Waived: Jeff Halpern (Claimed by Montreal)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I just don't see the point considering his role on the team. Why not try and do this with Powe or Asham who have an extra year on their contracts and don't seem to being much this year, let alone next year?

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
I just don't see the point considering his role on the team. Why not try and do this with Powe or Asham who have an extra year on their contracts and don't seem to being much this year, let alone next year?
The only reasonable answer I can see is that they want another contract spot and think Halpern will be claimed, where Powe and Asham will not.

Kokoschka

May 13, 2012

Basically this. Halpern was good defensively and brought some speed to our bottom 6. Good on the PK, working his ass off every night. One of the few I've been positively surprised this year. Honestly, I'd thought he'd rather get a shot the job at 3rd line center than be waived. :help:

Bardof425*

He's been snake bitten for a while now. 4 goals in 101 games.

BUT HE CAN SKATE!!!!11

He does more than skate well and you know it. He has been disappointing with his inability to cash in on good scoring chances. There haven't been many but he should have buried one or two by now.

Kokoschka

May 13, 2012
The only reasonable answer I can see is that they want another contract spot and think Halpern will be claimed, where Powe and Asham will not.

Well, we could at least have given it a shot. Perhaps a team desperate for PKers/toughness would've given them an opportunity.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I also find it hard to believe there isn't a team out there right now who wouldn't pay a 7th rounder for Jeff Halpern. Even a conditional 7th for if they re-sign him. Blows the mind.

16 To Stanley*

Halpern and Powe had great chemistry together. Trade/signing incoming?

Great chemistry? They were ****ing awful. No offensive threat at all. Not one goal. I'm not asking for a lot from our 4th line, but jesus christ, they aren't even a threat. They are wastes of roster spots. Good Riddance to him.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
He does more than skate well and you know it. He has been disappointing with his inability to cash in on good scoring chances. There haven't been many but he should have buried one or two by now.
His skating was a big topic of conversation among you and others who overrate him terribly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad