Olympics: Jerseys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
The Finnish jerseys actually look quite good on the ice, IMO.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
I have been positive about those jerseys from the beginning, thinking they look even better in action than I thought. :nod:

I didn't like them at first, but the more I look at them the better they look.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Hockey Canada is selling the white and black jerseys for $99 CAD today. Does anyone know how ordering from the US works as far as the conversion? I don't see a converter on their website but it should be 106.12 after shipping and everything. Sorry, I never bought internationally before.

Phil McKraken

Jul 13, 2010
Sweden
Canada revealed three jerseys like five months ago. Now the Olympics have started and Sweden still hasn't shown the blue jerseys (apart from indirectly far in the background in that one photo of all Sochi jerseys). What's so damn hard about taking one picture and uploading it to the internet??

Hockeycast

Aug 31, 2011
Finland
I've criticized the white Finnish jersey since day 1 but
after seeing a few minutes of today's USA-Finland (women)
I must say, that the Finnish jerseys look much better in-game.
From far away they aren't that bad and the numbers on the back are really good.

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
Ya, they are a lot of black, but they will only be used in the Preliminary games, so at least they will be wearing their traditional red/white colours when it matters!

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
That Finnish flag sweater looks amazing. Maybe it is my affinity for soccer shirts, but I think it looks great. Probably my favourite in the tournament.

Chairman Mallard

Mar 9, 2007
Santa Rosa
Have team Russia jersey showing up next week, how do nike jersey fit?

I had heard they run slightly smaller than the Reebok but I received my Canada jersey and overall it doesn't seem to fit any smaller than the Reebok. Might be slightly tighter through the shoulders in the upper chest and the arms are definitely not as wide as reebok.

The other major difference is they seem to be much longer in the torso. They are definitely longer than the Reebok jersey's.

Dr Awesome

Yak in the city
Sep 24, 2008
British Columbia
I had heard they run slightly smaller than the Reebok but I received my Canada jersey and overall it doesn't seem to fit any smaller than the Reebok. Might be slightly tighter through the shoulders in the upper chest and the arms are definitely not as wide as reebok.

The other major difference is they seem to be much longer in the torso. They are definitely longer than the Reebok jersey's.

Kinda seems like my KHL jersey then. Thanks for the info.

Astoria

#ILEquestrian
Sep 11, 2012
Seattle, WA
Yeah I was going to wait until after anyway. Don't want to get an injured player.

I heard it was about a 6 week turnaround. Is that true?

Not sure about the turnaround time after the Olympics. I've been emailing a man named Joshua (real nice and very helpful). Just go to the website and click the "CONTACT" link where you can send them an email, that's what I did and he got back with me in less than 24 hours.

Cynick

Know-Nothing
Dec 24, 2008
Toronto
Does anyone know how MSL's last name will be spelled on his jersey? Planning to purchase one, thanks.

1) ST-LOUIS
2) ST.LOUIS
3) ST. LOUIS

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006

Drij

Mar 5, 2007
I thought they were too black with the socks, pants and jersey.

I like the slim gold band along the top and bottom of the CANADA though.

this, way to black for me. And not having the strip go all the way around the back or on both arms is really ugly. The pants of socks could use some type of strip as well.

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
These Canadian jerseys are awful compared to the 2010 ones. Did they have to change or did they do it out of revenue necessity? I mean, I can't even remember the last time I went to Petro Can.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Which sites do you guys purchase the Team Canada Jerseys on? I see they have them on both Hockey Canada's site & NHL.com

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Which sites do you guys purchase the Team Canada Jerseys on? I see they have them on both Hockey Canada's site & NHL.com

HC had a sale yesterday on the White and Blacks.

They are $130 (USD) across the board though. Icejerseys may have a coupon code though. Not sure about shipping. Nike(US) has free shipping for members. It's easy and free to sign up.

MakeTheGoalsLarger

Dec 9, 2011
Antarctica
too bad canada can't use the 96 world cup logo in the olympics anymore.the practice jersey looks better:laugh:

image.jpg

IIHFjerseycollector

Feb 2, 2005
Sturgis SD
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad