Proposal: Jeremy Swayman for Casey Mittlestadt, Isak Rosen and a 2nd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
He had a good year outside of one month where olofsson was awful. Not sure what you’re talking about
Never said he didn’t. And the reason that 1 month with VO is significant is because he struggles to drive offense by himself, he needs support, he’s a quality complimentary player. Complimentary players aren’t core pieces, they aren’t untouchable, and no one is selling the farm for him. I said he’s overrated, because that’s what happens when people start talking about depth players that way. They become overrated.

Going from one end of the spectrum to the other.

Mittelstadt was consistent all season long, and his point totals are more a reflection of who he played with (or was stuck with like Olofsson). Doesn't mean he's a "top-six" C, but he's definitely a good middle-six wing if not ready to be a full-time C next season, and brings a defensive effort and awareness that most of the FWs lack badly. He's right where Thompson was last season, finally getting into his prime. For Mittelstadt's lesser talent level, that probably means a solid two-way C hitting 60-70 pts with quality wingers (which he might also finally have most of next season).
Yes, he’s a consistent middle 6 player that depends on his line mates. And if the difference between mitts being a 45 point player and a 65 point player is 16million dollars in wingers than He’s less important than those wingers are. He’s the third best center on the team and the only 1 of the 3 that isn’t signed long term. He’s the tremaine edmunds of the Sabres and I wish him luck when someone over pays him in free agency to be a player he’s not.

Last edited:
Reactions: DickSmehlik

mighty Stanley Duck

Feb 1, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Why are you confused? Young 20s C for young 20s G.

Buffalo needs a goalie moving forward, Boston needs C moving forward.

Buffalo has Tage, Bruins have Ullmark.
Buffalo needs number #1 goalie, and all did Swayman proved he could be good/great as a backup...but being #1 who is gonna play 50-60 games is a whole other universe...

In my eyes if you want number one, Swayman is still a prospect (a good one), he hasn't proved nothing, and his value should be looked as that.

• Haha
Reactions: Horton Hears A Woo

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
Yes, he’s a consistent middle 6 player that depends on his line mates. And if the difference between mitts being a 45 point player and a 65 point player is 16million dollars in wingers than He’s less important than those wingers are. He’s the third best center on the team and the only 1 of the 3 that isn’t signed long term. He’s the tremaine edmunds of the Sabres and I wish him luck when someone over pays him in free agency to be a player he’s not.
Was he less important than Olofsson, Asplund, and Jost when he was carrying a line by himself for 70 games? Not sure why you're so eager to get rid of quality depth as if that doesn't matter. Colorado just got bounced with a major factor being no secondary scoring. Buffalo has 3 or 4 defensively responsible FWs and you're ready to ditch one of them. Seems odd to me.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Jun 9, 2012
Was he less important than Olofsson, Asplund, and Jost when he was carrying a line by himself for 70 games? Not sure why you're so eager to get rid of quality depth as if that doesn't matter. Colorado just got bounced with a major factor being no secondary scoring. Buffalo has 3 or 4 defensively responsible FWs and you're ready to ditch one of them. Seems odd to me.
Look threw the post and tell me where I want to get rid of him.

Look through the post and tell me where I even classify mitts as on the same level as roster plugs.

I say this all the time if you think a post is crazy it’s probably your reading comprehension and not the poster

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
Look threw the post and tell me where I want to get rid of him.

Look through the post and tell me where I even classify mitts as on the same level as roster plugs.

I say this all the time if you think a post is crazy it’s probably your reading comprehension and not the poster
You spent several posts minimizing his impact. I don't need to quote what you already posted yourself. It's clear enough he's a take-em-or-leave-em player to you. Stay or go, whatever.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Jun 9, 2012
You spent several posts minimizing his impact. I don't need to quote what you already posted yourself. It's clear enough he's a take-em-or-leave-em player to you. Stay or go, whatever.
If you aren’t going to bother understanding what’s being posted please stop responding to it the bolded isn’t true and has never been said by me.

You can’t quote it because it doesn’t exist and not understanding what’s being said is far more about you than the posts

The balls in your court

Last edited:

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Buffalo needs number #1 goalie, and all did Swayman proved he could be good/great as a backup...but being #1 who is gonna play 50-60 games is a whole other universe...

In my eyes if you want number one, Swayman is still a prospect (a good one), he hasn't proved nothing, and his value should be looked as that.
There is so much fail in this post it's not worth anything more than this response

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
Went from a throw in depth player to the most overrated sabre in 2 months.
Hyperbole.
Add him to the list of the 200 other players that had a good month. Can I interest you in some Upl? He had a great December.
200 other players had a good March/April? That's minimizing.
No, he did great passing the puck to better hockey players...
For a couple weeks. The rest of the season he played with boast anchors.
He’s a middle 6 playmaking forward who when playing with the 2 best wingers on the roster had a pretty good run. He’s the kinda guy that puts up 65 playing with Crosby then signs in Columbus or Calgary for 8mil and you never hear from him again.
Obviously a player you don't care for one way or the other.
He had to go out of his mind and triple his career per game averages to even make it to 50 points. He’s not a go to on the PK and he’s a 45% faceoff guy. When you look at the total package I still don’t see a hockey player that isn’t replaceable.
"Out of his mind"...ha. There's just about maybe 20 players in the league that aren't replaceable, so saying that about Mittelstadt isn't really saying much. So go ahead and clear it up. Tell us how you really feel.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Wow so when did Swayman become an allstar goalie? It’s like Boston fans think that wearing a Bs jersey automatically makes them several tiers better….

Yeah its not like he had a .945/1.50 in 10 games debut and followed it up with a Top 5 in SV% and 2 Top 5s in GAA and 1st team all rookie in his 2 full seasons or anything...

Reactions: Horton Hears A Woo

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
Yeah its not like he had a .945/1.50 in 10 games debut and followed it up with a Top 5 in SV% and 2 Top 5s in GAA and 1st team all rookie in his 2 full seasons or anything...
Ok sign him to a max 8 year contract… it sounds like there’s a lot of conviction and it’s not another Bruins trying to sell high schemes again

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse

When your team is that good, and has such a great system, people are going to question how good the goalie actually is. It’s just how it works. Ullmark had a significantly better season than he ever has this past year? He posted a .938 save percentage (in a year where save percentage was down overall) and has always been around a .915 type of guy Surely some of that has to do with Boston’s magical season…unless people actually think Ullmark is that good out of no where.

So Swayman posting a .920 save percentage in the same year gives off the same questions. If Ullmark is a .915 guy but posted a .938 year on this team…what does swaymans .920 save percentage even mean Again, fair or not. I think he’s a good goalie, I’m just saying some of the questions are expected

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
Rosen has been underwhelming since he was drafted and I don't see Middlestadt developing into a top-6 centre. It's a miss but it's not a bad swing.
Did you stop paying attention during the second half of the AHL season? Hit refresh on the browser. He caught fire and finished with 14 goals and 23 assists. And he just turned 20 in March,

Push Dr Tracksuit

Jun 9, 2012
Hyperbole.
Omg you actually responded to what I originally posted… finally
200 other players had a good March/April? That's minimizing.
Not what I said you can’t even read it correctly with the quote in front of you, also if you wanted to use hyperbole, this is the part where it would have been correct, not the above part where you actually wrote it
For a couple weeks. The rest of the season he played with boast anchors.
Nice, exactly my point he averaged about 9 points a month until being moved to tuch and skinners wing where his production exploded, and coincidentally that’s also when people started talking about him as the long term center for that line, up until that point no one even whispered that cozens and Thompson should take a back seat to mitts on the top line, thanks for making my point for me
Obviously a player you don't care for one way or the other.
More of a comment about how irrelevant teams become when they pay middle 6 players to play above their ability, see the ennis and hodgson era of the Sabres if you’re still confused or like I’ve said multiple times check out Brandon saads career who was an excellent middle 6 player for Chicago, played himself out of affordability then went to cbj and no one noticed because it’s cbj and no one notices cbj, apologies if the nuance of that 1 comment is what confused you, I didn’t go into great detail to clarify it and I guess I should have
"Out of his mind"...ha. There's just about maybe 20 players in the league that aren't replaceable, so saying that about Mittelstadt isn't really saying much. So go ahead and clear it up. Tell us how you really feel.
Again you’re making my point for me, he is replaceable player and since my post was about the people on the Sabres boards saying that he is a core piece or worth the farm in trade…

Was there something you were trying to say through all this because so far it seems you have the exact same view of mitts as I do or at least close enough to not warrant the argument

Last edited:

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
Omg you actually responded to what I originally posted… finally

Not what I said you can’t even read it correctly with the quote in front of you, also if you wanted to use hyperbole, this is the part where it would have been correct, not the above part where you actually wrote it

Nice, exactly my point he averaged about 9 points a month until being moved to tuch and skinners wing where his production exploded, and coincidentally that’s also when people started talking about him as the long term center for that line, up until that point no one even whispered that cozens and Thompson should take a back seat to mitts on the top line, thanks for making my point for me

More of a comment about how irrelevant teams become when they pay middle 6 players to play above their ability, see the ennis and hodgson era of the Sabres if you’re still confused or like I’ve said multiple times check out Brandon saads career who was an excellent middle 6 player for Chicago, played himself out of affordability then went to cbj and no one noticed because it’s cbj and no one notices cbj, apologies if the nuance of that 1 comment is what confused you, I didn’t go into great detail to clarify it and I guess I should have

Again you’re making my point for me, he is replaceable player and since my post was about the people on the Sabres boards saying that he is a core piece or worth the farm in trade…

Was there something you were trying to say through all this because so far it seems you have the exact same view of mitts as I do or at least close enough to not warrant the argument
So you acknowledge using hyperbole, apologize for using some other phrasing that wasn't clear, but go on being belligerent because I can't figure out your posts? There was something I did say through all this (not tried to, said), but you're definitely right that it doesn't matter, given the tone and all.

Reactions: Jeremy2020

WJCJ

Sep 27, 2017
Bruins have Ullmark for 3 more years after this. Swayman is going to be looking for a bigger role/payday and the Bruins might not want to tie up so much cap in 2 goaltenders.

Mittlestadt is on a team friendly deal and Rosen is a first rounder who is having a quietly good season in the AHL as an 18 year old.
Just a guess, but I think they would move Ulmark before they move Swayman.

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
I assume we'd move Ullmark before moving Swayman, gotta keep the 24 year old over the 28 year old

• Haha
Reactions: Grinner

mighty Stanley Duck

Feb 1, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
There is so much fail in this post it's not worth anything more than this response
Buffalo needs proven #1 goalie...and Swayman doesnt have even one season while being #1 goalie.
Dont know whats wrong with this?

In Buffalo he would have to play 60 games per season...that's whole other universe compared to situation in Boston.
Dont know whats wrong with this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad