Player Discussion Jeremy Lauzon: signed $850k/2rs

8thRoundPick

Sep 19, 2007
Sudbury
Lauzon is playing and Moore is not.

But last night he only played 12:55, by far the least TOI by a defenseman. Don't think he got hurt, just was not playing well.

Be interesting to see how this shakes out. Lauzon has shown some flashes of what he could be, and it's exciting.

mjhfb

Easier from up here
Dec 19, 2016
A thousand miles from nowhere
perhaps it's not about Moore's on-ice impact. Maybe it's about who's not in the lineup when Moore is. If he's replacing Grizz or Krug then the team is significantly worse by way of not having those guys in the lineup. Same could be said for Clifton maybe. Plus maybe guys end up playing more minutes than they're used to or in situations they're not comfortable with. Never underestimate the ripple effect of lineup changes, especially on D.

I think its called "false cause" or something like that. Coaches know that Moore is a capable depth player.
When he started with the B's he was leading the team in plus/minus. That was equally as "false" as the win/loss record they try to pin on him.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
It wasn’t his best game but the entire D looked a little out of sorts last night . Clifton will definitely get a look when he is ready and we will have to see how it plays out .
Clifton got neutered by the coach. He’s not playing the style that got him called up. I watched him in Providence. He’s lost his mojo. He’s playing tentative.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Clifton got neutered by the coach. He’s not playing the style that got him called up. I watched him in Providence. He’s lost his mojo. He’s playing tentative.

Maybe now that the team has decided to play more physical he'll get it back. I love his jam just wish he was bigger.

bob27

Grzelcyk is a top pairing defenceman
Apr 2, 2015
Lauzon has actually been really good to my surprise. I liked the promise he showed in juniors, but I did expect him to take a little longer to develop. This makes the Moore situation even more untenable. Right now he's number 7/8 defenceman making 2.75 million until 2023. Need to get rid of him quickly before he starts to attain some serious negative value.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Lauzon has actually been really good to my surprise. I liked the promise he showed in juniors, but I did expect him to take a little longer to develop. This makes the Moore situation even more untenable. Right now he's number 7/8 defenceman making 2.75 million until 2023. Need to get rid of him quickly before he starts to attain some serious negative value.
This is why I always liked the Moore signing and contract. He gave the B's immediate defensive depth, allowing the kids to develop in Providence. The thinking was once there was a logjam at D then Moore would be easy to move. The time has come to move him. He is worth 2.75 to quite a few teams in the NHL. It's a solid contract, but not one the Bs now need. He would definitely be a starter on plenty of NHL teams.

ThomasJ13

Sep 22, 2006
This is why I always liked the Moore signing and contract. He gave the B's immediate defensive depth, allowing the kids to develop in Providence. The thinking was once there was a logjam at D then Moore would be easy to move. The time has come to move him. He is worth 2.75 to quite a few teams in the NHL. It's a solid contract, but not one the Bs now need. He would definitely be a starter on plenty of NHL teams.

Yup, the same reason I liked the signing as well. As long as there was no NTC, I was fine with it. Every year there are teams who need D depth because of injuries (the Bruins have often been one of those teams), and a guy like Moore becomes easy to move. Barring D injuries to the Bruins over the next couple of weeks, I'm guessing they move him this year.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Lauzon has been good last year when everyone was injured and even played 1st pairing minutes in some.

He’s been good this year.

He’s a keeper.

Bruins depth on D ain’t fair for others...

Chara
McAvoy
Krug
Carlo
Gryz
Lauzon
Moore
Clifton
Vaak
Zboril
Miller

Reactions: Mr. Make-Believe

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Lauzon has been good last year when everyone was injured and even played 1st pairing minutes in some.

He’s been good this year.

He’s a keeper.

Bruins depth on D ain’t fair for others...

Chara
McAvoy
Krug
Carlo
Gryz
Lauzon
Moore
Clifton
Vaak
Zboril
Miller

Add Kampfer.

It's insane.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
you can make 2 NHL caliber defensive units

You're getting carried away here. UV and Kamp
aren't everyday NHL players and odds aren't on
your side Miller will ever be again. They are legit
8 everyday NHL deep, not 12.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
How the hell can anyone remotely take the NHL Player Safety clowns seriously when they ignore a direct elbow to the head of a player who has a concussion history, meanwhile have a hearing for a guy who clearly had no intent of hitting the player in the head and got mostly body to begin with? Their whole mantra is primary point of contact. Ok, I've watched both plays numerous times today. What the f*** is so hard to see about the difference between McAvoy taking a straight elbow to the head versus the hit by Lauzon? Suspend Lauzon if you must (I don't agree it was worthy of suspension based on dozens of worse plays this season that have not been suspended), but you sure as hell better suspend the Coyote for more games. The inconsistency when it comes to "player safety" is appallingly bad and just downright pathetic and amateur.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
How the hell can anyone remotely take the NHL Player Safety clowns seriously when they ignore a direct elbow to the head of a player who has a concussion history, meanwhile have a hearing for a guy who clearly had no intent of hitting the player in the head and got mostly body to begin with? Their whole mantra is primary point of contact. Ok, I've watched both plays numerous times today. What the **** is so hard to see about the difference between McAvoy taking a straight elbow to the head versus the hit by Lauzon? Suspend Lauzon if you must (I don't agree it was worthy of suspension based on dozens of worse plays this season that have not been suspended), but you sure as hell better suspend the Coyote for more games. The inconsistency when it comes to "player safety" is appallingly bad and just downright pathetic and amateur.

Both hits are suspendable no question. What bothers
me about the Lauzon hit is he blindsided Stepan. If
Lauzon was on Arizona and did that to Bergeron
or Pastrnak we would want his head on a pike.
The angle behind the glass clearly showed Lauzon
grazing Stepan's body with too much contact
with his head and neck. I can't stand hits like that.

Hopefully Crouse gets suspended because thats a totally
dirtbag deliberate intent to injure.

Reactions: Iceage and Strafer

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
He's already getting called in for a hearing.

I think this kid is a keeper :laugh:

BruinsFan37

Jun 26, 2015
Surprised it hasn't hit the main boards. Probably cause it was an afternoon matinee versus Arizona with almost nobody watching but Bruins fans.

With no prior record he'll get a game for being reckless.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad