Olympics: Jerseys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
For those of you that live in Canada and are interested. I went to go purchase a Team Canada Jersey today, was going to purchase it on hockeycanada.com, but XL was sold out and I didn't want to buy XXL. I was advised they have them at Canadian Tire for $99. I went to Canadian Tire and it was on sale for $79.99, they only have the red jersey though (which is good, cause it was the one I wanted) and it ended up costing me around $90.50 after tax. So check Canadian Tire if you want the Red Jerseys..

Also, notes about the Jersey.. it kind of sucks because the arms are short, while the Jersey in itself is pretty long. I wanted to get a large because it fit better, but the arms were too small, so I had to go with XL which looks huge, especially if I wear it without a couple shirts or heavy clothing under. I guess I'll just have to wear heavy clothing under it.. guess I can only wear it outside...

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I took preventative measurements and when I ordered my Stastny USA and Timonen Finland jerseys I asked to have a loose C and A included with them in case one of them got a letter on their chest. I received the Stastny a long time ago and am still waiting for the Timonen. Now at the same time I ordered a Landeskog Sweden jersey and didn't think to ask for the same. I check today and see that he was named alternate captain. I emailed Icejerseys asking if they could help me out. They were very helpful and they're going to add the letters on and they'll be shipped tomorrow (so not even a delay to have it added). Can't wait to get them.

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
tumblr_mzyup9uDFY1r31inoo1_500.gif

tumblr_mzyup9uDFY1r31inoo2_500.gif

Past Considerations

May 13, 2007
Finland
Is Canada going to play any games in the black jersey?

I'm confused really why do they have the 3rd jersey in the first place, since no other team has. I guess it is at least ok with IOC since women have used it now :laugh:

Sloth Slothersons*

I'm confused really why do they have the 3rd jersey in the first place, since no other team has. I guess it is at least ok with IOC since women have used it now :laugh:

They're going to switch jerseys each period to confuse the opposition.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA

I think the black was generally designed to be an 'alternate' that contrasts well against some of the more creative designs like these Russian and Czech designs. And they will probably wear it against Austria just for the hell of it (i.e. eyeballs and jersey sales).

191570-0-600.jpg
191575-0-600.jpg

To be honest, getting a look at Canada's full uniform, I think it looks atrocious. There is no consistent theme between the socks and sweater, the black looks totally out of place with no black accents anywhere else, and I think the pants and socks look awful together. Its just a bunch of random blocks of colour, exacerbated by the asymmetrical arm stripe. Frankly I think the black will be our best looking uniform.

canada_finland.6.jpg

v-man

Apr 19, 2006
Toronto
www.ivories.ca
From what I've seen so far with the women's tournament, the Canadians by far have the worst of the bunch. The single arm band is simply distracting and pointless. The Finnish flag jersey, which received some of the harshest criticism, looks just fine in action. Switzerland is just "meh".

Pizza the Hutt

Game 6 Truther
Mar 22, 2012
To be honest, getting a look at Canada's full uniform, I think it looks atrocious. There is no consistent theme between the socks and sweater, the black looks totally out of place with no black accents anywhere else, and I think the pants and socks look awful together. Its just a bunch of random blocks of colour, exacerbated by the asymmetrical arm stripe. Frankly I think the black will be our best looking uniform.

canada_finland.6.jpg

I think the black will be best as well, but black is present throughout all our olympic gear. Red/white/black is present in every uniform I believe, as well as all/majority of the HBC products.

Bullwine85

Jan 3, 2013
Neenah, WI
I hate that stupid shield on the USA jersey. Also, the blue stars on the blue shoulders make no sense. Disgusting.

I actually like the shield, it's grown on me (also is a tribute to the 1932 US team), but the stars and the fake laces ruin it. If it weren't for those, it'd be a great jersey (especially the white one)

Astoria

#ILEquestrian
Sep 11, 2012
Seattle, WA
Finally received my Team USA jersey yesterday (actually had to leave work early to make darn friggin' sure I would be there when they delivered it). I have to admit that I wasn't a very big fan of the jersey's at first but they have grown on me... Although I could do without those fake laces (what the Hell, NIKE??).

I ordered a "Small", which fits well everywhere....except for the fact that it is incredibly long... I could basically throw some tights on and wear it as a dress! LOL!

;)

zamo86*

Slovenia with the ugliest jerseys according to ESPN. No surprise there :laugh:

651*

Slovenia with the ugliest jerseys according to ESPN. No surprise there :laugh:

How does their list look? Who did they rate as number one?

I bet they gave America number one. Got a link to their list?

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad