Post-Game Talk: Jerks vs Caps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
I feel like Kovalchuk is this years Shattenkirk. I'll wait till the TDL gets closer, I'm sure there will be more options to improve the roster. Besides, its been the lesser names that have helped the most.

Reactions: Calicaps

caps4cup

Dynasty
Dec 31, 2010
Good job Ovechkin. Why is he the one carrying the puck up? He is legitimately the last guy on the team that should be carrying the puck up besides Siegenthaler or Jensen.

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
I literally have no idea who you would move out for Kovalchuk. He simply doesn't work in a bottom 6 role, and he's not good enough to bump any of our top 6.

Panik is the only argument and at that point you're literally swapping out an underproducing winger for a more drama filled under producing winger.

Kovalchuk fits way better on a team like Pitt.

Hagelin doesn't fit on a third line role. theres one spot.

Maybe Kovy ain't the guy... but our third line is just awful.

AtNightWeFly

You better run.
Jun 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Pfftt. This game was over when Hotlby gave up 3 goals so suddenly and wasn't pulled.

Caps scoring rut continues so the goalie needs to be a lot better.

caps4cup

Dynasty
Dec 31, 2010
Holt by on the bench just in time for OV to take another minus
Nobody to blame but himself. Minus 4 tonight, minus 7 the last 3 games and minus 11 on the season, which is indicative of his play as he’s been coasting and handling the puck like a grenade. I will say he played a good game against Boston and wasn’t deserving of a minus 3.

Reactions: Pomee

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Do you know how many teams would KILL for a goalie who plays 6-8 sub 750 games in an 82 game regular season?? Sorry but that's a ridiculous comment

Holtby averages 60 games a year and the last two seasons he’s averaged 56 games played so roughly 10% of his starts are trash and give his team little chance to win. He’s statistically been one of the most average goaltenders in the league since 2016-17 and he cost the team the series vs Carolina last year. When he’s on he’s great but I won’t miss the inconsistency.

caps4cup

Dynasty
Dec 31, 2010
Realistically, the Capitals outplayed Carolina and Boston at even strength but Holtby was terrible, which is gonna happen sometimes and you just hope it doesn’t in the playoffs. They definitely need to play more disciplined but the team is obviously in a good spot and is nearly impossible to beat when they receive decent goaltending.

They probably deserved to win tonight (even with 5D a majority of the game, Wilson and Kempny out, and the flu bug going around) and at Boston, but not against Columbus. That’s just the way it goes sometimes.

Need to get healthy and cut down on the penalties. Holtby had been very good recently until his last two starts so you just have to hope it’s a blip in the radar. Hopefully he has a big 2020, plays wells in the playoffs and gets himself a big payday with another team in the offseason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->