Rumor: Jeff Skinner has blocked multiple trades

Cane mutiny

Ahoy_Aho
Sep 5, 2006
Varlamov, Andrighetto, conditional pick on Varly's GP. Avs re-sign Bernier. Could be a win-win. Also think Skinner would waive for Colorado since him and Landeskog were teammates/roommates in junior.
I could see Skinner waiving his NMC for a place like Colorado. I bet it'd suit him.

Reactions: Unsustainable

emptyNedder

Not seeking rents
Sponsor
Jan 17, 2018
If we were able to speak with his agent and confirm that he was at least open to an extension rather than testing UFA, Varlamov at 50% retained plus 2018 16OA Martin Kaut.

As Canes fan--I like this. Probably as good a goalie as Carolina is going to get and the retention makes it a decent price. Kaut gets compared to Hossa--even if he is a budget version he will be an excellent replacement when Williams retires.

Iracundia

Jun 19, 2011
As Canes fan--I like this. Probably as good a goalie as Carolina is going to get and the retention makes it a decent price. Kaut gets compared to Hossa--even if he is a budget version he will be an excellent replacement when Williams retires.
Varly isn't for sale, Sakic just said as much 1 day ago. He wants depth especially since we were down to our 3rd in the POs. I also find it highly unlikely that Kaut would be traded just 3 days into his Av tenure.

Chan790

Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Bingy town, NY
Varly isn't for sale, Sakic just said as much 1 day ago. He wants depth especially since we were down to our 3rd in the POs. I also find it highly unlikely that Kaut would be traded just 3 days into his Av tenure.

Between Varly, Gru, Francouz and wanting to re-sign Bernier...they're going to have a crowded crease if they don't move someone.

Reactions: Unsustainable

Iracundia

Jun 19, 2011
Between Varly, Gru, Francouz and wanting to re-sign Bernier...they're going to have a crowded crease if they don't move someone.

BTW, just to squash any speculation of Varly being traded, or Bernier being brought back, Joe was asked specifically about both and gave pretty definitive answers.

Bernier for sure heading to free agency?

"Well, we have our two goalies. I anticipate that he's gonna check the market."

Plan to hold onto Varly for next year?

"Yeah absolutely. We did this to have two goalies..........We've got a fairly young team, and we wanna make sure that we have two good goalies."

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Skinner is scary with his concussions. He could be the next Marc Savard if he doesn't keep his head up.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Not sure why Skinner or his agent would block a trade anywhere.....it's obvious Carolina wants to move on from him....could be he wants to avoid a Canadian market for tax and privacy reasons. But when a team clearly doesn't want you, why would any player want to stay?

Maybe he doesn’t want to move twice in two years?

Unless he has agreed beforehand to an extension he could be moving somewhere for a season then move again as a UFA.

Jonny89

Jun 24, 2018
I have watched this board for years but never created an account. I did so just to say how sad I am to have my personal favorite player the last few years turn hell. I know he has the clause, and he completely has the right to use it... But at the end of the day I root for the laundry not the guys inside. I look forward to him teaching the young guys that being minus-30 is a good thing

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Carolina is saying he hasn’t been asked to waive it. So IDK!

I read TWO direct quotes prior to the Canes/Flames trade from their GMs about NOT trading Hamilton and NOT trading Hanifin so I don’t really know who to trust anymore.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I read TWO direct quotes prior to the Canes/Flames trade from their GMs about NOT trading Hamilton and NOT trading Hanifin so I don’t really know who to trust anymore.

I go by a rule that says anytime a GM says words that are meant to imply that nothing is happening without saying it outright, something is happening.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
It’s not being taken seriously by anyone here but the Canes local media has clearly stated that no trade has been taken to Jeff Skinner to approve as of Sunday afternoon.

Canes media has never lied, and they don’t specifically state who told them. After following the team for so long I have never had a reason to doubt the local media. They are not prone to being duped, are not remotely sensationalistic, and never really say anything at all other than things that are known to be true. It is a new regime, so we will see if something has changed but I do believe them until proven guilty.

It’s been years since Skinner had a concussion, and years since he played a style prone to getting them. He just stopped taking the middle from the right side with fancy moves. He’s pretty exclusively on the left now, and when he does attack on the right he drives wide or pulls up.

He’s one of the Canes most durable players. He works very hard in the off season. I don’t really want him gone.

sheriff bart

Where are the white women at
Nov 11, 2010
Rock Ridge
Skinner is scary with his concussions. He could be the next Marc Savard if he doesn't keep his head up.

One hit away...

meyers.gif

THall4

Feb 25, 2014
Edmonton, AB
Yes bring down your value.
I seriously doubt he cares what his perceived trade value is. Its clear the only thing he cares about right now is where he plays.

I wonder who and what trades hes squashed so far?
I get an inkling feeling an Oilers trade was one of them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad