Jersey toss in Ottawa last night

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Jersey tossing should be reserved for years and years of incompetence. This is a joke. Give it 5 years of bottom five finishes at least.
I'd agree (although, I would never throw my jersey on the ice), but I think this is fueled just as much by Melnyk's statements about moving, recent indifference to the LeBretton deal (that came out of thin air), and just cheaping out (there were rumors they weren't paying for scouts trips).

It sucks for the players because it is partially there performance, and Melnyk is not going to answer questions about it.

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
Ottawa's trade history is simply atrocious. Aside from Turris for Rundblad, all their trades the past few years have had a negative outcome.

Then include low-balling God so he left for Detroit.

Ottawa has the worst organisation in the NHL, perhaps along with Montreal and Buffalo.

Reactions: Revan

Blue Line Turnover

Oct 26, 2006
Ottawa's trade history is simply atrocious. Aside from Turris for Rundblad, all their trades the past few years have had a negative outcome.

Then include low-balling God so he left for Detroit.

Ottawa has the worst organisation in the NHL, perhaps along with Montreal and Buffalo.

You can add Edmonton to that list. It's funny that it's comprised of teams with rich hockey histories, meanwhile, cities like Anaheim, Las Vegas, and Tampa Bay hit the lottery when it comes to competent management and coaching

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Duchene had been struggling horribly for the Avs for over two years previously. Dorion was the only GM that hadn't seen that. In one trade Sakic went to being fired to GM of the year.

I do believe if Duchene was on the right team with the right players, right management, right owners, right coaching, he'd be putting up a good amount of points.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Duchene had been struggling horribly for the Avs for over two years previously. Dorion was the only GM that hadn't seen that. In one trade Sakic went to being fired to GM of the year.

Duchene was doing well in Colorado this year before the trade. Seems moving him to Ottawa made him revert to 16-17 form. It doesn’t make any sense.

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
I do believe if Duchene was on the right team with the right players, right management, right owners, right coaching, he'd be putting up a good amount of points.

Guys that need very specific types of minutes/matchups, specific types of linemates, specific types of coaching styles, etc, are probably not the type of guys you want to build around.

ncm7772

Apr 10, 2016
Upstate NY
With how bad my experience was at Canadian Tire Center, I have a very negative opinion of Senators' fans. Seeing them act like this brings me a small bit of joy.

possesthepuck

Nov 23, 2013
Kenora Ontario
I think this is the effect of Karlsson discussions, obviously talks have leaked through to the locker room and the way the Sens are playing you would think its a forgone conclusion he is gone.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
This has to be weighing a ton on EK.

Just look at his numbers for this year. 25 pts in 32 games isn't horrible, but definitely below his recent years' results. That -20 doesn't look so hot either. Maybe he's had some backdoor discussions with the Sens' brass on his future with the team.

Team looks like it's in abandon-ship mode. What a colossal fall from grace for the Senators.

Analyst365

Oct 24, 2011
Victoria
You can add Edmonton to that list. It's funny that it's comprised of teams with rich hockey histories, meanwhile, cities like Anaheim, Las Vegas, and Tampa Bay hit the lottery when it comes to competent management and coaching

Teams in those cities are also ran by people from places with rich hockey histories.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Karlsson’s nightmarish 2017 ended with a December to forget. He was on ice for just six goals for and 19 against at 5-on-5 for the Senators in December. Minus 5 alone vs the Bruins in 2 games, not a good captain in my view. He will be gone eventually, seems he already checked out. They were way over hyped last year and Coach Boucher does not seem to have lasting power, maybe he rubs ppl the wrong way all the time. They need a new coach to change up the room's outlook.

General Zodd

May 6, 2013
Toronto
them
Ottawa has been really bad many times over the years. I think frustration over ownership was driving this more than simply their record.

The Real Reasons Why The Team Is Knee-Deep In Dog Shit:

• Team has gone south. The players (player morale) see the laughable Ottawa fan support as of late. The team didn't sellout in the playoffs and have seen huge drops in attendance this year
• The player's have cashed in their checks and are just riding out the year hoping for a trade to anywhere that's not Ottawa (again due to shitty fan support)
• The player's see how incompetent their GM really is. Dorion let Methot get away. Worst move in Ottawa history. Marc was Karlsson's backbone on the blueline. The team is not the same anymore. Also this idiotic move by Dorion to keep Phenuef on board has caused a lot of friction in the Ottawa room. Dion himself didn't do himself any favors in the rooms anyway.
• Their boring trap-style MO is enough to sure insomnia. Boucher may be a likeable guy but he is restricting his players and holding them back while boring fans across the league. It's time to go!
• Endless fan excuses. Oh the rink's too far. Boohoohoo! Deal with it. You think you're the only city in NA that has to commute to a game!! Sheesh
• Their Owner. The media and the tinklenuts up their have manufactured up this monster image of a crazy owner but he's hurt someone's feeling. Let this year be the year you grow a pair and man up men!

Last edited by a moderator:

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
You really feel bad for them, and the fact there's not a ton of light at the end of the tunnel.
A God-send would be Karlsson re-upping with them, but there's a chance that he simply moves on from Ottawa. If they lose him, it's tail-spin mode for the Sens.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad