Confirmed with Link: Jeremy Davies Signs ELC

SETHROLLINS

Mar 2, 2011
Good news but I'm assuming he can't play in our finals games because the contract doesn't start till the fall?

Reactions: OmNomNom

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
giphy.gif

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
Well, he may want to finish his school year too.

BTW, is this new?... I've been having to wait like a minute between posts.
They are trying to ween you off before the season ends, no one wants to go cold turkey.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
OK, now that he's signed, I guess we move on to stressing out about Walsh next signing next year? :huh:

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
I'm still not sure if this is wrong or not.

From Chris Ryan:
The Devils also avoided exposing him to the Seattle expansion draft in 2021 by waiting to start his contract until 2019-20. Since Davies will have two or less years of pro experience at the time of the expansion draft, he will automatically be protected.

Reactions: Darkauron

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
So much for finishing classes, I guess :)

He still might do that - Wood and Santini returned to BC after their NHL debuts in 2016. If the Devils don't plan on sending him to Binghamton, he could practice here all week and then go back to Boston on Saturday.

Reactions: Nubmer6

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
This is very good news. Davies' upside is very similar to that of Will Butcher, though I consider him a stronger skater. He's extremely smart.

This is a huge victory for the entire scouting department of the New Jersey Devils. In their first two drafts (2016, 2017), they have a 6th-round pick as a regular on their second line (Jesper Bratt), a 7th round pick looking like a future mid-pairing D (Davies) and another 6th round pick as one of their top prospects (Aarne Talvitie).

blink

Mar 6, 2002
Ontario
This is very good news. Davies' upside is very similar to that of Will Butcher, though I consider him a stronger skater. He's extremely smart.

This is a huge victory for the entire scouting department of the New Jersey Devils. In their first two drafts (2016, 2017), they have a 6th-round pick as a regular on their second line (Jesper Bratt), a 7th round pick looking like a future mid-pairing D (Davies) and another 6th round pick as one of their top prospects (Aarne Talvitie).

With Davies, Smith and Walsh in the fold, our defence should be a position of strength in the future. Davies was a huge find for us, we'll see what he can do as a pro.

Funny how we have had about as much success with late round picks as early round picks recently. Castron and company have a huge draft coming up for our organization, they simply cannot blow the 1st rounder this year, we need a gamebreaking talent. Hughes and Kakko are easy choices but if we are picking 6th or 7th, we need to nail that pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad