Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
A0978152-5E3B-48C8-91EC-243596FFC8A5.jpeg

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009

>If any duo could pull off a playoff rotation, it’s Swayman and Ullmark. The two have formed an impeccable bond with one another both on and off the ice.

Swayman recently provided insight into how the two share quality time away from the rink. His dad Ken, got a firsthand look at their bond when Ullmark and his wife, Mona, invited father and son to their house for a few Swedish delicacies, including the homemade cinnamon rolls.

“My dad asks him how he’s doing every time I talk to him. It’s like a second son. It’s such a special relationship,” Swayman said. “To see it translate on the ice so well for both of us is really special. We’re finding a formula on how to do that every night.”

RoccoF14

Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Was playing around on Fan Duel today, looking at NHL playoff odds and something caught my eye.

Jeremy Swayman Conn Smythe odds are (EDIT: They just went up to) +8000.

I know Ullmark is the guy, but he's carrying a knock and we've got 2 months of intense hockey coming. I think this might be worth a buck or two as a longshot......

Last edited:

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011

Dom put this out there today. Listed some comparables as well.

Curious as to what people expect because that number gives me a jump scare tbh. Really hoping for a short term prove it deal

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario

Curious as to what people expect because that number gives me a jump scare tbh. Really hoping for a short term prove it deal

Hope this doesn’t pan out Bruins can’t afford to spend almost 10 million on goalies.

Reactions: PlayMakers

UncleRico

May 8, 2017

Sounds about right to me maybe a little more than expected, but it’s going to be interesting to see what happens in this situation. It’s probably the biggest offseason story outside of the bergy/krejci retirements

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005

That list is horrendous.

A 5'6 fringe NHL/AHL Trey Fix Wolansky is projected to be over 2m when he's unlikely to make the team.
They have Juuso Valimaki as a free agent getting over 3m... when he already signed a 1m extension during the season.

Can't take anything seriously.

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
Evolving Hockey has Swayman at $4.1 for 3 years. Both projections seem high to me, but if that's how it pans out there going to have even less money to spend.
It's high if it is 3 years, as that third year will end in UFA. What's the incentive to give him the high side of market rate and the most favorable term?

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Oettinger after signing his contract last offseason (4M per) became an obvious comp for Swayman's next deal. The 2022-23 season proved that out as it ended with both goalies having very comparable stats. A key difference is that Oettinger started 61 games while Swayman only started 33. Swayman's starts for much of the season were also somewhat sheltered. Not Swayman's fault, but has to be factored in.

Somewhere between $3.75-4.25 is where I've had Swayman pegged, assuming it's a 3-year deal. That's adjusted for inflation with consideration of the potential rises in the cap over the next several years. $4.5 seems high. $4.1 seems ballpark. $4M x 3 would be a pretty good deal for both parties.

Reactions: CellyHard

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Oettinger after signing his contract last offseason (4M per) became an obvious comp for Swayman's next deal. The 2022-23 season proved that out as it ended with both goalies having very comparable stats. A key difference is that Oettinger started 61 games while Swayman only started 33. Swayman's starts for much of the season were also somewhat sheltered. Not Swayman's fault, but has to be factored in.

Somewhere between $3.75-4.25 is where I've had Swayman pegged, assuming it's a 3-year deal. That's adjusted for inflation with consideration of the potential rises in the cap over the next several years. $4.5 seems high. $4.1 seems ballpark. $4M x 3 would be a pretty good deal for both parties.

That games played asterisk is a huge one. Oettinger and Hart were starters. Swayman is a backup. Going into this season when it looked like Swayman was poised to take the reins I was right there with you. Now I don’t see it. I think something shorter term and cheaper of the “prove it” variety.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
I've heard some You Tubers estimating Swayman's next contract at about 2.5M. That seems kinda low to me . Thoughts?

I have it at at least 4M

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad