Rumor: Jeff Skinner has blocked multiple trades

Shoofyou10

Apr 30, 2009
The Burgh
It’s not being taken seriously by anyone here but the Canes local media has clearly stated that no trade has been taken to Jeff Skinner to approve as of Sunday afternoon.

Canes media has never lied, and they don’t specifically state who told them. After following the team for so long I have never had a reason to doubt the local media. They are not prone to being duped, are not remotely sensationalistic, and never really say anything at all other than things that are known to be true. It is a new regime, so we will see if something has changed but I do believe them until proven guilty.

It’s been years since Skinner had a concussion, and years since he played a style prone to getting them. He just stopped taking the middle from the right side with fancy moves. He’s pretty exclusively on the left now, and when he does attack on the right he drives wide or pulls up.

He’s one of the Canes most durable players. He works very hard in the off season. I don’t really want him gone.

I'm not calling the Canes media liars but this could just be a case of semantics. There is a difference between being "officially" asked to waive it (which the media could be reporting hasn't happened) and a sort of informal conversation between the agent and team management where the team reports a couple of teams they have had conversations with and the agent suggesting that they wouldn't accept a trade to the suggested team.

Reactions: HunterSThompson

HunterSThompson

[}=[][][][][]
Jun 19, 2007
Washington, DC
This is his expiring contract season. He wants to play on a team that can guarantee PP time, good linemates, and a scheme that leans offensive, so that he can sign for big money next offseason wherever he wants. Makes sense.

Misty8723

Jun 13, 2006
I wish I could remember where I read this, over the weekend. I've been reading so much it could have been online or in the local paper. But anyway, the comment was made that you don't change your agent if you want to stay where you are. So, apparently, Skinner has recently changed agents? If so, this statement would imply he did so with the intent of getting out of Carolina. If so, I wish him well, but I hope we get a good return for him.

HunterSThompson

[}=[][][][][]
Jun 19, 2007
Washington, DC
I'm not calling the Canes media liars but this could just be a case of semantics. There is a difference between being "officially" asked to waive it (which the media could be reporting hasn't happened) and a sort of informal conversation between the agent and team management where the team reports a couple of teams they have had conversations with and the agent suggesting that they wouldn't accept a trade to the suggested team.
In addition it also looks like he has put forth a small list of teams he would waive for. -- 31 Thoughts: All eyes on John Tavares during UFA interview period - Sportsnet.ca
By doing that, he could have "blocked" potential trade offers from any of those other teams.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
For real. I mean he’s only played at minimum 77 games over the last 4 seasons... eesh.

And I just noticed only 71 the year before. Oh god. The narratives...

I get that he has played a couple good years, however brain injuries aren't something that just go away. He has scar tissue on his brain and is susceptible to having his bell rung again because of it. I know you Hurricanes fans want to maximize his value, but his concussion history devalues him like it or not.

sheriff bart

Where are the white women at
Nov 11, 2010
Rock Ridge
I get that he has played a couple good years, however brain injuries aren't something that just go away. He has scar tissue on his brain and is susceptible to having his bell rung again because of it. I know you Hurricanes fans want to maximize his value, but his concussion history devalues him like it or not.

Thank you Dr Deen

Honestly, what hockey player has not had concussions?

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014

"You hurricanes fans" to the guy with the Avs logo. He isn't a Hurricane fan, he just took it upon himself to look at the data and actual facts rather than just lazily regurgitating 5-6 year old information.

The willful ignorance that exists around Canes players is quite astounding. Like, if you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about then you think you wouldn't hammer the point into the ground. Just silly.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016

Look at my avi and location. Not a canes fan. Of course he’s susceptible to head injuries, but so is every other player in the league. He’s proven that the concussions aren’t affecting his performance.

Echo Roku

Jan 14, 2018
A thought. He may have blocked trades not based on who he’d be traded to, but on the basis of them wanting an extension to make it happen

When you have that much control over where you move, then I could imagine wanting to confirm it’s a good fit next year before committing

Last edited:
Reactions: SvechniCanesCup2019

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad