Value of: Jeff Skinner for 1C...

Nov 13, 2006
Ohio
If the Canes want a 1C, they need to be prepared to offer a first pair defenseman. I can't imagine Skinner returning one. Remember the ask for Duchene?

HenrikW

Feb 21, 2018
If he's re-signed to a long-term lucrative contract with interesting add-ons sure

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
Why would you trade a number one C for anything less than a number one C?
Skinner is decent but let's be fair. He hasn't really helped the Canes go anywhere special. I like your Maserati. How about you trade it to me for my Honda? Of course not. The only way this type of deal works is if the 1c in question is a serious head case, is coming off a serious injury, or something else where the market is extremely narrow and hands are tied.

migi

Feb 25, 2015
When was the last time when WINGER was traded to 1C?

Add Aho or Hanifin/Slavin and you might get the deal done.

varano

Jun 27, 2013
I like skinner. Specifically his skating. He has an offensive touch too. But You might only get a 2C for him.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
I doubt that Jeff Skinner could return even a good #2C straight up.

He's a 50-60 point winger who isn't exactly young anymore.

bluedevil58

Oct 19, 2017
I doubt that Jeff Skinner could return even a good #2C straight up.

He's a 50-60 point winger who isn't exactly young anymore.

Ummm he's only 25. What do you define as young? A 18 year old phenomenon like Matthews pre-draft?

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
25 is young, but he's not "unbelievable potential lies ahead". This is his 8th year in the league. He's played 579 games. Jeff Skinner is a very good player, but he's also a completely known quantity. His 25 is FAR different than an average player's 25.

I was speaking more to his tenure in the league. Teams know exactly what Jeff Skinner is, and that's a 50-60 point winger. Normally, you could get more value from a guy like Skinner if he was a year or two into the league and did this because you'd think that he's got the ability to pop 40+ goals or continue to grow. Skinner, at this point, is what he is. And while it's a pretty damn good player, he's not a player worth any 1C or any good 2C.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Skinner is defensively disengaged about half the time and runs hot and cold on offense. He is not returning a top line center. If the Canes want to trade him, they should probably target a team with defensive assets that needs a forward, then flip Faulk or another defender to fill the new hole in their forward lineup.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Can Jeff Skinner return a 1C? If so, who can he return? Will there need to be add ons or not?

No, absolutely not.

No team in the league is going to trade a 1C for a 1W, and especially when the 1W isn't even a particularly strong 1W to begin with.

#1C is arguably the hardest position in hockey to fill. When you get one you dont trade them away unless its for a massive return. Hell look at what Matt Duchene just returned and he's not a 1C if you want to be a Stanley Cup contending team.

Primetime8

Oct 10, 2014
Columbia, SC
Basically only 1 Canes fan thinks he is worth a 1C. Most of us know he can't return that without significant additions to the trade. However, we also realize what he is capable of and that he will probably go on to score 35+ goals for the team he goes to, 30 at the very least.

Reactions: SaskCanesFan

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Skinner doesn’t return a true 1C. I think for the Canes to trade him he would need to return a guy who can be their top offensive center. Jordan Staal is going to play all the heavy minutes so maybe as I suggested on the Canes board an RNH type?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad