Player Discussion Jeremy Swayman voted an All Star

Midship

Jan 7, 2016
I was on that list.

But unless you know what the Ullmark returns out there were, it's just griping to gripe.
Which I, of course, do not. But this is also the same FO from 2016 when everyone knew the team was going nowhere, and instead of trading Eriksson at the deadline the Bruins ADDED Lee Stempniak and John-Michael Liles, giving up FOUR draft picks in the process just to miss the f***ing playoffs. No idea what the return for Eriksson would have been in that case, but can say with complete confidence that the wrong moves were made. Same thing with the 23-24 goalie situation.

Reactions: EvilDead

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Which I, of course, do not. But this is also the same FO from 2016 when everyone knew the team was going nowhere, and instead of trading Eriksson at the deadline the Bruins ADDED Lee Stempniak and John-Michael Liles, giving up FOUR draft picks in the process just to miss the f***ing playoffs. No idea what the return for Eriksson would have been in that case, but can say with complete confidence that the wrong moves were made. Same thing with the 23-24 goalie situation.
Remember when a bunch of goalies were supposedly going to get traded last summer and almost none did because no one had cap room? I do.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut

That was a 3rd and 4th round pick in 2016, a 2nd and 5th round pick in 2017.

The only really significant player to draft after the 3rd round in 2016 or 2nd in 2017 was Jeremy Swayman.

No great loss there.

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
Screenshot_20240125-083723-669.png

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Not sure if it's been talked about in the salary cap/proposal thread already, but....Ty Anderson mentioned 8/56 as what's been thrown around for a contract extension.

How would we all feel about that?

• Love
Reactions: Skelen

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Not sure if it's been talked about in the salary cap/proposal thread already, but....Ty Anderson mentioned 8/56 as what's been thrown around for a contract extension.

How would we all feel about that?

I would feel real good about it. That will almost certainly mean the end of the Linus era, which sucks, because I love the guy, but Swayman is the future and I think we all knew this was likely to happen when it was clear Swayman was no flash in the pan. Set in goal for years, and hopeful about Bussi as a backup, then possibly Svedeback, Dyck et al. in the pipelines.

Reactions: Bodit9 and Skelen

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
Let's pretend Linus overtakes him here, gets MOST of the playoff starts. Let's pretend Sways numbers come down a bit from here.

What deal does he get then? Any change?

dangermike

Jan 24, 2022
Let's pretend Linus overtakes him here, gets MOST of the playoff starts. Let's pretend Sways numbers come down a bit from here.

If Linus supplants him again and has a good playoff- is a big piece in winning a couple rounds- I’d be willing to trade sway if he wants much more than 6. Ullmark plays nice with others and is a willing mentor

Reactions: Alan Ryan

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB

I would think Bruins try to use it as leverage the same way his agent would use him playing well as leverage like they been doing .

If Linus supplants him again and has a good playoff- is a big piece in winning a couple rounds- I’d be willing to trade sway if he wants much more than 6. Ullmark plays nice with others and is a willing mentor
Linus back to back bad playoffs has something to prove.I hope they start him.

Patdud

Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire

Swayman has more value and no trade protection. Ullmark looks healthy and focused and has been the better goalie since before the TDL. I mean they Bruins have something In Dyck most likely, Ullmark isn't That old and goalies are largely an anomaly.

Ullmark doesnt get you a 1C, does Swayman? No one should be untouchable for the right price.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Swayman has more value and no trade protection. Ullmark looks healthy and focused and has been the better goalie since before the TDL. I mean they Bruins have something In Dyck most likely, Ullmark isn't That old and goalies are largely an anomaly.

Ullmark doesnt get you a 1C, does Swayman? No one should be untouchable for the right price.
I like the idea of trading Swayman ($7 mil +) and keeping $5 mil Ullmark. Groom Bussi and or whomever for Ullmark replacement.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I like the idea of trading Swayman ($7 mil +) and keeping $5 mil Ullmark. Groom Bussi and or whomever for Ullmark replacement.

I would be okay with that too, but not until we see Ullmark play well in the playoffs. He had no experience there before coming here and hasn't been great in the two PO's he's been in with us. Granted last year he was injured and should have been shut down, but still, I would like to know if he has the bigger game yips or not before sending Sway out the door.

Reactions: BMC

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Its not terrible, but I only go there if he wants too much. Much like DeBrusk, I would love him to stay, but at a limited price portfolio.

Swayman is a hot ticket to other teams if last TDL is any indication and if he allows us to pry a young 1C from another team then I wont scoff at that.

I like Swayman, want him to be our Rask and retire a B. But there is a solid line where I go, nah. Not at that price.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
The last 5 or 6 weeks Linus has been better.

I don't want either of them overworked going into the playoffs, but it'd be nice to know if either can maintain a heater playing some back to back starts down the stretch.

Patdud

Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire
Its not terrible, but I only go there if he wants too much. Much like DeBrusk, I would love him to stay, but at a limited price portfolio.

Swayman is a hot ticket to other teams if last TDL is any indication and if he allows us to pry a young 1C from another team then I wont scoff at that.

I like Swayman, want him to be our Rask and retire a B. But there is a solid line where I go, nah. Not at that price.
A true 1C is miles more important and necessary to win a cup than a vezina goalie.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
It's amazing that GMs have to make 2-3-4-5-6-7 year decisions. This board has traded and untraded each of these goalies 3 times each, lol.

Now we're back to trade Sway. Tune in next month when he's untraded.
To be fair I also think Sweeney has tried to trade Ullmark 2-3 times. 2 times at least that we are 100% sure of.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad