Confirmed with Link: Jeremy Davies Signs ELC

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
Good news, getting him locked up now avoids the angst of him slipping to free agency.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Woot!

images

Also, I still enjoy that every time I Google Jeremy Davies, the actor who played Upham in Saving Private Ryan shows up.

NJ07102

Apr 15, 2012
Germany
That was an important signing. From what I have seen the guy has great vision and skill. Our backend could get really crowded next season...

Reactions: My3Sons

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
he got the maximum someone could get without performance bonuses so his cap hit is 925k. i wonder if he's the first 7th round pick in Devils history to get that much

I haven't seen confirmation of how much his contract is for. Capfriendly's number is preliminary.

Reactions: R8NJ

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
This is very good news. Davies' upside is very similar to that of Will Butcher, though I consider him a stronger skater. He's extremely smart.

This is a huge victory for the entire scouting department of the New Jersey Devils. In their first two drafts (2016, 2017), they have a 6th-round pick as a regular on their second line (Jesper Bratt), a 7th round pick looking like a future mid-pairing D (Davies) and another 6th round pick as one of their top prospects (Aarne Talvitie).

Yet some still say they've done nothing.

Reactions: My3Sons

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Why do you do this? This is great. We're excited. Let's leave it at that.

I don't "do this". This is an isolated thing unless it's outright sarcasm. Hell, this is sarcasm anyway. I'm thrilled for this. I've been pumping Davies' tires for a while now.

Setec Astronomy

Jun 15, 2012
Woot!

images

Also, I still enjoy that every time I Google Jeremy Davies, the actor who played Upham in Saving Private Ryan shows up.

Not making this political, but not as funny as when Bill Kristol was floating National Review writer David French as an independent Presidential candidate when Trump got the Republican nomination and the the first Google search result for the name was some Canadian playwright that nobody ever heard of.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
(slowly turning this into a movie thread) I wish Spielberg had decided to subtitle this one scene which I didn't find out about until years later. So there's the part after the Allied forces break the line at Normandie. A couple soldiers approach a couple (seemingly German) soldiers who are surrendering, but they decide to shoot them. The soldiers are actually speaking Czech and are saying something to the effect of "We are not German, please don't shoot."

Reactions: devilsblood

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
(slowly turning this into a movie thread) I wish Spielberg had decided to subtitle this one scene which I didn't find out about until years later. So there's the part after the Allied forces break the line at Normandie. A couple soldiers approach a couple (seemingly German) soldiers who are surrendering, but they decide to shoot them. The soldiers are actually speaking Czech and are saying something to the effect of "We are not German, please don't shoot."
Now I've got to hunt that down.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
The lack of subtitles was intentional. Puts the (American) audience in the same position as the soldiers. Spielberg's more clever than he comes across, sometimes.

Anyway. Cool we signed Davies.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
From the Athletic:

“Other than winning a national championship,” Fitzgerald said, when asked if Davies has anything left to prove at the NCAA level. “I do think he’s ready for pro hockey. He’ll have a chance to make our team. If he doesn’t, we all know what the safety net is. It’s go down and get some reps, get more ice time down in Binghamton. But that’s just a safety net.
“We believe that he is (ready),” I would think Jim (Madigan) thinks the same, that’s he ready for the next step, next challenge.”

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad