Jeremy Roenick done on NBC

Wretched Oil

Right out of 'er
Feb 19, 2008
He talked the same way about Patrick Sharp, who is not even his friend and almost no one was offended here. Why are you not offended about his comments on Sharp and you are for Tappen ? It's all about Tappen in this thread.

Isn't that the definition of sexism ?

Imo, neither was sexist, it was a bad joke about a real-life story.

You are assuming that I thought what he said about Sharp is cool, and I dont think that.

I'm not sure why you're so interested in JR's fantasies, but it's not appropriate to talk that way about anyone while at work.

I'm not terribly offended, it's just that de-valuing women has led to a history of abuse. Its not the same story for men, that's why people come to the defense of women, I think

Reactions: AzHawk

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
Pretty much anyone would get fired from any American workplace for publicly joking about having sex with their coworkers so yeah, hard to be surprised here

Nasti

Jan 30, 2006
Long Beach, CA
He talked the same way about Patrick Sharp, who is not even his friend and almost no one was offended here. Why are you not offended about his comments on Sharp and you are for Tappen ? It's all about Tappen in this thread.

Isn't that the definition of sexism ?

Imo, neither was sexist, it was a bad joke about a real-life story.

What he said about Sharp was absolutely wrong but let’s be real. This is a male dominated industry and women have more to fear than men on this issue. They are more likely to be harmed. That’s just a fact. Treating this proportionally isn’t any more sexist than the greater risk women are in.

Puckluck

Jan 8, 2016
Glad he got fired for such talk on the public domain. Can't believe the guy is more than 50 years old. He talked like a dumb and drunk teenager. There should be consequences for such stupidity.

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
Dime a dozen former player turned broadcaster gets fired for saying something inappropriate. Nobody here is affected by this in any way and it will not decrease the enjoyment of whatever broadcast he was previously scheduled to be on.

Reactions: Fixxer

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
The fact that Pierre has been able to outlast JR while pushing the envelope for years with all the weird/inappropriate shit he says and does that makes his colleagues feel uncomfortable on air is low key impressive.

TheGoldenGod

5 Star Man
Nov 8, 2017
Addresses NBC controversy, future, playing days, and MJ documentary (he has some great stories). Still love JR man. If you like Spittin Chiclets, you may like this podcast. Not as popular but similar style.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad