Jeff Petry "Its nice not to have cliques"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patch101

Feb 27, 2002
Kamloops
Probably not worth its own thread, but I accidentally left the TSN feed running to run into Jeff Petry saying that its nice to have such a tight group, never felt that before, and it was good not to have a bunch of cliques going off in different directions doing their own things. :speechles

Edit: Yah I screwed up that quote "There not your cliques going in their own direction"

Jeff Lebowski

Jan 12, 2008
Yeah, I believe some of the kids were guilty of that (IE: Hall, Eberle, etc). Hopefully that crap ends now and they start to unite as a complete group.

Diamondillium

DO YOU WANT ANTS!?
Aug 22, 2011
Edmonton, AB
That's definitely an issue that has existed within the Oilers for a while. I am quite optimistic that with McLellan will help with getting the whole team as a cohesive unit, and I think that will be one of the factors that really makes a difference on whether the team can put it all together or not.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Hopefully one day soon some of the young players on our team that have had their heads up their butts get them removed. One player in particular mentioning no names.

StoveTopStauffer

Apr 6, 2012
That's what happens when your stupid GM keeps harping about a "core" where you're never included, yet some ******* who couldn't be bothered to play defense is.

**** you MacT.

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
Petry is in a better situation for himself now,,,, move on, and no need to make such comments.
Every team has cliques... To think otherwise is naive...and petry comes off as bitter with this comment.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
That's what happens when your stupid GM keeps harping about a "core" where you're never included, yet some ******* who couldn't be bothered to play defense is.

**** you MacT.

One group gets treated one way and the rest treated another way, that's not a good way to build a team IMO. I also must say that this is why you need someone with more clout than Ference to weed this **** out.

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
Glad Petry is gone. Petry was overrated and I bet he doesn't live up to his contract.

I liked petry, ..i'm not about to crap on him just because he no longer wears copper and blue.
Wish him the best of luck...just didn't care for this comment, didn't need to be said.

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
Not everyone can hang out with Petry at church on Sunday.
Or join his club of taking nights off and not competing.

NAF

Beauty Fakes
Sep 30, 2010
Uh huh. And Taylor Hall is a cancer. And Ben Scrivens makes fun of Klinkhammer for not knowing how to read. Or whatever.

I hate speculation and gossip about the interpersonal relationships of hockey players so very much.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I think McDavid and Nurse will change this, they are big time team guys who look after all their teammates, not just a small group of them.

Leon is the same way I think.

Culture change is coming, but Todd McLellan is the most important part of it. Chiarelli won't put up with bull **** either.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I think McDavid and Nurse will change this, they are big time team guys who look after all their teammates, not just a small group of them.

Culture change is coming, but Todd McLellan is the most important part of it. Chiarelli won't put up with bull **** either.

Nurse may not be the same caliber of "star" as some of our other youngsters but he could easily get in someone's face if they are being d-bags to other teammates. Easily our toughest "core" player.

Floyd McJiveson

Nov 27, 2013
Why worry about this crap? Everything will change when the team starts winning. I'm sure Jeff is happy in Montreal. Good for him.

DisgruntledGoat*

Dec 26, 2010
I can't believe there are still people attacking players for making comments like this... Seriously, what would it take for some people to realize what a mess this whole franchise has been, top-to-bottom?

'Classless'? He barely said anything at all. 'Bitter'? Yeah, Im sure he's really choked about playing on a better team for more money.

Gambl0r83*

Why is he so sour. Can't he just move on and make his 5 mil a year or whatever stupid amount they're paying him?
Bet he gets roasted in Montreal for his off games, which are many btw, and it trade bait in 2017.
What an overpaid sour grape

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
I have this vision of 22 grown men walking, holding hands, down the street and doing everything together while "let me tell you about my best friend" plays in the background. Indeed, every team has cliques, if for nothing else but sheer practical purposes.

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
I can't believe there are still people attacking players for making comments like this... Seriously, what would it take for some people to realize what a mess this whole franchise has been, top-to-bottom?

'Classless'? He barely said anything at all. 'Bitter'? Yeah, Im sure he's really choked about playing on a better team for more money.

we're just wondering why he felt the need to make the comment. he probably is bitter, or he wouldn't have bothered to say anything.

people can like a player and still comment on something they do that seems dumb.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Why is he so sour. Can't he just move on and make his 5 mil a year or whatever stupid amount they're paying him?
Bet he gets roasted in Montreal for his off games, which are many btw, and it trade bait in 2017.
What an overpaid sour grape

Talk about sour grapes.....

He didn't need to make the comment but it sounds like a few of you are the bitter ones and I'm not even a big fan of his.

PinSeeker

Really narrowed his eyyyyyyyyyesssssss
Aug 22, 2005
YLW
This board is the CSI:Miami of soundbites. Always hot on the trail of whatever inconsequential morsel someone, who is not a professional PR person but a pro athlete, let slide out of their mouth.

The humanity!

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
This pretty much reaffirms what Yak said when he has no friends on the team. With that being said, I hate the idea of McDavid rooming with Hall. I don't see a leader in him.

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005

We've got a lot of young guys known and renowned for their leadership... even guys like Lander.

Our team has been terrible... nobody has been doing their job well (yet).

Once guys find their role... and find success as a team, then role players will be valued... once that happens our "elite talent" and "role players" will find themselves on more equal footing, with more mutual respect, regardless of age or skill.

It's been that way on any team since the dawn of time.

I mean just think of it... if you are a vet checking center, and your job is to shutdown the other team, when are you more valued... when you are protecting a 1 goal lead or chasing one? And if in the first period, a young star player bungles his coverage and you are scored on, what happens? Young player gets TOLD. And then you hold the score tight until the third, young player doesn't score... and you go out in the third and Thornton scores on you. Imagine the unspoken exchange when you go back to the bench and young player looks your way.

Do you feel like going out for a chummy beer after the game if you are the vet checking center?

Over time, losing alienates you from your team-mates... there is only one solution.

tempest2i

Jigsaw Falling Into Place
Oct 25, 2009
Cowtown
Wait, you mean to tell me that a team that has been historically bad for like 5 straight years wasn't a unified group of best friends?

I'm shocked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad