Post-Game Talk: Jerks vs Caps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuznetsnow

Nov 26, 2019
Can't really trade Holtby without blowing up the room going into the playoffs. Make Samsonov 1A/Holtby 1B like Grubauer was in 2018. If Samsonov falters in the first round give it to Holtby and hope he has another great playoff run in him.

I'd trade Panik to get Chiasson back, thats about it. Not much to wring out of trading Jensen and they'd need a replacement there. Also see if we can get Lias Andersson for Lucas Johansen and potentially use him in the bottom 6 towards the playoffs.

DanTHEMan71

Feb 23, 2010
Ovechkin with the nice PPG but he's been way too sloppy with the puck this season. -4 this game so -11 on the season. Jensen was at -8 before this game where he went -2. So Ovi actually has the worst +/- on the team now. That's just unacceptable. He just seems to play stupid when the puck is on his stick.

My fave player but honestly he's been doing this shit all game and every game this season. He absolutely sucks as a puck-carrier this season. On the cycle or through the neutral zone, 9/10 times he loses us possession.

I've wanted to say this in many PGTs but held off hoping things would change. It hasn't.

Last edited:

peterthegreat12

Hopeless Caps fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jan 22, 2011
Washington DC
Not putting much into the results of that game. Missing a top four D, a top six winger, one of the D playing was sick, other players playing injured/sick, and....missing our starting goaltender :sarcasm:

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
I usually don’t line to criticize or give up on players early bc of this system - which is why I haven’t criticized Panik or Hagelin yet - but Jensen I think just isn’t going to work. He does nothing offensively and his defense lately has been awful too. As a mainly D guy - he is turning puck over, being bad in his own zone, etc. It has been awhile with him now and I just don’t see it. He has moved to by far the biggest liability/guy who costs the Caps.

With the top end talent the Caps have - they can beat anyone as long as depth guys don’t blow it/do things to lose games. Jensen had a dumb penalty resulting in a 5v3 which Canes scored - and had a awful turnover Canes scored too. That kind of stuff cost games.

Watching him carry the puck I just think his awareness sucks. The amount of times people steal it from him bc he’s just skating with the puck is crazy. You can’t coach much IQ at his stage..,

Reactions: Pomee

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
I realize the Caps can't win every game, however the goalie has to give us a chance. Additionally, the Caps are losing to teams this season that will potentially face them in the first round. We still have games with the Pens, Flyers yet to play. This week going to be a test against our real opponents (Metro Division). I have faith, but the PP needs some serious help. It's been broken for over a year.

kmart

Jan 23, 2008
I realize the Caps can't win every game, however the goalie has to give us a chance. Additionally, the Caps are losing to teams this season that will potentially face them in the first round. We still have games with the Pens, Flyers yet to play. This week going to be a test against our real opponents (Metro Division). I have faith, but the PP needs some serious help. It's been broken for over a year.

the canes hate the caps and for a few games now they play with playoff energy against us. losing against any teams stinks but it does not matter later if they are matched again in the post season. i actually dont mind getting canes in the ps.

the caps prejudged this team last year as a young inexperienced team and that was a mistake... letting it go to 7 games there was a slap in the face that brought them from their cup entitlement back to reality, it was to late and this was on the coach.

if a similar outcome repeats itself... the reirden era will be officially over and the "brain" behind the motivator barry trotz was trotz all along, i hold on on this opinion as a single year would be a bit short of a rope for any coach. but then again... why would u give the keys for an experienced cup team to a rookie hs ? this is a question for another thread though.

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium

The playoffs don't start next week, or even the next month.
Relax

Reactions: StrikingDistance

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
Ovechkin with the nice PPG but he's been way too sloppy with the puck this season. -4 this game so -11 on the season. Jensen was at -8 before this game where he went -2. So Ovi actually has the worst +/- on the team now. That's just unacceptable. He just seems to play stupid when the puck is on his stick.

My fave player but honestly he's been doing this **** all game and every game this season. He absolutely sucks as a puck-carrier this season. On the cycle or through the neutral zone, 9/10 times he loses us possession.

I've wanted to say this in many PGTs but held off hoping things would change. It hasn't.
Watch out. Some guys here are getting up in arms real quick when you mention Ovechkin and sucks in the same sentence no matter is that for a reason or not.

EYEuhFRAYtee

Smile
Apr 28, 2004
Ovie getting player of the game really grinds my gears. Two brutal turnovers that lead directly to goals and a -4 on the night does not a player of the game make. Give it to Dowd or Panik anyone else not named Jensen really.

Reactions: zappa4ever
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad