Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
Seems harsh, but I can understand it.

tumblr_inline_mpe4oiPm3O1qz4rgp.gif

Reactions: Morrison

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Not surprising, but unfortunate. Hopefully someone hires him, he's a good analyst.

Reactions: HBK27

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
surprising, yet not at the same time
Agreed.

What he said was wildly inappropriate, completely unprofessional, and I completely support NBC suspending him for it.

That being said I could've seen a path where he comes back after the all-star break, makes a quick on-air apology, and resumes his duties. He's not in Matt Lauer territory or anything.

At the same time though, NBCUniversal is a massive corporation that can't really afford to screw around with stuff like this anymore. So I guess I shouldn't be surprised. And it's not like Roenick is irreplaceable as a hockey commentator.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
The truth of things is no one tunes into these broadcasts to see what the people on the intermission shows have to say.

They've had a Winter Classic, All-Star weekend, and several other games without him on the broadcast. My guess is NBC looked at the response and their ratings and said, "We can't tell that anyone noticed him being gone or cared. Eff it. Let's move on."

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
He lost his job at a Disney company for publicly, lewdly saying he wanted to jump into bed with his on-air coworker? No way
Your point still stands but NBC is a part of NBCUniversal, which is owned by Comcast.

Disney owns ABC, ESPN (80% ownership), FX, Hulu, and National Geographic.

Not trying to nitpick it's always a bit staggering to remember just how big these media companies are.

Reactions: Hivemind and Voight

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad