Player Discussion Jesper Boqvist

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
Probably already one of the best releases on the team.

Come in peace but if its his shot you are hoping for, dont. One of the worst shots on the team and doesnt use it enough if barely ever. When he does its weak, not much there.

Fantastic skater, good playmaking and good puck handling. Good forechecker too, speed helps. Not good enough defensively to play the PK, not a good enough faceoff guy to take them alot. I believe there is a player there somewhere, but we had no room for him.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Lot's of low end guys being brought in with the hopes they become something they haven't been for their entire careers. Not a real solid plan, IMO. Still have a roster missing top 6 talent, regardless if the bottom 6 is bloated with career 20 point guys. Again, hoping to hit on something that has never been shown is a questionable way to go.

You can’t make a “solid plan” with their cap situation.

Not sure why we’re still talking about what we wish we could do. Given the fact that I at least think they’re trying to ice an NHL team, the options really aren’t more than what they’ve been doing.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Come in peace but if its his shot you are hoping for, dont. One of the worst shots on the team and doesnt use it enough if barely ever. When he does its weak, not much there.

Fantastic skater, good playmaking and good puck handling. Good forechecker too, speed helps. Not good enough defensively to play the PK, not a good enough faceoff guy to take them alot. I believe there is a player there somewhere, but we had no room for him.
Notice ole friend Vaakanain -1 on that play. So I guess Boqvist is not a Zacha.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
You can’t make a “solid plan” with their cap situation.

Not sure why we’re still talking about what we wish we could do. Given the fact that I at least think they’re trying to ice an NHL team, the options really aren’t more than what they’ve been doing.
Totally get that but as sweeeny and company are the reason for their own cap issues, I do not accept their excuses for why they did what they did. Sweeney created this mess. Either figure out how to fix it or f*** off. Using your own f*** ups as an excuse? Hard pass.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

I'm guessing you haven't seen the Bruins forwards shoot have yah? His worst shot is one of the better ones here.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
I can't help but wonder why the Devils wouldn't keep him at this price if he's any good.
He got pushed down the depth chart last season and doesn't belong on the fourth line.

Numbers game.

Right now he's... He's an unknown. A roll of the dice that the Devils didn't want to take as they look to improve on last season. And one the Bruins kind of need to take with a bunch of spots open, no surefire guys to take those spots and no cap space to do anything different.

DiggityDog

2 Minutes for Ruffing
Nov 2, 2019
This is the type of signing that they should be making in their position.

If he works out it’s great and you’ve added another young player with upside to your forward group.

If he doesn’t he is gone with the stroke of a pen.

Low risk signing with some decent upside.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
He got pushed down the depth chart last season and doesn't belong on the fourth line.

Numbers game.

Right now he's... He's an unknown. A roll of the dice that the Devils didn't want to take as they look to improve on last season. And one the Bruins kind of need to take with a bunch of spots open, no surefire guys to take those spots and no cap space to do anything different.

Yeah, fine by me. But sounds like a 4th liner at best and not really someone we should be that excited about.

Hopefully he can be much more than that, though. Would be fantastic.

Reactions: Gordoff

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
They’re taking the same approach to the bottom of the roster as good baseball teams take to building their bullpen

Throw a bunch of shit at the wall and see what sticks! If you throw enough of it some is bound to!

I actually kinda like it. A few of these guys will probably provide surplus value relative to their deals. They won’t all hit but they don’t need them all to hit

BergyWho37

Only The Strong Will Survive (Never Give Up)
Jun 18, 2012
True North
Yup Danton Heinen
Danton a speedster ? guess my tv was on slow mo

they’re kinda the opposite one is lighter and high octane that’s not good along the boards or defensively enough to trust on PK yet..

the other is slow good along the boards and drifts into shooting spots uses body to his advantage and can be trusted on PK cause of his positional play.

Reactions: Gordoff

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad