Confirmed with Link: Jeremiah Addison - On waivers for purpose of contract termination

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
:amazed:......you like something the organization did?? :laugh:

But seriously, I'm expecting this guy to be a solid bottom six player.......although I was expecting the same thing with Gregoire.....sooooo.....

Gregoire can't skate, Addison seems to be a lot better. We got our Simmonds! :laugh:

IcemanTBI

Apr 19, 2004
Land of Ice
I like Addison. I have seen him play in Junior. Good upside. Has improved a ton since his draft year. He is obviously going to need a couple years in the minors but the potential is there to be at least a bottom 6 forward, so why not?

Good signing IMO

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I like him. Thought he deserve a shot. We gave deals like that to much worst players. Fine news. Next has to be Bradley.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Addison is ok but the player i'm really intrigued about is Bradley, he looked really good this year.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
OK as I mentioned in the Sergechev thread, this kid is a gamer, a bigger Gallagher with great hands and good skating.

You guys should be excited, he does have middle six upside. Don't be fooled by his draft position. Very good prospect at the OHL level. We will see if he continues at the AHL, but I really liked the kid the couple of times I saw him in person.
Great hockey IQ and it really shows away from the puck.

Nice to see he has been rewarded for pushing his own development against the odds.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
The kid is a 7th round pick! Did you expect a generational player?

If he can develop into a solid bottom 6 player it will be a fantastic pick.

Honestly, I feel like because of Joel Ward's success, we're hopeful Addison can be the next Joel Ward. Ward didn't have great numbers when he was young, but had a great career. He was more than your run of the mill bottom sixer.

Statistically though, it's a long shot Addison will be another Joel Ward. And I really don't care if he's the next Brian Flynn.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
No but why are we wasting contract space on a guy who will likely never play more than 25 games in the NHL.

Because we need players in the AHL, plus you never know, maybe he'll have a lengthy career. You always lose when you don't bet.

Following you mentality, we might as well trade away every pick after the first round because they will likely never play in the NHL.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
A 20 years old that cant even put up a point per game in junior.

You need to see him play before throwing out this kind of comment. He is a LOT better than you give him credit for.
By the same token why did DD ever even play in the AHL.

habsterr

Jan 5, 2014
Edmonton
I can probably find 100+ players over a ppg in junior who never played more than 5 games in the NHL?

What does ppg amount too? He's a 7th rounder also.

How many NHLers can you find that never put over a ppg in juniors? That's the real question.

Meh prospect seems to be a small grinder type of player.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Addison is ok but the player i'm really intrigued about is Bradley, he looked really good this year.

Expect him to be the next prospect to sign an ELC. We will be able to see him in Laval next year along with Juulsen, Bourque, McNiven, and Addison!

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
You need to see him play before throwing out this kind of comment. He is a LOT better than you give him credit for.
By the same token why did DD ever even play in the AHL.

When it comes to prospect discussions it becomes clear between who actually watches them and who just looks at stats.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Gregoire can't skate, Addison seems to be a lot better. We got our Simmonds! :laugh:

yeah that's what I thought when we drafted him: a Gregoire that can skate.

He's definitely intriguing. Has some tools. There could be more there but I won't hold my breath. No need to write the kid off either. I've only seen highlights but one goal i saw in the last month or so showed some pretty sweet hands. I liked him at dev camp. Thought he showed some things.

It's just weird that people harp on the Pezzeta pick when we got this guy and Evans in the 7th round. And quite a few others in later rounds who have some varying degrees of upside. In 5 drafts MB's picked Crisp and Pezzetta and people act like the guy makes 'character' picks all the time.

MB has his flaws but really I think the guy's made some solid late round picks for the most part. Still too early to tell but many of them have some kind of upside.

dgeezus

Aug 26, 2011
How many NHLers can you find that never put over a ppg in juniors? That's the real question.

Just for fun, here's a quick list I've made from 2005 to 2012 Drafts with players from the CHL. Each player never had a single season of at least 1 ppg.

Name total ppg
Josh Anderson 0.64
Jordan Martinook 0.64
Andrew Shaw 0.56
Joseph Cramarossa 0.59
Jordan Nolan 0.57
Nicolas Deslauriers 0.65
Zac Rinaldo 0.37
Dale Weise 0.64
Zack Smith 0.5
Lance Bouma 0.52
Dwight King 0.69
Brandon Sutter 0.75
Milan Lucic* 0.65
Ryan Reaves 0.39

Not a list of great players. The best one is probably Lucic, but he played in the NHL at 19 years old. Then, maybe Shaw and Smith.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Just for fun, here's a quick list I've made from 2005 to 2012 Drafts with players from the CHL. Each player never had a single season of at least 1 ppg.

Name total ppg
Josh Anderson 0.64
Jordan Martinook 0.64
Andrew Shaw 0.56
Joseph Cramarossa 0.59
Jordan Nolan 0.57
Nicolas Deslauriers 0.65
Zac Rinaldo 0.37
Dale Weise 0.64
Zack Smith 0.5
Lance Bouma 0.52
Dwight King 0.69
Brandon Sutter 0.75
Milan Lucic* 0.65
Ryan Reaves 0.39

Not a list of great players. The best one is probably Lucic, but he played in the NHL at 19 years old. Then, maybe Shaw and Smith.

Getzlaf has 215 points in 233 games in the CHL.

Many guys in Europe and in the AHL had a better junior career than him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad