Friedman: Jeff Skinner on the Market?

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Would the Canes even attempt to re-sign Simmonds? If Dundon was being sincere about his view of free agency and not just using it as justification for not spending money, Simmonds is exactly the type of player you don’t want to give $6 mil+ on a long-term deal to.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
The difference between one year of Skinner and one year of Simmonds is not a recent 1st rounder. Ideally Gauthier would be the Canes’ Simmonds for the next 7 years himself.
Well, if Simmonds was available next summer/deadline
with one year left how many teams would offer a 1st for him? My guess would be quite a few

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Well, if Simmonds was available next summer/deadline
with one year left how many teams would offer a 1st for him? My guess would be quite a few

If ifs and buts were candies and nuts we’d all have a Merry Christmas.

They both have one year left, right? They are both ~30 goal scorers with pros and cons. The difference between them isn’t a mid-1st if they are individually only worth a mid-1st.

Reactions: Starat327 and DaveG

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Hard to see how LA and Carolina can work out a deal considering both have similar needs and depth on D.

I would do Toffoli for Skinner. However would be concerned about re-signing both Sinner and Doughty in the same year. Didn't Carolina's owner say they wanted to get tougher?

Toffoli + Clifford for Skinner + ?

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Anaheim needs to get faster and more skilled, Carolina apparently would like to add size and grit - perhaps there's a deal to be made?

I could see it Perry (with some retention) for Skinner as a basis. May not add size but would add a bit of grit and pestyness. I hate Perry but you cannot question his compete level.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
If ifs and buts were candies and nuts we’d all have a Merry Christmas.

They both have one year left, right? They are both ~30 goal scorers with pros and cons. The difference between them isn’t a mid-1st if they are individually only worth a mid-1st.
Yea, I thought Simmonds had two seasons left for some reason(Cap Friendly still showing this season.....my team has been done for months lol)
Agreed, Skinner w/1 year + Gauthier for Simmonds w/1 year is too much. They're pretty close to equal IMO with maybe a slight edge for Simmonds due to contract AAV and style of play

Reactions: Aho Mitakuye Oyasin

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Since this seems like a close deal, how about:

Skinner +2nd(42nd)

For

Simmonds +2nd(50th)

That swap of 2nd makes up the difference between the 2 including Simmonds being cheaper right now.

Then going forward, each team decides if the want to re-sign the guy who seems to fit their needs better.

bluedevil58

Oct 19, 2017
Skinner for Nylander. Leafs get the figure skater goal scorer. We get an up and coming young winger.

SYWTom

Dec 10, 2016
I've wanted Skinner on the Avs for a while, when he was having some of those injury concerns I wanted the Avs to pick him up as I thought his value was low at that time. Think he and Landeskog would pair well together, just need a half way decent C between them.
I can tell you, they were dynamic together on the Kitchener Rangers. Two of the best we’ve gotten to see in the last decade at The Aud.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Friedman said, they are looking to see his value. Not looking to get screwed on a deal.
So pacs isnt worth more than Skinner?? LMAO
And Petry just finished with 40 points. Skinner 49. Lehks + Petry is more than fair value. Lmao.
You can decline. I don't even know if habd fan would do this. Skinner has regressed and we don't need smaller players.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Since this seems like a close deal, how about:

Skinner +2nd(42nd)

For

Simmonds +2nd(50th)

That swap of 2nd makes up the difference between the 2 including Simmonds being cheaper right now.

Then going forward, each team decides if the want to re-sign the guy who seems to fit their needs better.

Sign me up. This deal makes too much sense from a) what the flyers need and b) what the Cannes seem to need.

Who is sending papers?

Hulkacaniac

You MUST
Jun 4, 2015
NC
So pacs isnt worth more than Skinner?? LMAO
And Petry just finished with 40 points. Skinner 49. Lehks + Petry is more than fair value. Lmao.
You can decline. I don't even know if habd fan would do this. Skinner has regressed and we don't need smaller players.
Lol rask for pacioretty + 2nd. Pacioretty clearly on the decline and can only get 7 more points than rask plus is a winger plus he's not signed long term. Am I doing this right?

Reactions: SaskCanesFan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad