Olympics: Jerseys

Status
Not open for further replies.

TonsofPuppies*

Mar 11, 2010
Toronto, ON
Canada's uniforms are just atrocious. They could have been salvageable had the socks been all red with one thick white stripe near the middle or upper segment (or even just all red), but they even managed to **** that up. :laugh:

Phil McKraken

Jul 13, 2010
Sweden
First ever appearance of our blue jerseys today, they look pretty cool actually. Don't know why the names are in white though.

468580645_10-693X520.jpg

468575343_10-693X520.jpg

651*

Canada's uniforms are just atrocious. They could have been salvageable had the socks been all red with one thick white stripe near the middle or upper segment (or even just all red), but they even managed to **** that up. :laugh:

They're pretty bad. Sweden's blues are possibly the best.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Hello All!

Just a heads up that I can confirm that Canadian Tire is selling the Official replica jerseys for $79.99 while supplies last. I went and verified and picked two up this morning. Apparently the sale is on until the 13th while supplies last.

IMO, this is the best option for a custom jersey; pick one up for $79.99 and then go to a custom jersey place and get the name and numbers put on for $90.00 or so. If you know a good place under $90.00 for a kit please let me know.

Cheers

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Love that Finland jersey. Might pick one up if Timonen goes.

Also dropped my Canada 3rd off today for customization. Went with Bergeron

You sir, rule.

I was the only Bergeron jersey I ever saw in the streets of Vancouver and around the village in 2010. Mine is now hanging in my classroom. I have purchased my jersey but need a customization company that is reasonably priced.

Canuck21t

Feb 4, 2004
Montreal, QC
^ Those German jerseys are nice.
Yeah, the German jerseys are really nice. I also like the Austrian jerseys a lot.

They're pretty bad. Sweden's blues are possibly the best.
Meh, I like the colour, but I find the Tre Kronor too big.

The socks really don't help. The jerseys are average, but add the socks and the whole thing looks bad.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Anyone that bought a jersey, how tall/big are you and what size jersey did you get?

I'm 6'2 - 185 and I find that X-Large looks really big on me, goes half way down my thighs, but the sleeves just fit. Large fits better on me, but the sleeves don't. What size jerseys did you guys buy and how does it fit?

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Hello All!

Just a heads up that I can confirm that Canadian Tire is selling the Official replica jerseys for $79.99 while supplies last. I went and verified and picked two up this morning. Apparently the sale is on until the 13th while supplies last.

IMO, this is the best option for a custom jersey; pick one up for $79.99 and then go to a custom jersey place and get the name and numbers put on for $90.00 or so. If you know a good place under $90.00 for a kit please let me know.

Cheers

I get the impression these sweaters may not be selling very well. I don't recall seeing many sales on the old unis, especially while the games were ongoing.

About a month ago I was speaking with a guy who runs a sports apparel shop in Guelph and he said they aren't selling too well.

turbovette

Jan 7, 2014
British Columbia
Hello All!

Cheers

I'm getting mine done at Pacific Coast Cresting for $65+tax.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
I think I'm the only one that LOVES Canada's Sochi uniforms. I didn't like the 2010 versions.

So you dont like 95% of uniforms that have ever existed?

Canada 2010 was basically the most traditional sweater a hockey team can wear.

zamo86*

I think the blues are nice. I want to get a Kopitar one. If only I knew where to get a legit Nike one.

I think they only graded the home version and not away (dont think it was out when they made the article).

Here is the away version in practice:
1618688_10152195244477525_694755783_n.jpg

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
Honestly... I really question what goes through the folks at Nike's heads when they come up with these jerseys. Are they really so against making money???

I understand the need to change things up every 4 years, but this year's crop is just awful. Plastic stick on laces & accents??? these things look more like soccer jerseys than they do hockey. When the best jerseys out there are Norway's and Sweden's, you know there's a problem.

Speaking totally in the context of Canada, it seems like Nike can't even remember their own mistakes. The Salt Lake Jerseys were incredible. They use 2006 as an opportunity to introduce something new and sell more jerseys, met with universal disgust. I believe it was less than a year later, that the Hockey Canada jerseys change to the Leaf knock-offs, which last 7 years (including Vancouver).

You'd think that they'd take a hint. Design something that looks like a hockey jersey, and it'll sell through 4 years and then some. Design something that looks like a soccer jersey, and it'll get thrown out after the olympics.

false bobo

Dec 6, 2011
huge fan of the canadian jersey this year. red one looks great and the white isn't bad either

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Having seen most of the jerseys in action, the two tone style on the Nike jerseys, like with the US, Germany, and Slovakia when they play, doesn't work. It doesn't look right. It doesn't look coherent, just as if they've been dunked in a big tub of paint before going out.

Russia's red jerseys are slightly better since the blue top is only on the front and not the back, but it's still poor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->