Jeff Petry "Its nice not to have cliques"

Status
Not open for further replies.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
The whole issue in SJ started with that jackass manager Doug Wilson. If Mclellan would have supported his players over managerial directive the ****show wouldn't have exploded.

You gotta dial it back Replacement. Pre-season hasn't started and you have me wanting to hang myself. I understand the cynicism regarding the team, but you gotta at least give the new guys a chance before condemning them.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I never said he bashed the city. I just said he could have not mentioned Edmonton at all. It seems like you're pretty sensitive to the issue tbh. Why does he have to compare it to Edmonton? And why does everyone have to love it? To be honest, I don't really care that much. I do understand why other people do, and I'm just stating that any comparison between either city is unnecessary.

Here is what you said....

...there's a long history of players crapping on Edmonton. He could have praised Montreal without saying a word about Edmonton. People are sensitive about it, and I don't blame anyone for it.

Th inference is pretty clear. Best not say anything that might paint Edmonton in a lesser light for fear of insulting some hypersensitive Edmontonian.

Yeah...its clear. Honestly I think some people just need to grow thicker skin.

Last edited:

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
I never said he bashed the city. I just said he could have not mentioned Edmonton at all. It seems like you're pretty sensitive to the issue tbh. Why does he have to compare it to Edmonton? And why does everyone have to love it? To be honest, I don't really care that much. I do understand why other people do, and I'm just stating that any comparison between either city is unnecessary.

Its probably not all that important. :popcorn:;)

look at me diffusing an argument. Or I should say defusing..

hockey joy joy fix tomorrow, hit me up, hit me up...:laugh:

Last edited:

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
"Amen to that!" says the recovering workaholic.

Can you believe that its 30% more expensive to live in Edmonton than Montreal?

Sobering stat and absolutely nothing to do with quality of life. Its all chasing work to make more money to spend more money to...:laugh:

For some reason I live in Edmonton. The way I look at it I appreciate any vacation I ever take more this way. No matter where I go. :nod:

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
You gotta dial it back Replacement. Pre-season hasn't started and you have me wanting to hang myself. I understand the cynicism regarding the team, but you gotta at least give the new guys a chance before condemning them.

No its all good, hockey tomorrow, better things to talk about. I guarantee. Only one more sleep.

woo woo woo:yo::handclap:

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I spent several hours researching this and spent more time asking Sharks fans their direct take on what happened. Its not a passing interest for me. When we get new key people here in the org I research the background. I pulled every direct quote I could, read every article going over all the minutiae that I could. I'm obsessive. Probably clinically. :laugh: In the offseason there isn't much else to focus on that's hockey related so I always focus on studying up about the latest crop of incoming. For instance why I was probably the first poster on this board to determine Eakins was an idiot. Although I'm clearly predisposed to such determination.:laugh:

Anyway my friend this sidebar discussion shouldn't be happening as it is not on topic. Pm if you want to ever bend my ear on something.

cheers

Several hours too many bud. Lets embrace the new season and leave the past in the past. The New McEra is upon us. :D

ForsbergForever

May 19, 2004
I skipped reading the last four pages, but as far as Hall and the Oilers, it seems the team was destined to be saddled with a player who has some serious character issues be it Hall or Sequin. Quite something when you think about it, first two picks both gaining a rep for immaturity and lack of character...

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I skipped reading the last four pages, but as far as Hall and the Oilers, it seems the team was destined to be saddled with a player who has some serious character issues be it Hall or Sequin. Quite something when you think about it, first two picks both gaining a rep for immaturity and lack of character...

Maybe I am just not on top of all the Hall hearsay but what character issues are you referring to?

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007

Hall has nowhere near the character issues that Seguin does. He just plays in a fishbowl market that exgaerrates every little that he does and happens to be the best player on the team so he gets undue scrutiny. Happens in every Canadian city, the fans love players, but they also love to get on their case.

When Ryan Smyth, a guy who bleeds Oiler blue, had his retirement press conference, the only two Oilers that showed up to support him were Hall and Eberle. They both get a bad rap here amongst a minority part of the fanbase (that's whiny on the internet) because someone has to be the scapegoat when the team is losing this much.

And you know what? I'd take Tyler Seguin and Taylor Hall on my team any day. Any team that has either is very, very fortunate. Screw the tight wads that think a hockey player needs to be a boy scout.

Chet Manley

Apr 15, 2007
Regina, SK
I like Regina just fine. Good people and enough activities to keep me occupied. But that opinion would likely change if the bank account had millions in it. Multimillionaires probably compare two cities differently then most of the posters in this thread.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
Here is what you said....

Th inference is pretty clear. Best not say anything that might paint Edmonton in a lesser light for fear of insulting some hypersensitive Edmontonian.

Yeah...its clear. Honestly I think some people just need to grow thicker skin.

First I should say that my post probably sounded a little snapish, and that was not my intent, so I apologize off the bat.

On the other side of the coin, when the city gets powerbombed by players so often over the years, it tends to make people sensitive. I guess growing a thicker skin is one way to look at it, but it really was unnecessary to compare the two. Just my two cents.

Oh don't worry, I have another post in this thread that will want make you want to argue with me, lol.

No its all good, hockey tomorrow, better things to talk about. I guarantee. Only one more sleep.

woo woo woo:yo::handclap:

And there it is, lol. Kudos on not smacking me.

:shakehead If that's the extent of your knowledge and experience with your hometown, you have no one but yourself to blame for it.

Amen. If you don't care to look for any culture, you won't find it.

Narnia

Mar 1, 2002
Surrey, BC
picasaweb.google.com
Can you believe that its 30% more expensive to live in Edmonton than Montreal?

Sobering stat and absolutely nothing to do with quality of life. Its all chasing work to make more money to spend more money to...:laugh:

For some reason I live in Edmonton. The way I look at it I appreciate any vacation I ever take more this way. No matter where I go. :nod:
There's also tax on tax in Montreal. Don't give me the BS that's it's cheaper in Montreal.

Philly85*

I Ain't Even Mad
Mar 28, 2009

Not going to join in on the discussion just wanted to mention that is one of the best remixes ever. Thievery Corporation... so good... so fresh... I remember showing all my friends that Versions album when I first got it, loaded with great stuff. That's a sweet video too, I've never seen it.

IdontSpitOnTheIce

Apr 27, 2012
This pretty much reaffirms what Yak said when he has no friends on the team. With that being said, I hate the idea of McDavid rooming with Hall. I don't see a leader in him.

It's hard when you're bad at english and don't have any russian teammates to speak to.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Not going to join in on the discussion just wanted to mention that is one of the best remixes ever. Thievery Corporation... so good... so fresh... I remember showing all my friends that Versions album when I first got it, loaded with great stuff. That's a sweet video too, I've never seen it.

Thanks. Been fortunate enough to catch Thievery Corporation a couple times. I'm a huge fan for a long long time. Probably around 98.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
First I should say that my post probably sounded a little snapish, and that was not my intent, so I apologize off the bat.

On the other side of the coin, when the city gets powerbombed by players so often over the years, it tends to make people sensitive. I guess growing a thicker skin is one way to look at it, but it really was unnecessary to compare the two. Just my two cents.

Its all good.
I guess i would just like to see a day when people are actually secure enough to acknowledge the shortcomings of the city they live in.

Nothing changes if things are never talked about for fear of hurting someones sensitive (and often times imbalanced) perspective.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad