Value of: Jeff Skinner for 1C...

tgo0

Aug 28, 2007
Winnipeg
Maybe he gets a 2C on a team with C depth, someone like RNH or Kadri but a 1C is completely unrealistic.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Maybe he gets a 2C on a team with C depth, someone like RNH or Kadri but a 1C is completely unrealistic.
Good examples, but i will nitpick on the Kadri one, Leafs won't deal a 2C for another winger.

tgo0

Aug 28, 2007
Winnipeg
Good examples, but i will nitpick on the Kadri one, Leafs won't deal a 2C for another winger.

I figured that one might cause a debate. Really wasn't speaking on specific team needs, moreso just 2 quick examples of teams with C depth and fair value in a vacuum. I would've said Little as well (even though the Jets, like the Leafs aren't looking to move C for W) but he's had a bit of a down year so he likely wouldn't be fair 1:1 value.

Reactions: Liferleafer

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Skinner doesn't even start the discussion for one of the 20 or so legit #1 centers in the NHL. He wouldn't even pull in a 1b/2a guy like Trochek, Kadri or ROR.

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
Your valuations show your ignorance about our roster.

Hanifin isn't worth nearly as much as Aho, especially with Aho transitioning to C.

If Aho translates successfully into a center for a full season than sure but Habs did it all year with Drouin, and he's still a winger. As of now, most I think teams would still consider him a winger and value a potential top pair D more

Sabresruletheschool

Jul 16, 2012
Skinner doesn't even start the discussion for one of the 20 or so legit #1 centers in the NHL. He wouldn't even pull in a 1b/2a guy like Trochek, Kadri or ROR.

ROR is a #1 center, taking the toughest match ups on a bad team and still gets 60 pts.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
ROR is a #1 center, taking the toughest match ups on a bad team and still gets 60 pts.
You can say pretty much the same for Kadri, and I'd label him a 1b/2a. He's not a bonafide #1 center you build around. If he's your number 1 center, you aren't happy with your center situation.

He also plays like 20 minutes a game with significant PP time because he plays for a bad team, which helps his raw point totals.

PatrikOverAuston

Laine > Matthews
Jun 22, 2016
Winnipeg
Not a fan of either team but skinner for nugent Hopkins?

It was something I wanted to happen badly because it looked like Todd McLellan would never try RNH on McDavid's wing, leaving him to be a 3C in Edmonton for all of time. An RNH + for Faulk + Skinner package made a lot of sense even eight weeks ago.

However, surprise surprise, Nuge has since turned out to be the best fit with #97 we have ever seen, so it's no longer necessary. At this point I'd rather trade Edmonton's 1st (9th) for a D and keep RNH. Skinner would still be nice but more as a deadline piece.

Reactions: Ck1

Sabresruletheschool

Jul 16, 2012
You can say pretty much the same for Kadri, and I'd label him a 1b/2a. He's not a bonafide #1 center you build around. If he's your number 1 center, you aren't happy with your center situation.

He also plays like 20 minutes a game with significant PP time because he plays for a bad team, which helps his raw point totals.

Agree to disagree. If you put O'Reilly in Kadri's spot, you'd have a 70-75 point center who's a selke candidate. You put Kadri in O'Reilly's spot, you'd have a 45-55 point center IMO.

Reactions: go4hockey and Jets

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Agree to disagree. If you put O'Reilly in Kadri's spot, you'd have a 70-75 point center who's a selke candidate. You put Kadri in O'Reilly's spot, you'd have a 45-55 point center IMO.
Kadri's production at 5v5 has blown O'Rielly out of the water the last 2 years. O'Rielly relies on playing a full minute more a game on the PP for his production. Kadri plays significantly less minutes, which is a more important factor in production than line-mates. O'Rielly isn't a #1 center, and if he was a teams number 1 center they would constantly be looking for an upgrade.

Reactions: Raymoondo

Canucks1096

Feb 13, 2016
Can Jeff Skinner return a 1C? If so, who can he return? Will there need to be add ons or not?

Number 1 center are usually not available for trade. You need to draft them unless you are Dallas. Last 5 years traded for two number 1 center. Seguin and Spezza. Also the Wild sign one as a UFA in Staal.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005

He is if you believe their is exactly 31(not 29 or 32) #1 centers. Now if you believe a player has to be at a certain level of play to be considered a #1 that is up for debate

Sabresruletheschool

Jul 16, 2012
Kadri's production at 5v5 has blown O'Rielly out of the water the last 2 years. O'Rielly relies on playing a full minute more a game on the PP for his production. Kadri plays significantly less minutes, which is a more important factor in production than line-mates. O'Rielly isn't a #1 center, and if he was a teams number 1 center they would constantly be looking for an upgrade.

You mean the last 2 years since Mathews, and a much much better team around him and Babcock coaching? While O'Reilly's been on a crap team with bad linemates and crap coaching? Of course O'Reilly has to rely on PP production. He's had wingers like Ennis, Foligno, Okoposo and a plethora of crap on his wing the last 2 seasons. Still while given the hardest defensive matchups. I do not believe that if Kadri took O'Reilly's role in Buffalo, he'd have anywhere near the success he's enjoying now. I stand by what I said. O'Reilly 70 point center, Kadri 50 point center if they switched right now

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
If Aho translates successfully into a center for a full season than sure but Habs did it all year with Drouin, and he's still a winger. As of now, most I think teams would still consider him a winger and value a potential top pair D more
If Aho becomes a C then the canes don’t need to get a 1C.

Until he does, as a winger his value is a certain amount.

Positions do matter in the nhl. C and D are more valuable than W. Nash wasn’t dealing Jones for anything less than a C.

Hanifin hasn’t hit his potential yet, so doubtful he returns a C at the same age range that is proven.

There’s probably just a handful of W that would return a very good D. Talking like Kane, Ovy level.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad