocated for NCAA as development? Ever?

Prove it.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
Kotkaniemi while a Finn like Barkov doesn’t play like him. Just because someone is from the same country that has no baring on they’re still.

Jeremy Lin plays like Yao Ming cuz they are both from Chinese ancestry s makes no sense.

Kotkaniemi reminds me a lot of a young Bobby Smith.

Poehling reminds me a lot of Ryan Oreilly.
Poehling reminds me of a young Kirk Muller, which is a very very good thing!

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
People are forgetting how adapting to NA ice was a big part of where Kotkaniemi needed to grow. All he needs to do now is develop his body and skating.

He needs to seriously learn how to hit the net, he misses a ton out there. Also people got to stop with the 'he's only 18 excuse' , he's in the NHL like it or not.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
After seeing Kk and Mete struggle at certain poi ts this year, i'm very open to having out waiver eligible players develop, and dominate, lower levels. Especially if we're able to land quality ufa's. That way, when the young guys are really pushing the envelope, we can trade from our depth of vets and acquire quality assets like extra 1st and 2nd round picks. The last two years respectively, Mete and Kk mainly made it because we were f_ _ _ ed without them.

As in, i would have no problem with mete, juulsen, poehling, and kk spending a year in laval because we signed Karlsson, Gardiner, Duchene or Hayes, and Panarin or Anders Lee or Nyqvist, etc...
What were you expecting exactly?

For them to dominate for 82 games?

Development isn't just about successes...challenges and learning to overcoming them, is also a part of development.

Kotkaniemi development was accelerated this year, he learned more then he could have ever learned at any lower level

How anyone can be disappointed or question how he was handled for this year is bizarre to me.

He knows EXACTLY what he needs to do this summer in order to be more consistent over 82 games next year.

That. Is. Good.

Reactions: Habs10Habs

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
He needs to seriously learn how to hit the net, he misses a ton out there. Also people got to stop with the 'he's only 18 excuse' , he's in the NHL like it or not.
If there was a dislike button, I think you'd be the all time leader

Dismissing the fact he is a raw 18 year old kid still learning and gaining experience , you know, because he's just an 18 yr old rookie, is the most asinine thing ive heard yet from you

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Brady Tkachuk did the same thing

Agreed honestly, i spent a lot of my time defending Tkachuk last year to the point it felt like i was almost convincing myself to want to draft him even tho I wanted kotkaniemi all the way.

The hate was so bad, I was merely trying to explain "settling" for Tkachuk if all the players we wanted were gone was hardly the END OF THE WORLD as some were vehemently making it seem like it would be.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
What were you expecting exactly?

For them to dominate for 82 games?

Development isn't just about successes...challenges and learning to overcoming them, is also a part of development.

Kotkaniemi development was accelerated this year, he learned more then he could have ever learned at any lower level

How anyone can be disappointed or question how he was handled for this year is bizarre to me.

He knows EXACTLY what he needs to do this summer in order to be more consistent over 82 games next year.

That. Is. Good.

I'm not at all disappointed in him at all.
I just have no problem with him developing in Laval, as I stated.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Agreed honestly, i spent a lot of my time defending Tkachuk last year to the point it felt like i was almost convincing myself to want to draft him even tho I wanted kotkaniemi all the way.

The hate was so bad, I was merely trying to explain "settling" for Tkachuk if all the players we wanted were gone was hardly the END OF THE WORLD as some were vehemently making it seem like it would be.
I experienced the same thing my friend. I still think we should have grabbed him.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
he will pretend to try, he laready has an excuse ready since his end of season PC (wives).

time to lower your standards a notch folks!

There are so many good UFA's. But the cap is going up, so there may be a lot of competition.

Personally I don't have my hopes up for a big name like Karlesson, Panarin, Duchene, or Anders Leee. But, I do hope for at least one solid top 9 winger

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I'm not at all disappointed in him at all.
I just have no problem with him developing in Laval, as I stated.
As in you would have preferred if he played in Laval this year?

Or you want him to develop further next year in Laval?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad