Jersey toss in Ottawa last night

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Phase 4 HMV

I can kinda feel for their fans, but they went to the ECF last year, it took Leafs and Oiler fans about 8 years of garbage before someone tossed a jersey.

I think this is a little premature. Ottawa hasn't gone through the trials and tribulations of a team like my Oilers. But at least they join Edmonton, Calgary and Toronto as teams with fans that won't put up with shit.

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Phase 4 HMV
the sens overachieved bigtime last playoffs. their goal and shot differential was atrocious. it was god mode goaltending and timely goals.
Similar to when Varlamov carried the Avalanche and they garbaged it up the year after. No one tossed a jersey at an Avs game last year either, did they?

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Jersey throwing isn't something I can ever get into(it's like throwing money in the garbage) but I don't think that anyone can say there's a "wrong time" for fan frustration to boil over when faced with a bad season and terrible ownership. If Oilers fans could see into the future I bet they wouldn't have waited 8 years to start throwing them.

Reactions: Deku

robsenz

Apr 15, 2007
Embarrassing, but warranted to a degree. The thing with Ottawa is, they are playing like absolute garbage, and are just refusing to change or adjust the game style...if they are down by 3 goals, they play as if they are up by 3 goals...it is annoying to watch this year and they will continue to suck with the complacency.

Last edited:

Beville

#ForTheBoys
Mar 4, 2011
Engerlanddd!
7 wins from the last 25 games, dating back to 1 Nov. 1 goal away from the SCF and now 29th in the league. 3 5-0 losses in December alone. Heck, the last 3 games we’ve conceded 14 and scored 5 (1-5, 5-4, 0-5).

Kind of says it all with this team, when a fan is happy to throw a $170 jersey on the ice. The team is playing like ****, it’s not even competitive. We suck.

Clamshells

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 11, 2009

I can kinda feel for their fans, but they went to the ECF last year, it took Leafs and Oiler fans about 8 years of garbage before someone tossed a jersey.

I think this is a little premature. Ottawa hasn't gone through the trials and tribulations of a team like my Oilers. But at least they join Edmonton, Calgary and Toronto as teams with fans that won't put up with ****.

8 years is way too long to wait.

Since the Turris/Duchene trade, Sens have given up 5 or more goals 8 times in 23 games (3.52 GAA) have gone on a 7 game losing streak, 5 game losing streak, and a 4 game losing streak. 6 wins in 23 games, 15 points of 46 available (pace of 53 points over a season.) I think it's pretty clear that the trade destroyed the locker room morale, and with it, fan morale. Melnyk needs to get over his stupid and insanely inflated ego and accept investor money or just sell the team to someone who can afford to keep a Turris player while adding a Duchene player. Sens fans have put up with his penny pinching because the results never got too bad. He took it too far and at this point it feels unrecoverable. I'd throw my own jersey, but I stopped going to games.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Fans pay big money for tickets and team merchandise only to watch this disaster in motion. I'd say they are entirely entitled to this.
No one is entitled to tho things on the ice unless it's a hat trick.

What's next batteries and darts?

Be as pissed as you like, hell burn the Jersey for all I care.. but I don't care how much you paid for that seat don't throw jerseys or anything else on the damn ice.
Or be like T shirt guy in sunrise.

Reactions: Sniper99

General Disarray

Jul 21, 2016
Toronto
8 years is way too long to wait.

Since the Turris/Duchene trade, Sens have given up 5 or more goals 8 times in 23 games (3.52 GAA) have gone on a 7 game losing streak, 5 game losing streak, and a 4 game losing streak. 6 wins in 23 games, 15 points of 46 available (pace of 53 points over a season.) I think it's pretty clear that the trade destroyed the locker room morale, and with it, fan morale. Melnyk needs to get over his stupid and insanely inflated ego and accept investor money or just sell the team to someone who can afford to keep a Turris player while adding a Duchene player. Sens fans have put up with his penny pinching because the results never got too bad. He took it too far and at this point it feels unrecoverable. I'd throw my own jersey, but I stopped going to games.

I agree. People saying they haven't been as bad for as long as the Oilers etc are not really getting it. Those fans are fed up with the owner. It's only this season all his penny pinching has really shown up on the ice to this extent. But it has been going on for a while now despite the team being good some years thanks to good drafting/luck/cinderella runs

BigEezyE22

Continuing to not support HF.
Feb 2, 2007
Jersey
No one is entitled to tho things on the ice unless it's a hat trick.

What's next batteries and darts?

Be as pissed as you like, hell burn the Jersey for all I care.. but I don't care how much you paid for that seat don't throw jerseys or anything else on the damn ice.
Or be like T shirt guy in sunrise.
Darts and batteries?

Reactions: 278 others

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
The owner makes all the difference in this scenario.

Rich, whiny, delusional, cheap, blow hard, toddler.

Reactions: derriko

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Sens are far from being in bad position. They have a lot of nice pieces on the team and in the system.
They need a new owner.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad