News Article: Jeff Rimer will retire after the 2023-24 Season

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
To be perfectly frank, I am far, far more worried about this hiring/replacement than I am a new GM and/or coach.

I wonder if I'm the only one in that regard. Possibly.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
To be perfectly frank, I am far, far more worried about this hiring/replacement than I am a new GM and/or coach.

I’m more curious than worried. At the end of the day, if the replacement sucks, I can just mute the TV.

Reactions: Doggy

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Regardless of one’s feelings about Rimer, it’s certainly the end of an era. He’s been the voice of the team for almost its entire history. So to Rimer I say “Congratulations on your lengthy career and being part of Blue Jackets history.”

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio

If they bring in a bad GM and he makes 3 years worth of bad moves before he is fired, the impact on the team will be much more than 3 years. If they bring in a bad Rimer replacement and fire him in 3 years, we might have some new inside jokes at HF CBJ but no long term damage.

That said, my fear that the team doesn’t perform the correct front end work when hiring coaches, assistant coaches, or front office types certainly applies to the Rimer replacement. I would have watched all sorts of AHL and OHL games and would already have the replacement under contract for next year. We are a small market team - let’s not screw up an important hire like the guy fans feel like they know because he is always on tv. They should have spent the last year looking for a young Canadian Paul Keels.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
If they bring in a bad GM and he makes 3 years worth of bad moves before he is fired, the impact on the team will be much more than 3 years. If they bring in a bad Rimer replacement and fire him in 3 years
You can stop right there. I don't believe for one moment a new PBP guy would be so quickly removed. And there are guys I can't stand despite being supposedly adequate.

At the end of the day this is about entertainment.

Reactions: Indy18

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
You can stop right there. I don't believe for one moment a new PBP guy would be so quickly removed.

Well, if the Rimer replacement sucks, and you want to lead the protests against him/her/them, I’ll join you.

On the plus side, JD made the hockey hall of fame as a broadcaster, so this should be in his wheelhouse.

5th Line Fanatic

Oct 2, 2020
John Buccigross sat down with Bob McElligott. I have no idea when this was filmed or why he was in town, but he mentions in the beginning, "this would be the place I'd pick if I could come back."

mod edit: fixed twitter embed

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: MissADD and CBJx614

MissADD

Jun 21, 2018
Silvermoon City
John Buccigross sat down with Bob McElligott. I have no idea when this was filmed or why he was in town, but he mentions in the beginning, "this would be the place I'd pick if I could come back."

mod edit: fixed twitter embed

Is it possible? Yea, I would say it is.
Is is probable? No, I would say it isn't probable

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: CBJWerenski8

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
I, for one, look forward to the CBJ hiring Buccigross with no background checks and then watching a hastily called CBJ press conference where Johnny Hockey and Boone Jenner explain that the female Blue Jackets employees have misunderstood the pictures Buccigross has been texting them.
2 sides to everything .. could care less , ESPN didn’t can him , great personality , and a proud Buckeye . Probably not a chance we could afford him , but he would be a massive upgrade

Reactions: Cyclones Rock

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad