Confirmed with Link: Jeremiah Addison - On waivers for purpose of contract termination

Aug 25, 2009
éal
He just turned 22, so there's still time for him to go to college and get good education while keep playing hockey. Maybe a good choice for him.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
How? He's not a bad skater by any means, he could have built a niche as a Winnik type of forward.

From what you've seen, is he a better skater than Hudon? Deslauriers? There weren't concerns about the speed of these players a few years ago, but there are now.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
ECHL is the end of the road for most hockey players. Kid looked really good 2 years ago. Injuries could have reduced his pretty good skating IMO.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
ECHL is the end of the road for most hockey players. Kid looked really good 2 years ago. Injuries could have reduced his pretty good skating IMO.
Must be. Kind of odd for him to give upon his career early like this at 22. Especailly, with Burrows there. He made a career out of nothing. I thought he could be another REne Bourque.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I think we can notch him in the Bust column then.

Well, 7th Round Pick. Not that other 7th round picks don't pan out (Evans is looking real good in Laval and Primeau is one of the team's top prospects). But I have a hard time qualifying such late picks as busts when they don't pan out.

I think his injury last year that forced him to miss almost the entire season was the big key why he hasn't progressed much. I really liked him and the way he played the game. And I think sending him to the ECHL was the organization's way of tying to get him to play games and get his legs back to be called back up to Laval. But the kid had other plans.

Reactions: Fenris

dcal64

Jul 4, 2010
Ottawa
Is he allowed to get a new scholarship with a high end college by playing for the hockey team?

The OHL provides money for its players to go to university after their junior career is over, I think there is a time limit, maybe Addison wanted the college money before it expired.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Well, 7th Round Pick. Not that other 7th round picks don't pan out (Evans is looking real good in Laval and Primeau is one of the team's top prospects). But I have a hard time qualifying such late picks as busts when they don't pan out.

I think his injury last year that forced him to miss almost the entire season was the big key why he hasn't progressed much. I really liked him and the way he played the game. And I think sending him to the ECHL was the organization's way of tying to get him to play games and get his legs back to be called back up to Laval. But the kid had other plans.

Fine lets just say he failed with odds stacked against him.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013

Most for sure. I believe Michael Ryder was sent to the echl though and still managed an NHL career.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Just think it deserves a thread on its own...this is so shocking for me. And a reminder that Development camps are just....development camps. Addison, and deservedly so, was a star during the camp I've seen him. Shining out for all the good reasons. To a point that I was almost certain he'd be a NHL'er to some degree. The speed, the hockey sense, the determination and then...this? ONe of the biggest shocker for me...at least since I don't know the guy personnaly. I guess his close circle knew that for quite a long time now.....I'd love to know what happened....2015 is all on Juulsen now...and a miracle from Vejdemo.

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
How is it shocking? Kid wasnt even dominant in the O, he is a 7th round pick

Injuries hurt him

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
How is it shocking? Kid wasnt even dominant in the O, he is a 7th round pick

Injuries hurt him

Look around. Tons of 7th rounders, while they don't make the NHL don't see their contract being TERMINATED. Who cares that he was a 7th rounder.......do you need names of players not even drafted that are succesful? Or just even making a AHL career?

2nd year of a 1st contract. And he was more than a 7th rounder, 'cause most 7th rounders don't get a contract period. He did, so they thought he was worth it. 2nd year after giving it, he's not anymore.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->