Jersey toss in Ottawa last night

CuriousGeorge

Jun 8, 2007

I can kinda feel for their fans, but they went to the ECF last year, it took Leafs and Oiler fans about 8 years of garbage before someone tossed a jersey.

I think this is a little premature. Ottawa hasn't gone through the trials and tribulations of a team like my Oilers. But at least they join Edmonton, Calgary and Toronto as teams with fans that won't put up with ****.

This is an embarrassment to the entire NHL. I feel ashamed right now.

Slap

Sep 28, 2017
I hate the jersey toss. Feel bad for the sens and their fans this year but tossing a Jersey does nothing aside from insult the players. What good will that do? Hope they found a young fan to give it to.

I missed that, a Winnipeg jersey or an Ottawa one at the Winnipeg game?
It sends a message to the owners. A fan who tosses a jersey will not buy another one and won't be buying more tickets.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
There's no way Boucher will be back next season if they continue like this. It sucks to see I really liked Ottawa last year I was hoping they would make the final.

bring back the jets

Oct 30, 2010
Maybe the players should take it to heart, judging from Stone's comments.

If you were a struggling player on a team with major issues would you play harder for a group of people who support you or a group of people who hate you? Taking it to heart and being motivated by it are two different things. It sucks too because their are thousands of fans in that building who didn't throw their jersey and they are all being represented by that one idiot.

It sends a message to the owners. A fan who tosses a jersey will not buy another one and won't be buying more tickets.

The owners are well aware of how many Jerseys fans are buying and a Jersey tossed on the ice is irrelevant compared to the numbers in their books.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
If you were a struggling player on a team with major issues would you play harder for a group of people who support you or a group of people who hate you? Taking it to heart and being motivated by it are two different things. It sucks too because their are thousands of fans in that building who didn't throw their jersey and they are all being represented by that one idiot.

Nobody who had a jersey in the first place "hates" the team. There's extreme dissatisfaction that comes with paying good money for a bad product. I wouldn't throw my jersey because I'm cheap and it wouldn't really serve much purpose, but I get why somebody would want to show the players and the organization with something direct and tangible that their effort was garbage. It's not like they can sit Melnyk or Ryan down and have a nice productive discussion about it.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
the sens overachieved bigtime last playoffs. their goal and shot differential was atrocious. it was god mode goaltending and timely goals.

they did. but i think the biggest issue is that sens ownership and management's first priority is not winning a cup. it's financial issues first. running a team like that? the best you'll ever get is a Cinderella run. there really is no hope. what they got last year felt like a bit of hope which only makes it worse when you come crashing down.

pucky

Jan 11, 2011
I can kinda feel for their fans, but they went to the ECF last year, it took Leafs and Oiler fans about 8 years of garbage before someone tossed a jersey.

I think this is a little premature. Ottawa hasn't gone through the trials and tribulations of a team like my Oilers. But at least they join Edmonton, Calgary and Toronto as teams with fans that won't put up with ****.
The Leafs fans put up with anything. I guess part of it is they misread everything about the team. They're the most overrated team in the League but the fans are thinking they are Cup contenders.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
I won't speak for Oilers fans, as they can make their own arguments but..

Leaf fans before they tossed their jersey. Nearly 50 years without a cup, decades of mismanagement including a decade of ownership worse than Melynlk. 10 years without making the playoffs followed by terrible choices including signing Clarkson, Phaneuf, etc to long term deals.

Then the team did the salute gate where they gave up on the fans. The team didn't seam to try at all, including months of lackluster effort. This is after multiple years of collapses in a row.

IMO, a 1/4 of a losing season is not enough to justify jersey tosses. To me, this is just not called for considering the Sens have been a decent team for years and were good last year.

Bring Bak Damphousse

Fire Bergevin...into the Sun
May 27, 2002
Canada
I'd normally agree, but I'd want to toss my jersey at an owner like Melnyk.

Same here, Dislike the team and the fans but Melnyk is a grade A dbag. Nobody deserves that guy as an owner. As a hab fan I feel like its only a matter of time before we see a jersey thrown on the ice aswell Hope I’m wrong because its incredibly embarrassing for the rest of the fans.

McRpro

Cont. without supporting.
Aug 18, 2006
Clown World
Jersey tossing should be reserved for years and years of incompetence. This is a joke. Give it 5 years of bottom five finishes at least.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
The owner makes all the difference in this scenario.

Rich, whiny, delusional, cheap, blow hard, toddler.
Sounds like how the players are playing and how the coach is coaching, no one cares from what I seen.

GreatSaveEssensa

The Dark Side Of The Goon
Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba
Everyone relax....the fan most likly just bought the new Adidas jersey, and wanted to wear it, so they just decided to throw the Reebok one on the ice knowing it would get donated.

ChurchOfMatthews

Goldmember
Oct 13, 2016
Plevna
I do not appreciate a jersey toss at all. If you have consciously thought about doing that, you really should not spend a second watching the games, let alone going to the rink and doing that.

We're all different, get over it. If we all thought like you mediocracy would be the accepted norm.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad