Player Discussion Jesper Boqvist

CellyHard

May 27, 2012
Massachusetts
The bruins have had so many great 4th liners over the years but I don’t think I can recall any of them being as talented as Boqvist.

He could easily get 30+ points while being responsible defensively.

Him and Brazeau compliment each other really well and with Beecher on draws…they could be a serious X factor in the playoffs

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
nice to see BO getting a bump to that 3rd line. wild to see him go from absolute JAG to really solid player in a few months.
his GWG saturday was a sick shot. the wheels, the IQ, the defensively responsible play...and he's still a young guy. could
turn into a pretty good middle 6 guy for the foreseeable future (even though we have a lot of those).

Kalus

Sep 27, 2003
Florida
nice to see BO getting a bump to that 3rd line. wild to see him go from absolute JAG to really solid player in a few months.
his GWG saturday was a sick shot. the wheels, the IQ, the defensively responsible play...and he's still a young guy. could
turn into a pretty good middle 6 guy for the foreseeable future (even though we have a lot of those).
The Swedish development system makes solid players.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I’m not sure how you can justify not spending all the available money when you’re trying to win the cup

Actually I'd argue spending spending all available money, especially in the offseason can be a hindrance to winning the cup. Don had absolutely no choice this year, but next year i hope they go into camp with 1.5 million or so in cap space available. Allows you to be able to manage the roster, bring up players to replace injured guys, and be able to build up some cap space for the trade deadline.

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
Actually I'd argue spending spending all available money, especially in the offseason can be a hindrance to winning the cup. Don had absolutely no choice this year, but next year i hope they go into camp with 1.5 million or so in cap space available. Allows you to be able to manage the roster, bring up players to replace injured guys, and be able to build up some cap space for the trade deadline.
Completely agree.

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
Can you show me teams that have won the cup that weren’t spending all the available cap?

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
Can you show me teams that have won the cup that weren’t spending all the available cap?
Teams that spend to the cap in tge off-season have no ability to improve at the deadline. It is absolutely important to retain a cushion when possible. This year it was not.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I'm starting to lean towards being in favor of the Bruins resigning him and giving him a chance at a regular spot in the bottom 6 next season.

I appreciate that for a speedy guy who's game isn't about contact first, he's willing to use the body to hit and make plays. Some of his hits had me thinking he's stronger than he looks.

If it comes down to it, I'd rather see Boqvist on the third line with Freddy and Geekie than JVR come playoff time.

Yeti34

Apr 13, 2013
Tampa
Teams that spend to the cap in tge off-season have no ability to improve at the deadline. It is absolutely important to retain a cushion when possible. This year it was not.
Yes let’s trade away Johnny Boychick at the beginning by of the season for cap space again. Cap space really played well in the playoffs that year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad