Confirmed with Link: Jeremiah Addison - On waivers for purpose of contract termination

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Just think it deserves a thread on its own...this is so shocking for me. And a reminder that Development camps are just....development camps. Addison, and deservedly so, was a star during the camp I've seen him. Shining out for all the good reasons. To a point that I was almost certain he'd be a NHL'er to some degree. The speed, the hockey sense, the determination and then...this? ONe of the biggest shocker for me...at least since I don't know the guy personnaly. I guess his close circle knew that for quite a long time now.....I'd love to know what happened....2015 is all on Juulsen now...and a miracle from Vejdemo.

Joel Bourchard didn't think he was one of his 12 best forwards right now and therefore wanted him in the ECHL for now. Addison refused to go. What's so shocking? That Bouchard didn't have him as one of his top 12 forwards? I haven't watched him play recently enough.

HABitual Fan

May 22, 2007
I think this was more his desire than the Habs. CHL grads have 1 year to try their hand at pro hockey before they lose the free education they earned playing CHL(1 yr for each year they played.) That is why you see so many guys playing a year of AHL or ECHL and then leaving pro hockey and going the CIS route amongst undrafted players, a 7th rounder is pretty much in the same boat as them. Given his injury history this is a smart decision for him if he couldn't crack an AHL roster.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Most for sure. I believe Michael Ryder was sent to the echl though and still managed an NHL career.

twice, Ryder was sent to the ECHL in his first year and then in his 2nd. I remember cause someone asked me if would be ever make the NHL after his 2nd stint in the ECHL and I said no. Whoops. He went on to do well in the ECHL that year, he was called up the day he was supposed to play in the ECHL All Star game, the next year he killed it in Hamilton although to be fair i think that was the best AHL team I've ever seen (still don't know how they lost in game 7 of the finals).

DD played down there as well.

He set a record for rookie scoring. Halak did real well done there in Long Beach, I was VHS tapes back then with someone in Cali and I recall Halak's coach saying he was the best player he ever coached.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad