Player Discussion Jeff Skinner - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
26 goals....and it is not even halfway thru the season. Unreal. This guy is playing like a superstar.

I am realistic, I do not expect Jeff to be scoring 50+ every season. But he can absolutely be a steady 35-45 goal scorer the next 8 years. Jack and Jeff are as dynamic as LaFontaine-Mogilny.

Member 308457

Loved the move Skinner put on Gibson. He didn't have a whole lot of room... as he was angling towards the net, he slammed his stick in front of the puck. This threw off the goalie and set him up for that backhand move. The roof on the backhand was icing on the cake. What a scorer. I see the stick-slam move with Eichel too.

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY

I don't talk trash and don't think much of players who do, but it's far from necessary to pound a guy's face for talking trash. It's time for hands on when somebody is trying to hurt your guys. If they are just talking, the easiest response is to tell them how silly they are to think they're trash talk is so important, stay focused on the game, and play well as a response. Scoreboard is what matters for trash talkers, so Carlyle seems bent in a old-time knuckle dragger kind of way. IMO responding physically to talk is mentally weak.

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
i
I don't talk trash and don't think much of players who do, but it's far from necessary to pound a guy's face for talking trash. It's time for hands on when somebody is trying to hurt your guys. If they are just talking, the easiest response is to tell them how silly they are to think they're trash talk is so important, stay focused on the game, and play well as a response. Scoreboard is what matters for trash talkers, so Carlyle seems bent in a old-time knuckle dragger kind of way. IMO responding physically to talk is mentally weak.
if you try to ignore knuckledraggers in any walk of life you only embolden them and eventually have to fight them anyway or lose... go casey the enforcer, stick up for the other talent!!

in fact its an epidemic in our country of the drugged walking dead as apathy reigns as the hexafluoride bullys control everything without complaint as they finish 5g .. save us casey.. not kidding, love the kid taking on kessler.. hockey is still interesting..

Last edited:

SackTastic

Mar 25, 2011
i

if you try to ignore knuckledraggers in any walk of life you only embolden them and eventually have to fight them anyway or lose... go casey the enforcer, stick up for the other talent!!

in fact its an epidemic in our country of the drugged walking dead as apathy reigns as the hexafluoride bullys control everything without complaint as they finish 5g .. save us casey.. not kidding, love the kid taking on kessler.. hockey is still interesting..

Stay out of the spiked egg nog my friend.. :)

jcbeze

Dec 27, 2005
He'll probably represent Buffalo anyway, when Jack's status changes to week to week...

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey

Jeff Skinner, Buffalo Sabres: The 26-year-old forward has 26 goals, tied for second in the NHL with Toronto Maple Leafs center John Tavares and three behind the League leader, Washington Capitals forward Alex Ovechkin. Skinner has six game-winning goals, tied for second in the NHL with three other players and one behind Landeskog and Vancouver Canucks center Elias Pettersson. Skinner, who came to Buffalo in a trade with the Carolina Hurricanes on Aug. 2, is a big reason the Sabres are in the hunt for a Stanley Cup Playoff spot and deserves to play with teammate Jack Eichel at the All-Star Game. -- Bill Price, Editor-in-Chief

Flash20

DC Homer
Oct 16, 2009
Buffalo
Just don’t overpay if he wants 8.5- 9+ trade him jack probably could turn TNT into A scoring machine as he develops

Havok89

Oct 26, 2010
Just don’t overpay if he wants 8.5- 9+ trade him jack probably could turn TNT into A scoring machine as he develops

He’s second in the NHL in goals, 1 behind Ovechkin for the league lead. Eichel goes down and Skinner keeps scoring, showing he can drive his own line even when Eichel returns.

Losing Skinner because you don’t want to overpay him $1 - $1.5M is going to hurt us a lot more going forward than overpaying him.

Pay the man.

StlSwedes

Dec 3, 2009

I hope there is a middle ground deal here that leaves everyone smiling. Skinner gets rewarded for playing great and signs "the deal of his life", and the Sabres are able to sign him for .5 mil less than expectations leaving everyone feeling like it is a great deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad