Post-Game Talk: Jerks vs Caps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lindemann

Apr 7, 2017
Didn’t Holtby just have a huge hot streak? He has had a couple of bad games. This board tends to overreact very easily

Yes it does happen

But having a 3-5 game cold streak can kick you out of the playoffs in the first round. You don’t have weeks to fix it

we need consistency. That’s what one us the cup

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
We had two penalties in first 10 minutes right after Reirdon said they need to be disciplined. 5 on 3 and then a goal basically bc of it and caps are down early on road.

7 or 9 games giving up first goal. Still leading the league in minor penalties.

I’m sick of hearing Reirdon say what they need to do - and start actually seeing players do it. What he says doesn’t matter - it’s how players react to what he’s trying to get across. If he keeps talking about how important being more disciplined is - but players aren’t responding to it - that’s a questionable trait for Reirdon.

remember - so far he took over a Cup winning team and is in year two without a playoff series win. This year is important for him - or next year he’s going to start off the year on the hot seat.

what were caps ranked in minor penalties Trotz’s last couple years? The top end players are basically the same. Is there a big difference discipline wise we are seeing?

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
Holtby's history is that he plays his best playing every other day. That he plays his worst after several days without playing

Holtby’s history is largely history. He’s been pretty bad for three years now.

Reactions: twabby

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Yes it does happen

But having a 3-5 game cold streak can kick you out of the playoffs in the first round. You don’t have weeks to fix it

we need consistency. That’s what one us the cup
Did you completely forget that Holtby was utter trash riding into the playoffs?

I don’t expect him to have a perfect season. He was solid for a very long stretch of play and had a stretch of bad games around the holiday break. I really don’t think it’s worth getting up in arms about.

Plus it’s a contract year for him, so he’s going to have to be dialed in down the stretch for someone to give him Bob like money

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Didn’t Holtby just have a huge hot streak? He has had a couple of bad games. This board tends to overreact very easily

I’m less concerned about the recent 2 game cold streak and more concerned that Holtby has been below average over the past ~2.5 years. Obviously he can get on a hot streak but so can pretty much every goalie in the league save for the very worst like Martin Jones.

Samsonov has been anointed the goalie of the future pretty much since he was drafted so at the very least he needs to be getting more games now (a 50/50 split ideally) so that they can actually make an informed decision about who will be the playoff starter.

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
Wtf, ppl. Holtby played great most of this season imo. I cant understand your position. He's still more qualified to win the cup this year.

Reactions: ovikovy817

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
Wtf, ppl. Holtby played great most of this season imo. I cant understand your position. He's still more qualified to win the cup this year.

It's fine to strongly prefer experience in playoffs, but "great"? Dude's not even in top-30 in save percentage. If the assertion is that he tends to be good ~80% of the time and then various shades of atrocious ~20% of the time -- well, that's pretty dubious consolation, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad