Post-Game Talk: Jerks vs Caps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
I’ve seen nothing all season to believe we could win a 7 game series against Carolina or Columbus (Carolina lite). Teams with aggressive forecheck and good defenders will be our kryptonite.

peterthegreat12

Hopeless Caps fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jan 22, 2011
Washington DC
Ok, so signing Kovalchuk is becoming more appealing only because it seems we have little in the way of players who can play in the top six in Hershey or in terms of players in the bottom six.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
I’ve seen nothing all season to believe we could win a 7 game series against Carolina or Columbus (Carolina lite). Teams with aggressive forecheck and good defenders will be our kryptonite.

In all fairness, we have had an issue with playing lesser teams. They seems to get sleepy when not motivated by something. But I get your point, hard forechecking teams give us fits.

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
Before everyone goes full chicken little I want to remind everyone that we lead the league in points and we are very, very, very due to go on a losing streak.

We are soon to be 7-4 in our last 11 with all 4 loses coming to second round or third round playoff teams from last year.

We are missing our 1RW, 2D, likely have a very sick 4D, and an injured in some regard 1LW.

You may proceed with flipping your shit.

Reactions: Heath and Corby78

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Like contrast that Mrazek save on Vrana compared to Holtby’s night

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
Ok, so signing Kovalchuk is becoming more appealing only because it seems we have little in the way of players who can play in the top six in Hershey or in terms of players in the bottom six.
I literally have no idea who you would move out for Kovalchuk. He simply doesn't work in a bottom 6 role, and he's not good enough to bump any of our top 6.

Panik is the only argument and at that point you're literally swapping out an underproducing winger for a more drama filled under producing winger.

Kovalchuk fits way better on a team like Pitt.

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast

We beat Columbus yesterday and I believe swept the regular season series 4-0 against the Canes last season. We're on a back to back and guys are playing with the flu. And we don't have Kempny and - maybe most importantly - Wilson is out.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
This game would see Washington up 1 or 2 at this point if Holtby wasn’t atrocious. I will not miss the 6-8 games per season he plays where he sports a .750 save percentage or worse.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Looks at calendar day. Sees it's new years.

Hello midseason slump, our old friend

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
This game would see Washington up 1 or 2 at this point if Holtby wasn’t atrocious. I will not miss the 6-8 games per season he plays where he sports a .750 save percentage or worse.

Do you know how many teams would KILL for a goalie who plays 6-8 sub 750 games in an 82 game regular season?? Sorry but that's a ridiculous comment

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
Not going to lie, as fun as it is to run away with the league, it will probably be better for us, is the league catches up. Have the isles or pens challenge for the division, force us to play for something heading into the playoffs. Every time things are easy we start coasting around and get lethargic.

Reactions: Heath and tenken00

peterthegreat12

Hopeless Caps fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jan 22, 2011
Washington DC
I literally have no idea who you would move out for Kovalchuk. He simply doesn't work in a bottom 6 role, and he's not good enough to bump any of our top 6.

Panik is the only argument and at that point you're literally swapping out an underproducing winger for a more drama filled under producing winger.

Kovalchuk fits way better on a team like Pitt.
I only want him as an extra.

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
Good, hopefully there's a market for him at the TDL.

Jeez, do you really think they would trade him and go into the playoffs with Samsonov? That would be a huge call - I kind of like the idea of it happening but if it backfires the fallout would be unbearable around here

mad4comp

Jan 21, 2010
Jeez, do you really think they would trade him and go into the playoffs with Samsonov? That would be a huge call - I kind of like the idea of it happening but if it backfires the fallout would be unbearable around here

If GMBM were trying to build a contender, he would. We can't afford him and we need some better defensemen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad